The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
For anyone like me, anxiously waiting to hear from camberwell, I emailed them and got this response today......

[INDENT]Applicants will be told of the outcome of their portfolio review no later than 30th March.

Please accept our apologies that this process has taken longer than initially advised.

Kind Regards

Camberwell Admissions

[/INDENT]
Original post by KED
For anyone like me, anxiously waiting to hear from camberwell, I emailed them and got this response today......

[INDENT]Applicants will be told of the outcome of their portfolio review no later than 30th March.

Please accept our apologies that this process has taken longer than initially advised.

Kind Regards

Camberwell Admissions

[/INDENT]

Ahh best of luck I really hope you get a place from them

I've no offers on ucas yet INCLUDING Wimbledon, really gone off it now and seriously wishing and praying my Goldsmiths experience is half as good as Ham_Sandwich's..

on the plus side i got a job today full time for the summer :smile:
Reply 1522
Omg omg omg....

at about 4am this morning my Track got updated...... I GOT OFFERS!!!!!

Chelsea
&
Camberwell

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Im so farking relieved! The bizzare thing is that camberwell have offered me sculpture instead of painting which I applied for, but its like they read my mind becasue I was becoming more and more worried about painting!

finally I can breathe, just going to wait for CSM before I make a decision..:groovy:
Reply 1523
Original post by KED
Omg omg omg....

Chelsea
&
Camberwell

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Im so farking relieved! The bizzare thing is that camberwell have offered me sculpture instead of painting which I applied for, but its like they read my mind becasue I was becoming more and more worried about painting!

finally I can breathe, just going to wait for CSM before I make a decision..:groovy:

Well done:], I got an offer from Chelsea to! I can't believe it!
Reply 1524
Still haven't recieved a ucas update for the innevitable kingston rejection :s-smilie: :confused:

Annndddd how have Goldsmiths interviews been going?

Also had to be semi sedated yesterday in hospital, had an op, and i'm in a really slow forgetful state which they said would last at least 24hours, got an interview on Friday, not sure if i should try and reschedule as am a bit worried this might have an effect :rolleyes: hmmmmm
Reply 1525
Original post by Farout
Well done:], I got an offer from Chelsea to! I can't believe it!

Huge congrats! :biggrin: Is Chelsea where you want to go?
Original post by KED
Omg omg omg....

Chelsea
&
Camberwell

So happy for you well done!!
Original post by Soares
Still haven't recieved a ucas update for the innevitable kingston rejection :s-smilie: :confused:

Also had to be semi sedated yesterday in hospital, had an op, and i'm in a really slow forgetful state which they said would last at least 24hours, got an interview on Friday, not sure if i should try and reschedule as am a bit worried this might have an effect :rolleyes: hmmmmm

My interview's at 4 this afternooon so ill let you know
which interview's on friday? they may just think you're the cool arty druggy type init
Original post by Soares

Interview seemed to go alright, had two women wonder if that makes a difference. one of them was roxy i think. Had a feeling she was more willing to give me place she was smilier and sort of said ' do we need to wait' at the end, the other lady took some writing from my folder to keep and look at (my FMP statement of intent') i guess good coz it shows interest. There were no difficult questions infact felt like more of a long conversation bout my work intentions with two more experienced artists if anything-- guess thats good too. I did a follow up email wen i left to try and keep me in their memory cos she said, in reply to how long i will hear, could be 2-3 weeks which does make me think 'more waiting, noooooo!'
Reply 1529
Original post by kaylafrances
My interview's at 4 this afternooon so ill let you know
which interview's on friday? they may just think you're the cool arty druggy type init

friday isssss Goldsmiths!! last one!! cant wait....
I hope this has worn off by then, starting to feel normal again, hadn't felt so relaxed in agessss

Goodluck!!!!!!
Original post by joverbena
Interview seemed to go alright, had two women wonder if that makes a difference. one of them was roxy i think. Had a feeling she was more willing to give me place she was smilier and sort of said ' do we need to wait' at the end, the other lady took some writing from my folder to keep and look at (my FMP statement of intent') i guess good coz it shows interest. There were no difficult questions infact felt like more of a long conversation bout my work intentions with two more experienced artists if anything-- guess thats good too. I did a follow up email wen i left to try and keep me in their memory cos she said, in reply to how long i will hear, could be 2-3 weeks which does make me think 'more waiting, noooooo!'

2 to 3 weeks?! Boooooooo! They haven't sent my offer through UCAS yet so i guess I'm going to have to wait that long too. Glad it went well though :smile: What did you think to the place?
Original post by KED
Omg omg omg....

Chelsea
&
Camberwell

Wow congratulations!!! So jealous of your Chelsea offer as it's my first choice and I don't even have my interview until April 16th, which is ages away. :frown:

I had my Goldsmiths interview yesterday and idk... I think I had the same women as you, joverbena. They were OK interested in my work and asked me some good questions, but they said also my work was a bit too "literal" and if I'd considered just doing ___. I don't know. I'd say it's 50/50 I get a place or not; but it was certainly the most challenging interview I've had... not because they ask many hard questions but you're expected to talk a lot on the spot about your work.
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
2 to 3 weeks?! Boooooooo! They haven't sent my offer through UCAS yet so i guess I'm going to have to wait that long too. Glad it went well though :smile: What did you think to the place?

Lovely, the bigness of the college and community I feel makes up for the fact it's a bit further from central london. I appreciate it too because it doesn't feel like London and is more quiet YET exciting bustly. Also the students they accept seem a particular breed of civilized, friendly and helpful? Not in a genetic way but in a hungry to learn, thoughtful way I mean!! Because I got overexcited/nervous and kept missing the 'Hoggard' building and i got helped with directions by students twice who werent put out that i asked.. and even the girl who was being interviewed after me offered to help me put my work away bless her! So it gives the impression that they care about the atmosphere and 'screen' very thoroughly to get students that make extra effort and are generally cool people, so i really, really do want to go there, but i'm not going to cry if i don't get in (i hope) seeing as it was amazing to get the interview. But it is right up there and i'm adamant i'd accept 100% if i got in...

But yes, the waiting is a pain in the backside. Not even heard from Wimbledon yet, i mean come on!!! :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Lovely, the bigness of the college and community I feel makes up for the fact it's a bit further from central london. I appreciate it too because it doesn't feel like London and is more quiet YET exciting bustly. Also the students they accept seem a particular breed of civilized, friendly and helpful? Not in a genetic way but in a hungry to learn, thoughtful way I mean!! Because I got overexcited/nervous and kept missing the 'Hoggard' building and i got helped with directions by students twice who werent put out that i asked.. and even the girl who was being interviewed after me offered to help me put my work away bless her! So it gives the impression that they care about the atmosphere and 'screen' very thoroughly to get students that make extra effort and are generally cool people, so i really, really do want to go there, but i'm not going to cry if i don't get in (i hope) seeing as it was amazing to get the interview. But it is right up there and i'm adamant i'd accept 100% if i got in...

But yes, the waiting is a pain in the backside. Not even heard from Wimbledon yet, i mean come on!!! :frown:

Seriously? Hasn't it been 4 or 5 weeks now? That's ridiculous!

I was really surprised how nice the other students were too! I had a pair walk out of that little studio/space next to the offices and wish me good luck which was really sweet. Though I saw that someone had written Star Wars puns on the interview signs and decided it was the place for me right then :colondollar:
Reply 1534
Original post by KED
Huge congrats! :biggrin: Is Chelsea where you want to go?

Thanks, well it's in the top three:tongue: Still waiting on a few others! How about you?
Reply 1535

Well done, 2 weeks is sooooo long, any more interviews or is it all finished? They will be my last on friday, I wana go there sooo baddddd :frown:

also kingston just rejected me, saying portfolio not up to standard along with it... sooooo stuck up, like why look at it then invite me to interview then ?!!??! :s-smilie:
Reply 1536
Original post by Princeling
Wow congratulations!!! So jealous of your Chelsea offer as it's my first choice and I don't even have my interview until April 16th, which is ages away. :frown:

Thank you:smile: 14th april is crazy far away.... I'd be ripping my hair out if my first choice interview was soooo late in the day!
Reply 1537
Original post by Farout
Thanks, well it's in the top three:tongue: Still waiting on a few others! How about you?

Im just waiting for CSM now, but I think I'll be going for Camberwell - it just makes me feel so happy thinking about it!

CSM would be my second choice, Chelsea comes in third..... I think Im set, but I want to see how I feel if CSM accept me then Ill trust my gut instinct!!
Original post by Soares
Well done, 2 weeks is sooooo long, any more interviews or is it all finished? They will be my last on friday, I wana go there sooo baddddd :frown:

also kingston just rejected me, saying portfolio not up to standard along with it... sooooo stuck up, like why look at it then invite me to interview then ?!!??! :s-smilie:

Finished now, but without one single offer yet after four interviews, not as relieving as it could be! Are you applying Fine art or Fine Art & Art History? Best of luck either way! Sorry about Kingston but at least they've got a move on. But wow Kingston sounds a bit like it's having issues lately, like the PMS sufferer of art schools! Did they say that in a direct Kingston rejection email or via Ucas? Hope you get somewhere else and also hope you're feeling okay now after your op!
Reply 1539
hey does anybody know what 'going into pool' mean on the application to Wimbledon for fine art painting? they said i was unsuccessful, but then on an email they wrote that... it was my first choice so i really need to know.

thanks
mary

Quick Reply

Latest