The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Stirlo

Original post by Stirlo
Tbf aquilani's made it quite clear he doesn't want to be at liverpool, or at least it seems that way, so we should just get rid of him and look for somebody else who does want to play for us.

Tbh I would prefer anyone to Joe Cole. He is probably the most unfit Premier League footballer I have ever seen. Even worse than good ol' Andy 'Chunky' Reid.

Also, Phil Jones is the centre half for Blackburn who can play as a defensive midfielder. He completely dominated Drogba on either his full debut or one of his very first games.
Reply 21
Original post by kuks
Other rumoured targets:
Juan Mata
Phil Jones
Gary Cahill
Blaise Matuidi
Ashley Young

:biggrin:

Juan Mata would be :sogood:

We need another CM as well, I'd like to add Nuri Sahin to the list and Keisuke Honda. :holmes:
Reply 22
Original post by Stirlo
Who is Phil Jones btw, i saw this the other day thought who the **** is that? Am I being stupid or is he an unknown entity

He's a 19 year old CB at Blackburn. Brilliant player.

Original post by Mess.
Phil Jones and Juan Mata would definitely be enjoyable puchases :coma:

I know! Apparently we're front runners for him after Gary Cahill demanded 120k a week in wages...Cahill is off to city most probably
As for Mata, Guillem Balauge said we're interested and he's normally spot on on Spanish transfers :smile:
Imagine our midfield and forward line up:
------Lucas
Gerrard-Meireles-Mata
-----Suarez-Carroll

:sexface:
Reply 23
Original post by hash007

We need another CM as well, I'd like to add Nuri Sahin to the list and Keisuke Honda. :holmes:

Sahin is off to Madrid. We're looking at Matuidi who's decent. Honda would be brilliant though.
Reply 24
Ahh right, cheers guys know who you're on about now. Indeed he does look a good player, wouldn't say not signing him
OK brief summary of players to leave this summer:

Insua(though I personally would keep him) Cole, Poulsen, Jovanovich, Koncheskey, Aquilani (again, I would keep him) El Zhar, Eccleston, Degen. Excluding Aqua, total sales value of around £12-14m. With maybe £14m for Aqua alone. So potentially £28m to spend, plus £25m which was about to be spent in January gives us almost £50m guaranteed to be spent this summer.

Personally I would spend it like this:

LB £10m - Clichey/Enrique/Baines Either or
LW £18m - Young/Other quality player
LW/RW £7m Jarvis
CB £12m - Phil Jones

Spent £47m.
Original post by hash007

Signed for Real Madrid the other day.
Reply 27
Original post by hash007

Sahin's already signed a contract at Real madrid unfortunately. Agreed on Honda though
Reply 28
Why is Mess making the new thread? Greddy bassa.

Original post by Xplolode
I just can't get enough....

Celtic's song :colonhash:
Reply 29
Original post by lazy smurf
OK brief summary of players to leave this summer:

Insua(though I personally would keep him) Cole, Poulsen, Jovanovich, Koncheskey, Aquilani (again, I would keep him) El Zhar, Eccleston, Degen. Excluding Aqua, total sales value of around £12-14m. With maybe £14m for Aqua alone. So potentially £28m to spend, plus £25m which was about to be spent in January gives us almost £50m guaranteed to be spent this summer.

I think we'll have more to spend than 50m if it's needed
Reply 30
Original post by R-KAM
Why is Mess making the new thread? Greddy bassa.

Celtic's song :colonhash:

The other reached 10k posts, will be locked soon.
Reply 31
Original post by kuks
Sahin is off to Madrid. We're looking at Matuidi who's decent. Honda would be brilliant though.

How many central attacking central mids do they need?! He's just going to rot on the bench there. They've already got Ozil, Kaka, Gago, Alonso, Diarra, Khedira!!
Reply 32
Original post by hash007
How many central attacking central mids do they need?! He's just going to rot on the bench there. They've already got Ozil, Kaka, Gago, Alonso, Diarra, Khedira!!

And Aguero now :p:
Reply 33
Original post by mr tim
The other reached 10k posts, will be locked soon.

I meant as he made the last one, and shoulda let someone else have the pleasure :top:
Reply 34
Original post by lazy smurf
Signed for Real Madrid the other day.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11881_6911235,00.html

If the quoted price is right £5.3 mil thats an absolute steal! How much did they pay for Ozil as well, was it something like £8 mil?

And people say Adam is worth £10 million :hmmmm2:
Reply 35
Original post by hash007

I expect Lass, kaka and possibly Gago will be leaving in the summer. kaka to chelsea or city
Reply 36
Original post by R-KAM
I meant as he made the last one, and shoulda let someone else have the pleasure :top:

Or he made the last one and so should also be making this one :p:
Reply 37
Aguero's just signed for Real according to reports coming out of Spain. Also similar reports about Coentrao coming from Portugal.
Reply 38
Original post by hash007

Sahin is more of a deep lying playmaker in the 'Alonso' role who he will be a direct bench replacement for :mmm:

Original post by R-KAM

I tried to but was then asked to make one :woohoo:
Reply 39
If we had one more Luis Suarez then we'd win the league.

Latest