The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princeling
Congratulations on your Chelsea interviews, guys! When are they?

12th March (Mon) 9.30am

byrd
has anyone else considered applying abroad?

Yep, I wanted to do my art degree in Holland last year, to get out of the country - had heart set on going to this college at Utrecht, but after sending my portfolio they didn't even give me a proper letter, just scribbled 'terugkeren afgewezen!' on a postit. (return rejected) - the exclamation mark made it even more cruel, no wonder my expectations are low!

Here is where I applied:
http://www.hku.nl/web/English/UtrechtSchoolOfTheArts.htm
Glad I took a foundation and stayed here.. hopefully now that i've managed to get 4/5 interviews I'll get into one.
Does anyone else have an interview for Critical Fine Art at Brighton uni? Are they all on Wednesdays? Just found out it'll cost me the best part of £150 to go, so I'm wondering whether to ask for a later date and save some pennies :tongue:
OMG- Just to warn everyone- Don't ever send your portfolio with a courier. Mines gone missing. So basically I won't get my 3 Art A Levels, so won't get the grades and don't have anything to take to the Slade next week. Sooooooo upset and worried. But yeh- avoid couriers at all costs!!!
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
Does anyone else have an interview for Critical Fine Art at Brighton uni? Are they all on Wednesdays? Just found out it'll cost me the best part of £150 to go, so I'm wondering whether to ask for a later date and save some pennies :tongue:

mines tomorrow at 11am, think i've already posted about it several times so you might not have been applying question to me! But I got the brighton tickets in advance a week and half ago with my railcard, live in London so it only cost £10.

And as long as you let them know as soon as possible they seem quite good at making sure the date is ok for you at Brighton
Original post by randombelle
OMG- Just to warn everyone- Don't ever send your portfolio with a courier. Mines gone missing. So basically I won't get my 3 Art A Levels, so won't get the grades and don't have anything to take to the Slade next week. Sooooooo upset and worried. But yeh- avoid couriers at all costs!!!

:eek: is there no way you can get it?! that's awful :frown:

SUEEEEE THEM
(edited 12 years ago)

:eek: So sorry that is awful, do you have lots of pictures you can just print out and explain the situation? Are you going to contact Slade to explain your dilemma?
Original post by joverbena
mines tomorrow at 11am, think i've already posted about it several times so you might not have been applying question to me! But I got the brighton tickets in advance a week and half ago with my railcard, live in London so it only cost £10.

And as long as you let them know as soon as possible they seem quite good at making sure the date is ok for you at Brighton

Oh yeah, I thought yours was soon - good luck! I'm just a bit worried that it'll clash with another because I've got 4 interviews in March. Nightmare. Plus, as bad as this sounds, a week's notice really isn't enough to get everything done :colondollar: I'll give them an email then, thanks!
Original post by kaylafrances
:eek: is there no way you can get it?! that's awful :frown:

SUEEEEE THEM

Nope- it's somewhere in the country but they have no idea where- it hasn't been logged anywhere :frown: And- About suing them= My parents are lawyers & barrister so the delivery company would be fighting a losing battle! But then, we'd rather have my work back then get money.
Oh yeah, I thought yours was soon - good luck! I'm just a bit worried that it'll clash with another because I've got 4 interviews in March. Nightmare. Plus, as bad as this sounds, a week's notice really isn't enough to get everything done :colondollar: I'll give them an email then, thanks!

Thanks! I'm screwed really to try and do anymore work for brighton tomorrow, just got to make the best of what i've got, it's all far too worrying as it is :colondollar:

Won't you get your A levels based on your predicted grades? I know it's not the same but I thought that was standard procedure.
Thanks! I'm screwed really to try and do anymore work for brighton tomorrow, just got to make the best of what i've got, it's all far too worrying as it is :colondollar:

It's horrible! I've got a week to write a new essay and put more stuff in my portfolio besides what I sent to them. The letter's pretty terrifying too, I think I'm just going to have to blag about the amount of reading and artsy things I've been doing.
But, last year the course went unfilled so maybe they won't be as picky this year? We can live in hope!
Reply 1171
12th March (Mon) 9.30am

Yep, I wanted to do my art degree in Holland last year, to get out of the country - had heart set on going to this college at Utrecht, but after sending my portfolio they didn't even give me a proper letter, just scribbled 'terugkeren afgewezen!' on a postit. (return rejected) - the exclamation mark made it even more cruel, no wonder my expectations are low!

Here is where I applied:
http://www.hku.nl/web/English/UtrechtSchoolOfTheArts.htm
Glad I took a foundation and stayed here.. hopefully now that i've managed to get 4/5 interviews I'll get into one.

gosh that sounds terrible!! :frown: I had similar experiences in the UK last year so looking around to see what else is out there. I got an offer from KABK in the hague but i had an interview straight after applying rather than sending work so it was pretty direct.
i reckon getting the interview is the hardest part esp with creative subjects,
i'm sure you'll do great :smile: really liked the stuff you posted on here!
Reply 1172

might be worth a try. i just got a letter saying mine is next thursday.. a return on the train is like £210 did not realise how expensive it would be... :s-smilie:
anyone else freaking out a little bit ? so much to do! :nutcase:
Reply 1173
Original post by byrd
might be worth a try. i just got a letter saying mine is next thursday.. a return on the train is like £210 did not realise how expensive it would be... :s-smilie:

All you need to do is get a mega bus to london (if fails funfare option on national express- also cheap)- then a train to brighton, save loads:]
Original post by byrd

Yep, definitely! They haven't given us enough time at all. £210?! I thought I had it bad!
Reply 1175
Original post by Farout
Thank you:]
Did you send another confirmation email, or a confirmation of a confirmation ? lol

She eventually emailed me back just yesterday saying, confirmed, see you then. Same with you?
Reply 1176
Original post by Soares
She eventually emailed me back just yesterday saying, confirmed, see you then. Same with you?

Thats good, does that mean you got an interview?

I didn't email, and now the ball seems to be rolling. I suppose I just have to wait and hope for good news!

Best of Luck :]
Reply 1177
Original post by Farout
Thats good, does that mean you got an interview?

I didn't email, and now the ball seems to be rolling. I suppose I just have to wait and hope for good news!

Best of Luck :]

yeah! :biggrin: for goldsmiths that is. Not slade, didn't apply there
Well they said to reply in 14 days from when we received the invitation, sooo i dunno lolol. Id rather they reply to my reply every time to confirm whatever lol, theres a lot at stake etc
Reply 1178
Original post by Soares
yeah! :biggrin: for goldsmiths that is. Not slade, didn't apply there
Well they said to reply in 14 days from when we received the invitation, sooo i dunno lolol. Id rather they reply to my reply every time to confirm whatever lol, theres a lot at stake etc

I got confused..I thought we were talking about Chelsea lol..after all the Chelsea talk... but Goldsmiths emailed with confirmation, but I might email the Slade 2moro just to be sure!
Reply 1179
Congrats on the Chelsea interviews guys, my coursemate got asked for interview there today as well and he was dead chuffed as its his first choice.

I got an offer from Wimbledon today, so have 3/4 offers, now only have CSSD interview on Monday and then its decision time. Guh.
Really dont know if I should move out of London or not.

Quick Reply

Latest