Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Samsung Galaxy S2 Battery problems!

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just got the phone and I'm already stressing! First time I turned it on, it turned off automatically after about 2 mins since there was low battery. I charged it, and it vibrated, saying that it was 100%. But every time I keep on turning it on, it says the battery is low and then it turns off again! I'm so confused!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    take it back
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Might be a lemon. Bring it back to the shop
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Definitely a faulty one. You have 28 days from purchase date to exchange it for a brand new one. Don't delay or you will have to use the Samsung warranty, and they will send you a refurb or repair it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Phew everything is fine! I just had to take it out and put it back in, I was getting a bit worried though. Thanks for the advice everyone
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DownWorlder)
    I just got the phone and I'm already stressing! First time I turned it on, it turned off automatically after about 2 mins since there was low battery. I charged it, and it vibrated, saying that it was 100%. But every time I keep on turning it on, it says the battery is low and then it turns off again! I'm so confused!
    I had this exact same problem man. Purchased this Samsung Galaxy S2 the day it came out. Battery was awful!! I would have 100% in the morning and have 15% by 1pm. I updated the firmware and so on, but didn't seem to improve it.

So I called O2 today and they are sending a replacement tomorrow. Peaaace!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopWarrior)
    I had this exact same problem man. Purchased this Samsung Galaxy S2 the day it came out. Battery was awful!! I would have 100% in the morning and have 15% by 1pm. I updated the firmware and so on, but didn't seem to improve it.

So I called O2 today and they are sending a replacement tomorrow. Peaaace!
    Has the replacement made any difference? As mine is the same, but I think that is just the phone, if you play with it a lot, the battery drains badly!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to run a few battery cycles to get the best battery life, having said this if you use your phone non-stop the battery will only last around 6 hours. The display uses the most battery but there does seem to be a problem with the 'Android OS' as a source of battery drain. I don't think a fix has been found yet but you can check XDA to see...

I get a days battery out of it with heavy use and have around 30% left over usually.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nirok)
    Has the replacement made any difference? As mine is the same, but I think that is just the phone, if you play with it a lot, the battery drains badly!
    The first few days I had the replacement the battery life was amazing. In fact I did some comparison tests whilst I still had the old handset.

I charged them both to 100% and left them overnight on flight mode. When I woke after like 8 hours, the older handset had 67% and the replacement had a 100%.

Saying that recently battery life has gone back to what I originally had. If I play PES 2011 for like 10 minutes, my phone will heat up and I will lose about 5%.

I was told it may be the fact that I was using LauncherPro instead of Touch Wiz 4.0, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. I am assuming it is just the phone but it confuses me when people are saying they are getting upto 15 hours...

Sorry for the long winded comment but yeah lol, I recommend you getting JuicePlotter app, it estimates how much time you have left on your battery and it graphs out the usage of your battery.
    If you use it and we can compare results which should be good. At the end of the day this handset is expensive, and my mind would be at ease if I knew that all the S2s were like this.

Peeeacee!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have found battery life to be much better now I'm on the KF1 firmware update.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2011
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.