The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
I got one back within an hour. Maybe it's because it's been the weekend?

Hmmm, sent on friday morning, and now its nearly monday evening :confused: Might just resend it
Original post by Soares
Hmmm, sent on friday morning, and now its nearly monday evening :confused: Might just resend it

Did you just press reply or start a new email with the address in the letter? It's really weird that you haven't got one back.
Reply 1102
Did you just press reply or start a new email with the address in the letter? It's really weird that you haven't got one back.

Just pressed reply, copy and pasted the reply slip with just the confirmation option and my details
Reply 1103
and a thankyou at the end
Original post by Princeling
Congratulations!!! How awesome to be getting offers already. 8')

Seriously, phone them up. o: It is Katie Hawcroft you should be looking for/emailing, like Ham said.

Thanks for the advice both of you, I found her email, so I've sent one.. she should be in the office until 5.30pm so i'll give that a chance. if not will ring tomorrow.

Just got an email from chelsea but it was just telling me that they received my mini portfolio intime in reply to my email from deadline time(was caring for my mother on the day and wasn't sure i'd make it to the post office, asked if could hand it in personally. but sent it before the post office shut in the end.) so at least that's some kind of good news :-/
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Soares
Just pressed reply, copy and pasted the reply slip with just the confirmation option and my details

Try sending a new email, they might have replies automatically blocked or something?
chelsea also just replied to my thankyou letter to say 'it's best to check ucas track in the next few weeks for an update' - if they know i've been rejected then it would be weird giving me this attention. will keep hopes up and hopefully everyone will hear in next few weeks :banana:
Reply 1107
Try sending a new email, they might have replies automatically blocked or something?

humm yh, you sent a new email then not a reply?

This is just annoying :mad: I don't want to annoy them by doing this twice but obvs they might of just not received it
Reply 1108
Original post by Soares
When people have confirmed to attend there Goldsmiths interview date, has Katie Hawcroft replied acknowledging that?
Emailed back to them to confirm on Friday, and she hasn't said a think back :s-smilie:

After confirming interviews for the Slade and Goldsmiths I didn't get a reply, just presumed it was standard.. maybe I should check they no I'm attending....
Reply 1109
Original post by Farout
After confirming interviews for the Slade and Goldsmiths I didn't get a reply, just presumed it was standard.. maybe I should check they no I'm attending....

You got interviews for both? :eek: I didn't think that was possible for any applicant for many reasons lololol
Well Done
Original post by Soares
You got interviews for both? :eek: I didn't think that was possible for any applicant for many reasons lololol
Well Done

I know a few people who got both

And thanks everyone :smile: its nice to have a backup
Reply 1111
anyone still waiting to hear from brighton? feels like it's been ages!:s-smilie:

thought id chip in, so here is my online portfolio if anyone's interested :smile:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60023451@N06/sets/72157629331776407/
Original post by byrd
anyone still waiting to hear from brighton? feels like it's been ages!:s-smilie:

thought id chip in, so here is my online portfolio if anyone's interested :smile:

What course have you applied for? I've heard back re. Critical fine art practice and have an interview this Thursday, i seem to be the only one on here so far though as my deadline time was much shorter than everyone elses (i received an email in january for my miniportfolio)
Reply 1113
Original post by joverbena
What course have you applied for? I've heard back re. Critical fine art practice and have an interview this Thursday, i seem to be the only one on here so far though as my deadline time was much shorter than everyone elses (i received an email in january for my miniportfolio)

Yeah critical fine art practice. Ah sounds like they're taking their time going through things, like staggering it a bit maybe.. Thanks for the info :smile:
Good luck for thursday! I'm sure you'll do great :smile:
Original post by byrd
Yeah critical fine art practice. Ah sounds like they're taking their time going through things, like staggering it a bit maybe.. Thanks for the info :smile:
Good luck for thursday! I'm sure you'll do great :smile:

Aw thankyou, hope you hear soon :smile:
Reply 1115
wimbledon gave me an interview date, finally! got an offer from bath for fine art and an offer from bristol for drawing and applied arts (after a very confusing day!) but i still haven't heard from Edinburgh about my online portfolio submission for BA Painting. Has anyone else heard? People on my foundation have heard from the about Graphics and Illustration, is it worth sending an email?
Original post by byrd

I'm still waiting too. When was your deadline?
Haven't heard myself, but I know a few people who applied for BA painting who were all invited to an applicant day at the same time. If their going to reject me I wish they'd just do it already.. This wait is torture.
Reply 1118
Original post by joverbena
Aw thankyou, hope you hear soon :smile:

me too! it's agony waiting to hear from places! cannot wait until it's all over!
Talking about Edinburgh there! Sorry forgot to quote!

Quick Reply

Latest