Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got back, **** it was great, i dont think ive been able to speak so honestly about my work as they aloud me to today, had a mad rush to get there

afew 'what ifs' though.... like should i have spoken about that or that one shown them this instead of that oh ****... its all in eporfolio, what they didnt see, if they ever go back to that.... gotta wait through this easter break now, all interviews finished feeling sane again

Good luck to everyone and well done to everyone whos got places

(Original post by joverbena)
    Absolute massive good luck to you! Be thinking of you, know you can do it! be brave and remember you are an artist already
    Thanks again for the advice the other day really brought me back up well done on getting into brighton too!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soares)
    Just got back, **** it was great, i dont think ive been able to speak so honestly about my work as they aloud me to today, had a mad rush to get there

afew 'what ifs' though.... like should i have spoken about that or that one shown them this instead of that oh ****... its all in eporfolio, what they didnt see, if they ever go back to that.... gotta wait through this easter break now, all interviews finished feeling sane again

Good luck to everyone and well done to everyone whos got places

Thanks again for the advice the other day really brought me back up well done on getting into brighton too!
    Aah so happy that it went well for you and you enjoyed it, hope you get in ! You're welcome, & thanks!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mind is full of 'what if' at the moment....... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KED)
    lol, what a nice dilemma to be in! Call Glasgow and double check the offer is unconditional - if it is - that is just so brilliant! If not, like you say, they'll correct it and you can put down a back up. Congrats
    thanks for the advice, i rang up which was awful as i'm really awkward and get flustered on the phone with strangers, but yep it is unconditional which is good bc im going to fail my french oral tomorrow.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayray12310)
    thanks for the advice, i rang up which was awful as i'm really awkward and get flustered on the phone with strangers, but yep it is unconditional which is good bc im going to fail my french oral tomorrow.
    OMG thats fantastic, lol... I was praying for some unconditionals..... twas not to be, though tbh UAL only ask that I pass my current course so it almost feels like an unconditional
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Goldsmiths from the joint honours interviews? Getting really anxious now, especially as I've cancelled 2 interviews. :erm:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham_Sandwich)
    Has anyone heard back from Goldsmiths from the joint honours interviews? Getting really anxious now, especially as I've cancelled 2 interviews. :erm:
    what doo you mean? did you get a verbal offer?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylafrances)
    Yeah a week ago, but nothing's come through on Track and now I'm kind of panicking that they'll change their minds
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah a week ago, but nothing's come through on Track and now I'm kind of panicking that they'll change their minds
    They cant change their minds after telling you you're in ( and telling you to cancel your other interviews?!) that would be unprofessional, so dont worry.. UCAs system does take ages. It is over a month since my wimbledon interview!! Youll hear in a week or two i bet , i was told two to three weeks last week. (ps it's Jo but changed username).
    Soares same i think if i took more sketchbook work i'd have more chance for goldsmiths. Can't turn back time though i didnt know i wanted to go there so much until interview whoops.
    If anybody like me still waiting on chelsea results for fine art they emailed me that they are updating ucas by 30th march at latest.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glitter_ever)
    They cant change their minds after telling you you're in ( and telling you to cancel your other interviews?!) that would be unprofessional, so dont worry.. UCAs system does take ages. It is over a month since my wimbledon interview!! Youll hear in a week or two i bet , i was told two to three weeks last week. (ps it's Jo but changed username).
    Soares same i think if i took more sketchbook work i'd have more chance for goldsmiths. Can't turn back time though i didnt know i wanted to go there so much until interview whoops.
    If anybody like me still waiting on chelsea results for fine art they emailed me that they are updating ucas by 30th march at latest.
    I hope so! I never asked when it would come through so it's reassuring to know that someone was given some sort of date

PS: Have you phoned Wimbledon up or anything? Over a month seems so stupid!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope so! I never asked when it would come through so it's reassuring to know that someone was given some sort of date

PS: Have you phoned Wimbledon up or anything? Over a month seems so stupid!
    i asked and they said a few weeks seriously don't worry you'll be fineeee
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

Were not gunna receive anything during this 2 week easter break, and they did 400 interviews for just fine art apparently fighting for 1 of 60 places
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soares)
    Were not gunna receive anything during this 2 week easter break, and they did 400 interviews for just fine art apparently fighting for 1 of 60 places
    400 interviews seems like a lot, are you sure that's not the number of applicants? I just want to click accept already! :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was 150,

just got accepted by falmouth as well
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWirz)
    i thought it was 150,

just got accepted by falmouth as well
    Lol yh, girl at the front desk actually told me 400....

although just thought of this now, she may have just added up the joint (bafaha) and single(baFa) honors altogether as weve been doing them all at the same time, and she might have just had a name register

actuallyyyy that does make sense, but cant be sure, it'd be risky to chose just 150 people out of 1050 applicants

Well done with falmouth!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guys this is the best of day of my life..I just got an offer from the Slade!!! I actually can't believe it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And well done Jwirz! Where you going to go?:]
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    congratulations!!
    u go girl!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Offer from goldsmiths came through!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAYAYAYYYYYY
    and the conditions of only a pass ahhhh so happpyyyy
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Offer from goldsmiths came through!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAYAYAYYYYYY
    and the conditions of only a pass ahhhh so happpyyyy
    Well done!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 22, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.