The Student Room Group

What is your pet's name?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nut.
Same :frown:

Although when I phone home my parents put the phone near his cage and he talks to it (we've taught him to say "Good boy", "what are you doing?", "my name is Ozzy", "hello" and "I am a good boy".
:biggrin:

I still sometimes find myself walking into my uni kitchen and almost talking as though he's in the room :colondollar:

When I phone my mother or sister they call Marmaduke over and over he flies, climbs on the phone and talks to me down it. So sweet :h:
Buster... he's a horse. I didn't choose it but it kinda fits him now...
I have a black cocker spanielXlabrador named Merlot :smile:
His Mum was a farm dog who was allowed to roam about and one day she went missing, and the owners were very distraut and after about 3 days they had assumed the worst, but their other dog directed them to the lost one who was in a ditch with four little puppies :smile: so a nice happy ending
Guinea pig was called Bulle. But he is gone now. RIP
Reply 404
Our cat is called Sully, although my Mum, brother and I spent a good week or two arguing over what we would call him, in the end Sully was the only one we mutually liked!

That said, he has a fair few names!
Sully
Sullivan
Kitty
Moushka
Poushka
Babushka

Poor cat mustn't have a clue what his actual name is! XD
Reply 405
Loads of pets, loads of names:

Sheep:
Florence
Machine
Guy
'Granny'

Cats:
Ebb
Flo(w)
Isla
PJ

Horses:
Polly
Cleo
Splash

Though the only one I named was PJ...
(edited 12 years ago)
I had a Chinchilla called Sweetpea, but she died :frown: If I ever get a cat I'm calling him Gallagher :biggrin:
Reply 407
I have a dog called Lucious and a german dog called Rudiger.

this reminds me of a joke: :')

A lady had three dogs called Leg, Bum and Scrachit. She was taking them for a walk when all of a sudden Bum and Scrachit go missing (oh no). So, the lady turns up to the police station and asks the nice policeman-

"Could you hold my Leg while I find my Bum and Scrachit"
:colone: :yucky:
Reply 408
I have 6 dogs a cat and various other animals such as monkeys and raccoons as my dad owns a mini zoo.

My dogs are called Mishka (which means mouse) Bull (we didn't name him) Mersey (my dad's from liverpool) Troy (my dad loves the film) Scamp (because he's playful) and missy (because she was nothing but trouble from day one, I had to hand rear her so I'm basically her mom!)

I have a monkey living in my front room at the moment called Mojo after mojo jojo from the power puff girls ( She was abused and had two broken legs and a shattered hip when we first had her and whilst living in our front room isnt ideal she will be put with a male in an outsoor enclosure once she is fully recovered)

I also have a cat that is called cat as we couldnt think of a name for her when she was dumped, she's actually more like a dog and comes to her name and goes to bed when told!

My most recent pet is a foxcub that I reared from 4 days old, he is called Dalglish after the liverpool manager :smile:

I have many more pets but the list is too long to name them all!
Really? That's well good. Any particular reason? Russell Brand called his cat Morrissey because, well, he likes Morrissey. So mine's Gallagher because of Noel Gallagher.:smile:
Reply 410
My mum thought it would be funny to name our cavalier king charles spaniel Tytylino ... I **** you not. Horrendous.
(edited 12 years ago)
I have a turtle, which I fondly refer to him as the 'damn fat turtle' coz he just like to eat :smile: But his real name is Amigo, which is friend in Spanish. My mum came up with that when we ran out of ideas of naming him.
My family used to keep Gerbils, we kept ~80 over the years...we called them by a Harry Potter theme with minor exceptions. We had Minerva, Ron, Molly, Lily, Draco, James, Myrtle, Sirius, Neville, Sybil and Albus to name but a few :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
The dogs are called Benji and Jacko. Benji is also known as Ben, Benny and Benjamin, when he's being naughty. Jacko is also known as Jack.
Our 'pets' don't have names.

It's just 'fish' and 'frog' in the garden.
My family has 6 cats and a dog.

My cats' names are:

Mo (8 years old) - He was named this by the owner of his mother as he was the 3rd cat in a 3 cat litter. The other two were called Meeny and Miney, but their owners changed their names.

Harry, Jess and Lilly (5 years old) - No real story behind these ones other than they're all siblings.

Chloe and Snowy (~1 year old) - These two are also siblings.

My dog's name is Bella. The name given to her at birth was Corjon Jezzabell, but we all opted to shorten it to Bella. :tongue:
My cats called mr mischief but I just call him puss :smile:
I have 2 Dogs 1 Labrador - ( Foster ) and Boxer ( Bruno )
I have a dog, named Kimi, I named her after the Rugrat. If you don't know what a Rugrat is...go sit in a ditch. :nothing:
Reply 419
We recently took in a stray cat on the condition that i took primary care of it, unfortunately for the cat this also meant i got naming privileges and our families newest member is called Captain Goatbanger, or Cap for short.

Quick Reply

Latest