The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
I guess we have to wait and see - remember Fernando Torres when he put on LFC scarf and 6 months later, he left? we were also afraid that he still could leave last summer, but he decided not to.
Original post by ChrisWilliams
Ahhhhhh I see there's a bellend in here who believes football started in 1992...'since the start of the league' you can tell he's 16.

Also, Dirk Kuyt is not average. There's a reason why 3 straight managers for us have picked him consistently, and there's a reason why he's a regular starter for his national team as well over players many would consider to be better than him. He ain't world class, but he's a very good and important player. Average, he ain't. If you don't care how many goals he scores for us then you're a blert, cos that's his job remember?!

OK you got me there.
I regret saying that, i was wrong about kuyt, it is easy to single him out due to his age and where he plays in the team and the fact that he is not like suarez or other flashy wingers. i was in a ranty mood when i said that. In truth he is a workhorse and runs tirelessly always no matter who we are playing and he puts in consistent performances. his hatrick against man united was well deserved, but it was an easy hattrick. but credit to him for being in the right place.

also when he took that last minute penalty against arsenal this season it showed that Kuyt also has balls of steel. cucumbers wish that they were as cool as him. i dont think anyone else could have stepped up to take that penalty.

So im sorry for calling him average because he is not. but i feel that we need another winger like suarez and maybe use kuyt and maxi as super subs when needed.
(edited 12 years ago)
how do we fare agains the rest of the league?

Can any detractor of ours say honestly with a straight face that any ex-Liverpool player has upon leaving the club, gone onto greener pastures and played for superior footballing outfits? Now before you open your yapper, I know what you're going to say. You'll say Javier Mascherano, you'll say Steve McManaman, Michael Owen. You'll say Xabi Alonso, Ian Rush and Alvaro Arbeloa. You'll probably say Fernando Torres, Yossi Benayoun and Jerzy Dudek. Hell, you might even say our Steve wanted to go to Chelsea. The point I'm making is, if you ignore all those players you've listed, who quite frankly don't count for this exercise, then who can you say has upon leaving us has played for better sides? What's that, I can't hear anything, son? That settles it then. Nobody. Playing for Liverpool is the pinnacle of any mans career. Liverpool 1-0 Haters.

What's more remarkable is how the players yearn for this club, even after their transfer on. And my heart bleeds for them, it truly does. While they're laying on the sunny beaches in sunny Spain, rolling around in £150k of dough or whether they're playing against Europes finest in a Champions League final, they will always take time out of their busy schedule to say a few kind words about our terrific club. Words of how they dream of hearing "Liverpool, Liverpool. Liverpool, Liverpool. Liverpool, Liverpool. Liverpool, Liverpool." sweep around the cauldron of noise that is a half-full Anfield on a European night against a mighty Romanian outfit. Oh how they would love to return and get a piece of that action.

But they can't. What's in the past, stays there. There is no use in being overwhelmed by past glories, and living off memories of days gone by. Our ex-players, they need to be like us. They need to be strong and they need to move on. It isn't healthy. There is a saying at this club, I forget what it is, but I think it is something along the lines of "No man is bigger than Rafa." You see, even though the pro-ManU media might of painted the whole affair as disharmony at the club and a case of players falling out with the management, it wasn't like that at all. Royal Rafa, despite contrary popular opinion, was actually a very good man motivator. He spoke English, Spanish and more importantly the language of football. When he would say "Eeeh, Xabi.. Barree, vary good player, no?", Alonso knew that a superior footballing specimen was about to be brought in and it was about time he packed his bags. When our Rafa would speak to Mr. Ferguson about these "fahkts", Mr. Ferguson would know his ass had been royally handed to him. When Rafa spoke, everybody paid attention.

Rafa was a tactical genius, way ahead of his time. When Inter Milan won the Treble, they knew that there was only one man to take them to the next level. Step forward, Rafa Benitez. The task was formidable, he had to take a team of winners and win a trophy Mourinho felt un-attainable. The FIFA Club World Cup. Rafa beat the formidable and reknowned TP Mazembe in the final and Inter were crowned champions. But such success was not enough for those fickle Italians and they sacked our Rafa unjustly. Alas, such is modern day football. You can pour your heart and soul into a side, you can face derision for playing a holding midfield of Mascherano/Lucas against the likes of Stoke, but you can never satisfy the insatiable. The boardroom.

Over the past few years we've come to realise that we can't "beat" ManU at their own game, we are unable to win trophies and challenge them. We live our lives through the expressed support of other teams who can challenge them -- the likes of Barcelona. Which is why I'm proud to announce, friends, I'm thinking about mailing Mr. Henry and running by him the idea of making Liverpool FC -THE- Official Barcelona supporters group. Why spend £17m on Aquailani, or £35m on Carroll, when we can funnel our transfer funds to them directly? Seeing as all our best players are heading to Spain, why not make it official that we're Barca/Real's feeder club and send our Kelly on a season long loan? It's a win-win situation. We can laugh at the Mancs when they lose to the best side of all time, and we get to become Barca's official sponsor. Anybody else interested in this exciting proposition?

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ueqs74.jpg
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1023
Original post by ArcticRed

Can any detractor of ours say honestly with a straight face that any ex-Liverpool player has upon leaving the club, gone onto greener pastures and played for superior footballing outfits? Now before you open your yapper, I know what you're going to say. You'll say Javier Mascherano, you'll say Steve McManaman, Michael Owen. You'll say Xabi Alonso, Ian Rush and Alvaro Arbeloa. You'll probably say Fernando Torres, Yossi Benayoun and Jerzy Dudek. Hell, you might even say our Steve wanted to go to Chelsea. The point I'm making is, if you ignore all those players you've listed, who quite frankly don't count for this exercise, then who can you say has upon leaving us has played for better sides? What's that, I can't hear anything, son? That settles it then. Nobody. Playing for Liverpool is the pinnacle of any mans career. Liverpool 1-0 Haters.

What's more remarkable is how the players yearn for this club, even after their transfer on. And my heart bleeds for them, it truly does. While they're laying on the sunny beaches in sunny Spain, rolling around in £150k of dough or whether they're playing against Europes finest in a Champions League final, they will always take time out of their busy schedule to say a few kind words about our terrific club. Words of how they dream of hearing "Liverpool, Liverpool. Liverpool, Liverpool. Liverpool, Liverpool. Liverpool, Liverpool." sweep around the cauldron of noise that is a half-full Anfield on a European night against a mighty Romanian outfit. Oh how they would love to return and get a piece of that action.

But they can't. What's in the past, stays there. There is no use in being overwhelmed by past glories, and living off memories of days gone by. Our ex-players, they need to be like us. They need to be strong and they need to move on. It isn't healthy. There is a saying at this club, I forget what it is, but I think it is something along the lines of "No man is bigger than Rafa." You see, even though the pro-ManU media might of painted the whole affair as disharmony at the club and a case of players falling out with the management, it wasn't like that at all. Royal Rafa, despite contrary popular opinion, was actually a very good man motivator. He spoke English, Spanish and more importantly the language of football. When he would say "Eeeh, Xabi.. Barree, vary good player, no?", Alonso knew that a superior footballing specimen was about to be brought in and it was about time he packed his bags. When our Rafa would speak to Mr. Ferguson about these "fahkts", Mr. Ferguson would know his ass had been royally handed to him. When Rafa spoke, everybody paid attention.

Rafa was a tactical genius, way ahead of his time. When Inter Milan won the Treble, they knew that there was only one man to take them to the next level. Step forward, Rafa Benitez. The task was formidable, he had to take a team of winners and win a trophy Mourinho felt un-attainable. The FIFA Club World Cup. Rafa beat the formidable and reknowned TP Mazembe in the final and Inter were crowned champions. But such success was not enough for those fickle Italians and they sacked our Rafa unjustly. Alas, such is modern day football. You can pour your heart and soul into a side, you can face derision for playing a holding midfield of Mascherano/Lucas against the likes of Stoke, but you can never satisfy the insatiable. The boardroom.

But friends, I end this entry on a happier note. Over the past few years we've come to realise that we can't "beat" ManU at their own game, we are unable to win trophies and challenge them. We live our lives through the expressed support of other teams who can challenge them -- the likes of Barcelona. Which is why I'm proud to announce, friends, I'm thinking about mailing Mr. Henry and running by him the idea of making Liverpool FC -THE- Official Barcelona supporters group. Why spend £17m on Aquailani, or £35m on Carroll, when we can funnel our transfer funds to them directly? Seeing as all our best players are heading to Spain, why not make it official that we're Barca/Real's feeder club and send our Kelly on a season long loan? It's a win-win situation. We can laugh at the Mancs when they lose to the best side of all time, and we get to become Barca's official sponsor. Anybody else interested in this exciting proposition?

Is there a point to this other than wasting a minute of my time with drivel? I was actually fairly interested in reading what was to come after the first paragraph to see where it let to, but then it just descended into nothingness and turned into a slate-fest of the club you are apparently claiming to support. GTFO
(edited 12 years ago)
Just saw Sterling's goal, that was ****ing insane. We all have this image of him being some super mini dribbler, but that was just ridiculously far out. First 5 against Southend, and now that, this boy is probably the brightest prospect we've had in the last ten years...
ArcticRed's post. WTF? The first paragraph is him discounting all the major transfers out of Liverpool when asking who's gone on to better things. Most transfers out recently were major, but you're not allowed to include them, so it fits his agenda.

And then the rest is him showing a lack of ambition and encouraging others to do so, by supporting other teams who come up against Utd, rather than wanting your club to raise their game and challenge Utd once again. What a fan.

And yes, Sterling looks like a great prospect.
Reply 1026
Original post by Kevmeister
ArcticRed's post. WTF? The first paragraph is him discounting all the major transfers out of Liverpool when asking who's gone on to better things. Most transfers out recently were major, but you're not allowed to include them, so it fits his agenda.

And then the rest is him showing a lack of ambition and encouraging others to do so, by supporting other teams who come up against Utd, rather than wanting your club to raise their game and challenge Utd once again. What a fan.

Pretty sure it has sarcasm splashed all over it. Probably a copy paste job from another site, as a joke/wum.
He's new here, bless him.
Original post by Kevmeister

ArticRed's post is actually satirical haha. Though granted, in the first half, it really does look like he's serious, some of our fans are THAT deluded...
Original post by Straight up G
ArticRed's post is actually satirical haha. Though granted, in the first half, it really does look like he's serious, some of our fans are THAT deluded...

:colondollar:

Carry on about your normal business, folks.
Reply 1030
tbh anyone who cannae see good times ahead is not a liverpool fan, and yes they are over paying a little bit but you know its impossible to disagree with the king and comelli has a proven track record, so good times we have owners who are willing to splash the cash and will soon have a younger more motivated team not some idiots that arent playing more than 4 games a season taking 90k a week of us, (joe cole, jovanavic) tbh i have done more for LFC than them lot over the last year at least i bought a shirt and went to a couple of games.

In Kenny we trust, YNWA
Reply 1031

Over the past few years we've come to realise that we can't "beat" ManU at their own game, we are unable to win trophies and challenge them. We live our lives through the expressed support of other teams who can challenge them -- the likes of Barcelona. Which is why I'm proud to announce, friends, I'm thinking about mailing Mr. Henry and running by him the idea of making Liverpool FC -THE- Official Barcelona supporters group. Why spend £17m on Aquailani, or £35m on Carroll, when we can funnel our transfer funds to them directly? Seeing as all our best players are heading to Spain, why not make it official that we're Barca/Real's feeder club and send our Kelly on a season long loan? It's a win-win situation. We can laugh at the Mancs when they lose to the best side of all time, and we get to become Barca's official sponsor. Anybody else interested in this exciting proposition?

Glad you took time out of your day to write that. Now move on Manc.

What the hell is this all about?! and whats that rubbish about us being barcas feeders?
Original post by mar junior

Original post by mar junior
What the hell is this all about?! and whats that rubbish about us being barcas feeders?

Ignore him, he's a dirty manc trying to take the piss.
Original post by cocacola2
Ignore him, he's a dirty manc trying to take the piss.

I have you know i shower twice a day and apply roll on frequently....

In the modern era, the hallmark of a successful club isn't in winning domestic titles, no. It's getting into and competing in Europe's finest competition, the Europa League. Our club has been set back and hurt immensely under the stewardship of Roy Hodgson. From 7th to mid-table mediocrity, many of us wondered how we could ever find ourselves competing against the illustrious likes of FK Rabotni?ki, Trabzonspor and FC Steaua Bucure?ti again. But those days of fear and doubt are gone, King Kenny is here.

Europe yearns for us. They yearn for the "Liverpool experience" (incidentally, I think we might be able to get that trademarked and extensively covered with LeBron James advertisements, but that's another matter). They yearn to see our fabulous players don the red shirt and play infront of almost half-full crowds at Anfield, and scintillating 0-0 victories away from home. They yearn for us, fellow reds. Let us indulge in their fantasies.

Now Kenny is here, long gone are the days of negative football. We might even return to the Rafa days of playing two defensive midfielders against weaker opposition, we can hope. But I think King Kenny has brighter plans for our club. Imagine utilizing Carraghers expertise as a long ball passing specialist with our new signing Carroll? We could tear apart European defences with this new incisive, attacking football. Of course, I'm overlooking one fatal flaw in our King's plan, there.

We aren't actually in Europe. And I suspect we won't be for some time. The dilemma we face is: Europe is just too easy to get into these days. How can it be that the likes of Spurs and City can finish higher than mighty Liverpool? How dare Birmingham win a domestic cup, we won one in 2006 don't you know! A FA conspiracy, no doubt. I suspect there may be a way for us to get into Europe some otherway, and I'll read UEFA's smallprint on their website, but in the meantime I think Kenny has a brilliant plan for us to re-emerge on the scene. Fair play to him.

That's right, fair play to him and fair play to the Fair Play League qualification process. While the likes of Chelsea go throwing around £50m to stop us gaining automatic qualification into Europe, they all overlooked one fatal flaw in their bullish plan: our good natured play. Under Kenny, we can utilise the tactic of non-committed challenges and #stayingonyourfeet to rise through the Fair Play League and earn us a European place. I can't wait to see Mr. Ferguson's smug grin wiped off his face when he hears we've got into Europe and gone out in the last 16. Further more i cannot wait until Kenny leads us to glory against the likes of Unirea urinecezi, Fk rabotnicki, the champions of kasakhstan, etc etc...

Europe needs to prepare themselves for us in the meantime. And dare I say it, us to them? Now before you shout me down, I understand that £35m on Carroll and £20m on Henderson are sound investments, but what we need is European pedigree to play European opponents, and we've sorely lacked that since Mascherano, Xabi and co were kicked out and moved on by the management against their wishes (I swear, they miss us! They're always talking about us to the press, the poor blighters). Step forward European-journeyman, Mr. John O'Shea.

You might say to me, "Parky, what possibly could O'Shea offer us, mighty Liverpool?", and I say: experience. I know, I know, he might struggle to displace the likes of Kelly, he might not be able to keep out an injured Agger, but the lad has experience. He's got 5 PL titles, 2 CLs and a Fifa Club World Cup medal to boot! A recognized international who can play along the back four, in goal and as a make-shift striker, surely he's worth a punt? Rumour has it he's on the market for £12m (including some other non-names), surely Kenny can work out a deal? £11m, Lucas and a packet of peanuts, perhaps? I believe this would help immeasurably to our re-emergence on the European scene. So friends, remember whist playing in the Champions league rejects cup next season. let us be lucky for the privelige to dine with europes "Elite" clubs..

Onwards and upwards, friends. We're the fourth most successful team in Europe, let nobody take that away from us.

YNWA.

In the modern era, the hallmark of a successful club isn't in winning domestic titles, no. It's getting into and competing in Europe's finest competition, the Europa League. Our club has been set back and hurt immensely under the stewardship of Roy Hodgson. From 7th to mid-table mediocrity, many of us wondered how we could ever find ourselves competing against the illustrious likes of FK Rabotni?ki, Trabzonspor and FC Steaua Bucure?ti again. But those days of fear and doubt are gone, King Kenny is here.

Europe yearns for us. They yearn for the "Liverpool experience" (incidentally, I think we might be able to get that trademarked and extensively covered with LeBron James advertisements, but that's another matter). They yearn to see our fabulous players don the red shirt and play infront of almost half-full crowds at Anfield, and scintillating 0-0 victories away from home. They yearn for us, fellow reds. Let us indulge in their fantasies.

Now Kenny is here, long gone are the days of negative football. We might even return to the Rafa days of playing two defensive midfielders against weaker opposition, we can hope. But I think King Kenny has brighter plans for our club. Imagine utilizing Carraghers expertise as a long ball passing specialist with our new signing Carroll? We could tear apart European defences with this new incisive, attacking football. Of course, I'm overlooking one fatal flaw in our King's plan, there.

We aren't actually in Europe. And I suspect we won't be for some time. The dilemma we face is: Europe is just too easy to get into these days. How can it be that the likes of Spurs and City can finish higher than mighty Liverpool? How dare Birmingham win a domestic cup, we won one in 2006 don't you know! A FA conspiracy, no doubt. I suspect there may be a way for us to get into Europe some otherway, and I'll read UEFA's smallprint on their website, but in the meantime I think Kenny has a brilliant plan for us to re-emerge on the scene. Fair play to him.

That's right, fair play to him and fair play to the Fair Play League qualification process. While the likes of Chelsea go throwing around £50m to stop us gaining automatic qualification into Europe, they all overlooked one fatal flaw in their bullish plan: our good natured play. Under Kenny, we can utilise the tactic of non-committed challenges and #stayingonyourfeet to rise through the Fair Play League and earn us a European place. I can't wait to see Mr. Ferguson's smug grin wiped off his face when he hears we've got into Europe and gone out in the last 16. Further more i cannot wait until Kenny leads us to glory against the likes of Unirea urinecezi, Fk rabotnicki, the champions of kasakhstan, etc etc...

Europe needs to prepare themselves for us in the meantime. And dare I say it, us to them? Now before you shout me down, I understand that £35m on Carroll and £20m on Henderson are sound investments, but what we need is European pedigree to play European opponents, and we've sorely lacked that since Mascherano, Xabi and co were kicked out and moved on by the management against their wishes (I swear, they miss us! They're always talking about us to the press, the poor blighters). Step forward European-journeyman, Mr. John O'Shea.

You might say to me, "Parky, what possibly could O'Shea offer us, mighty Liverpool?", and I say: experience. I know, I know, he might struggle to displace the likes of Kelly, he might not be able to keep out an injured Agger, but the lad has experience. He's got 5 PL titles, 2 CLs and a Fifa Club World Cup medal to boot! A recognized international who can play along the back four, in goal and as a make-shift striker, surely he's worth a punt? Rumour has it he's on the market for £12m (including some other non-names), surely Kenny can work out a deal? £11m, Lucas and a packet of peanuts, perhaps? I believe this would help immeasurably to our re-emergence on the European scene. So friends, remember whist playing in the Champions league rejects cup next season. let us be lucky for the privelige to dine with europes "Elite" clubs..

Onwards and upwards, friends. We're the fourth most successful team in Europe, let nobody take that away from us.

YNWA.

Did anyone actually read all this ****?
Original post by bob dylan

Original post by bob dylan
Did anyone actually read all this ****?

lol, I was thinking the same.
Reply 1038

YNWA.

Your one boring ****.
TL; DR.

If you're going to WUM, atleast make it so I don't fall asleep half way through the post.

Latest