The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
dogtanian
Well, my mum's council tax goes to the GLA. Thus I'm allowed to be a Londoner, in my book :smile:

And if anyone says that I live in Surrey, I s
point out that yes, I do. But then so do most South Londoners, what with Surrey going up as far as the River and all.

London just keeps on getting larger.

There was a time when areas such as Hammersmith and Brixton were separate villages.

Now even Surrey is part of London.
Yeah, and that wasn't too long ago, really.

Wonder how far it'll go...

France?
Reply 22
susiemakemeblue
Someone just asked me where I was from.

Me: Do you know where Hampshire is?

Them: Yeah, that's somewhere up north, isn't it?

(pause)

Me: Only if you live in France...

:rofl:

Classic Jade Goody quote!!

--------------

Socrates
London just keeps on getting larger.

There was a time when areas such as Hammersmith and Brixton were separate villages.

Now even Surrey is part of London.

I regard London as everything within the M25...

Except Watford and Dartford
I used to think Canterbury was where Ipswich is.I don't know why.
Steph!
Right at the bottom! :biggrin:

Yes, the Isle of Wight is technically part of Hampshire. :smile:
Pfft, I spoke to someone from London before who thought Yorkshire was south of London, now THAT is bad geography...
^Yes,but a Londoner's knowledge of UK geography rarely extends outside of the M25 and practically never north of the Watford Gap.

It's amazing how they can know every bus/tube line and every borough etc.of London but ask them where Bristol is,for example,and you'll be greeted with a blank face in most cases!
Reply 27
cherrychocolate
^Yes,but a Londoner's knowledge of UK geography rarely extends outside of the M25 and practically never north of the Watford Gap.

It's amazing how they can know every bus/tube line and every borough etc.of London but ask them where Bristol is,for example,and you'll be greeted with a blank face in most cases!

they get nose bleeds north of the Watford Gap which if I recall is south of Norwich :wink:
my friend once asked me if Chelsea was a country in Russia :|
These people are unbelievable! Give me a blank map and I could probably accurately locate every county in the UK, so I wish people would stop slagging me off about my geography!
Reply 30
susiemakemeblue
... Give me a blank map and I could probably accurately locate every county in the UK,....

isn't a blank map just a piece of paper? :p:
reggie_boy
isn't a blank map just a piece of paper? :p:

No... :confused:

A blank map is a map with no words on it...
Reply 32
susiemakemeblue
No... :confused:

A blank map is a map with no words on it...

Oh, im sorry
Reply 33
Fluent in Lies
Mmmm 11th google image result for hampshire: 'dogging-in-hampshire'
it's terrible! coincidence in fact; i was google imaging heartfordshire just a few minutes ago and came across the very same thing. quite upsetting to find out that there's a dogging site where i used to park my car for school every day.
Reply 34
beanie
:rolleyes: The same friend also tried to convince me Prauge was in Holland.... in a Geography lesson.

:toofunny:
Reply 35
my design teacher was saying something along the lines of, "now what other country often has similar elements in their artwork?" and the rest of my class goes, "Africa!" and my teacher agrees! At which point I said really rudely and loudly, "Africa is a continent!" thank god only a few people heard me and she didn't.
Reply 36
A teacher of mine once said that Colombia was in Africa - and I was the only person in the class who got she was wrong.
Reply 37
susiemakemeblue
These people are unbelievable! Give me a blank map and I could probably accurately locate every county in the UK, so I wish people would stop slagging me off about my geography!

Eugh we did that in a geography lesson once, along with naming all the countries in Europe... :redface:

thank the lord for maps else id be lost all the time :rolleyes: :redface:
Reply 38
cherrychocolate

My geography is decent even though I dropped it in Year 9 but considering how complex London is, I think its quite an achievement to know your way around London.
cherrychocolate

Bit stereotypical I feel....I live just north of London (St Albans), and I consider myself to have a good sense of where everything is :smile:

Latest