The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
Original post by kaylafrances
soares keep ya chin up it'll work itself out in the end

today was probably one of the best days of my life
lool cheesy but true

:eek: Exciting do tell!!! interview go well i guess?! could be anything actually

And yh il be fineeeeee
(edited 12 years ago)
i'm all done! finally! i feel like i've been waiting to be free of these interviews for forever :rolleyes:

had an interesting CFAP interview yesterday which i think went quite well AAAANNNDDDDD (dun dun daaaahhh) - i had my interview for fine art/history of art at Goldsmiths this morning and they offered me place right there!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

it started off as the proper, scary good-cop/bad-cop interrogation that i was expecting and then they just looked at each other and smiled and nodded and said they'd love to have me on the course if i'd have them(!) and i just sat there like a lemon :redface: and i've been wandering around like a lemon all day, i think it's shock. perhaps why i'm still awake now even though i got up at 5.30 to catch the train!

such good luck everyone who still in limbo!! it can't go on forever as much as it may feel like it sometimes :tongue:
Reply 1562
Fin, done, dusted, never again!!!

all interviews are over, all offers are in... just got to click my acceptance and Im going to maybe have a days relaxing before throwing myself at my FMP.....

Goldsmiths - rejection b4 interview stage
CSM (XD) - conditional on passing foundation
Camberwell (sculpture) - conditional on passing foundation
Chelsea - conditional on passing foundation

Im going to go for Camberwell, it makes me smile just thinking about it :smile: :smile:

Good luck everyone whose in the final stages, I really hope everyone finds somewhere that makes you happy, screw the rejections - they just werent meant to be!!! :beer:
Hello, nice to see how many people on here are getting interviews and offers, well done to everyone and good luck to the ones who are still waiting! :smile:

I am having a complete meltdown, feel like I don't want to go to uni anymore, probabaly because I did not get into my first choice and I'm now stuck between 3 offers ( which are Cardiff UWIC, De Montfort and Wimbledon) and for the life of me cannot make a decision. Wimbledon offers some amazing prospects...exhibiting your art, work placements and etc so despite the fact I didn't enjoy it much when I looked around I think it wouldn't be wise to turn it down in terms of the role it can play in my future. The problem being I didn't realise how far away the halls of residence are...it's ridiculous and it's really expensive :frown: Since Wimbledon is part of UAL and i'm sorry, I know this sounds desperate, but does anyone know if there's any way I could ask to be considered for one of the other colleges, as in transfer my offer to Camberwell or Chelsea?

Any input is very much welcome. Maybe this will pass, feel so stressed out.
Reply 1564
anyone heard back from slade school yet(fine art)?
My interview was 9th, I don't know why it takes too long.....
I don't think it's good meaning.....
Reply 1565
Original post by KED
I dont know exactly, but I applied for BA Painting at camberwell but the ended up offering me Sculpture - - - I think If they like someone but they dont make it on the course of their choice, they put them out to the otehr courses/colleges - dont know how exactly they do that but you may well be offered another course either on a different pathway (Painting is oversubscribed everywhere) or in another CCW college...... fingers crossed 4 u

ahh thankyou! I guess that makes sense. I really want the painting one at Wimbledon. (this may sound awful) but i'm hoping that somebody drops out or something, my living arrangements are temporary and i really need to get to uni this year :frown: thankyouu! and thanks for the info, much appreaciated :biggrin:
Reply 1566
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
If they don't think you're suitable for one particular course but like your work they can sometimes offer you a place, or put you forward for a place, at another course in CCW. I'd guess that's what the pool thing means.
Who knows, you might get an offer from Chelsea now! :biggrin:

it'd be brilliant to go to ULA, but I am so hoping for Wimbledon! thankyou for the advice ham_sandwich!! :smile:
Reply 1567
Original post by joverbena
absolutely no idea what that means i'm afraid, i would only guess that they are still keeping your details for incase everybody turns their Wimbledon offer down or something?! Or it's a cruel way of trying to keep your hopes up and not turning you down too outright because they're trying to be 'kind'. It was my first choice too but having not heard for so long i feel like they obviously don't want me! I've got a weird feeling i'm going to hear from them about a rejection soon, Good luck to you though!

i know exactly what you mean. my friend had his interview ages ago, i got the email saying i hadnt met the entry requirements but it's because i dont have a foundation. are you doing a foundation course?
i'm hoping that either they think my ucas application was brilliant and they love me and will take me, or that they offer me a place on the fine art painting foundation course :smile: maybe somebody will drop out... it's harsh but i really want wimbledon! :')
i hope they get back to you soon! and thanks for the help! :smile:
Original post by CuriousGeorgie
i'm all done! finally! i feel like i've been waiting to be free of these interviews for forever :rolleyes:

had an interesting CFAP interview yesterday which i think went quite well AAAANNNDDDDD (dun dun daaaahhh) - i had my interview for fine art/history of art at Goldsmiths this morning and they offered me place right there!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

it started off as the proper, scary good-cop/bad-cop interrogation that i was expecting and then they just looked at each other and smiled and nodded and said they'd love to have me on the course if i'd have them(!) and i just sat there like a lemon :redface: and i've been wandering around like a lemon all day, i think it's shock. perhaps why i'm still awake now even though i got up at 5.30 to catch the train!

such good luck everyone who still in limbo!! it can't go on forever as much as it may feel like it sometimes :tongue:

Nice one! Are you going to accept it? We'll be classmates :biggrin:
Original post by kindkydinky
Hello, nice to see how many people on here are getting interviews and offers, well done to everyone and good luck to the ones who are still waiting! :smile:

I am having a complete meltdown, feel like I don't want to go to uni anymore, probabaly because I did not get into my first choice and I'm now stuck between 3 offers ( which are Cardiff UWIC, De Montfort and Wimbledon) and for the life of me cannot make a decision. Wimbledon offers some amazing prospects...exhibiting your art, work placements and etc so despite the fact I didn't enjoy it much when I looked around I think it wouldn't be wise to turn it down in terms of the role it can play in my future. The problem being I didn't realise how far away the halls of residence are...it's ridiculous and it's really expensive :frown: Since Wimbledon is part of UAL and i'm sorry, I know this sounds desperate, but does anyone know if there's any way I could ask to be considered for one of the other colleges, as in transfer my offer to Camberwell or Chelsea?

Any input is very much welcome. Maybe this will pass, feel so stressed out.

Have you looked into finding a flatshare and avoiding the halls altogether? Or looking at separate halls, like Unite or Opal or something? There might be something closer. I get what you mean though, Wimbledon's halls seem such a rip off considering the amount of travelling you've got to do.
I just got an offer from Glasgow, the fact that i'm crying right now means i definitely have no doubts about where i'm going next year :smile: good luck to everyone still waiting to hear, and congrats to those who have.
Well i was having a forum rest today but had to get on my phone browser and tell u that Brighton have given me an Unconditional offer for Critical fine art, and im crying a bit too.... feel so funny... Well done curiousGeorg on Goldsmiths :smile: and rayray for glasgow and anyone else iv missed! KED you are so cool picking Camberwell over Csm and Chelsea!! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
Have you looked into finding a flatshare and avoiding the halls altogether? Or looking at separate halls, like Unite or Opal or something? There might be something closer. I get what you mean though, Wimbledon's halls seem such a rip off considering the amount of travelling you've got to do.

I've looked at Unite but yet again it's mainly central London and on average £250pcm EEEEK and as for Opal, the nearest hall to Wimbledon is Will Wyatt which is in fact leased by UAL and it a good half hour away by transport. Slim pickings. Wimbledon has been a part of UAL for a good few years now, I don't understand why they haven't invested in some nearby accommodation for their students. A bit worried about flat sharing, was hoping for the halls getting to know everyone experience. This is really putting me off going to Wimbledon :frown:
Original post by kindkydinky
I've looked at Unite but yet again it's mainly central London and on average £250pcm EEEEK and as for Opal, the nearest hall to Wimbledon is Will Wyatt which is in fact leased by UAL and it a good half hour away by transport. Slim pickings. Wimbledon has been a part of UAL for a good few years now, I don't understand why they haven't invested in some nearby accommodation for their students. A bit worried about flat sharing, was hoping for the halls getting to know everyone experience. This is really putting me off going to Wimbledon :frown:

Seems like they're sort of left out of everything doesn't it? I don't think a flatshare would really stop you getting to know people at all. It's a pretty small college and everyone seems really friendly, you'd probably just not know quite as many people at Camberwell or Chelsea. :smile:
Well i was having a forum rest today but had to get on my phone browser and tell u that Brighton have given me an Unconditional offer for Critical fine art, and im crying a bit too.... feel so funny... Well done curiousGeorg on Goldsmiths :smile: and rayray for glasgow and anyone else iv missed! KED you are so cool picking Camberwell over Csm and Chelsea!! :smile:

Well done Jo! Think you'll go there?
um my offer from glasgow was unconditional, but i havent done a foundation and am in the second year of a levels, i cant choose an insurance if i have an unconditional offer and was wondering if anyone experienced this before, thinking about it, it might be an admin error and itll change to conditional later, but i just want to confirm my choices and dnt want to risk declining my insurance and accepting the unconditional if it turns out to in fact be conditional, but if it is actually unconditional then that's pretty awesome. does this even make sense??? advice???
Reply 1576

Thats such brilliant news :clap2: If I could leave London Id love to go to Brighton and the critical Fine Art course looks brilliant - huge congrats!

LOL - I think my heart was always with Camberwell and Im a big believer in trusting your gut instinct and listening to your heart over what other people think or 'reputation' - I think you can tell when a place feels right, someone on my course is rejecting Wimbledon for Middlesex and couldnt be happier! :smile:
Reply 1577
Original post by rayray12310
um my offer from glasgow was unconditional, but i havent done a foundation and am in the second year of a levels, i cant choose an insurance if i have an unconditional offer and was wondering if anyone experienced this before, thinking about it, it might be an admin error and itll change to conditional later, but i just want to confirm my choices and dnt want to risk declining my insurance and accepting the unconditional if it turns out to in fact be conditional, but if it is actually unconditional then that's pretty awesome. does this even make sense??? advice???

lol, what a nice dilemma to be in! Call Glasgow and double check the offer is unconditional - if it is - that is just so brilliant! If not, like you say, they'll correct it and you can put down a back up. Congrats :biggrin:
Original post by rayray12310
I just got an offer from Glasgow, the fact that i'm crying right now means i definitely have no doubts about where i'm going next year :smile: good luck to everyone still waiting to hear, and congrats to those who have.

eeek! well done!!! what course is it for? and what year? i had my interview last week for painting 2nd year entry.. but they said we wont hear till april since it was the first couple of interviews? apparently there are only around 12 places for 2nd year entry! eek. well done again!
Original post by sarinda.devine
eeek! well done!!! what course is it for? and what year? i had my interview last week for painting 2nd year entry.. but they said we wont hear till april since it was the first couple of interviews? apparently there are only around 12 places for 2nd year entry! eek. well done again!

it's for first year fine art photography, oh wow just 12, photography was 20 and i thought that was a tiny amount. april seems about right bc at my interview they mentioned that painting had loads to go through, were behind and hadnt even started interviews at that point, how did you find it and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest