The Student Room Group

Circle geometry (plus mymaths hate)???

mymaths do not tell me WHY i am wrong.. so anyone enlighten me?

Q attatched and highlighted!!

thanks people
Reply 1
AC is a diameter of the circle, so the centre of the circle is the midpoint of AC. What is 9+12\dfrac{9+1}{2}? So what did you do wrong?
Reply 2
Original post by nuodai
AC is a diameter of the circle, so the centre of the circle is the midpoint of AC. What is 9+12\dfrac{9+1}{2}? So what did you do wrong?

sorry i don't see, isn't the x difference between C and B 8 and the y difference between B and A 6, so the mid point is 4 along from C and 3 up from B, so basically halfway between CB and halfway between AB squished together?
Reply 3
Original post by Bellissima
sorry i don't see, isn't the x difference between C and B 8 and the y difference between B and A 6, so the mid point is 4 along from C and 3 up from B, so basically halfway between CB and halfway between AB squished together?

That's a very convoluted way of saying the same thing, and even if you follow that, you shouldn't get (x-6)² there. The x-coordinate of C is 1, and you're going 4 along from there. What is 1+4?
Reply 4
Original post by nuodai
That's a very convoluted way of saying the same thing, and even if you follow that, you shouldn't get (x-6)² there. The x-coordinate of C is 1, and you're going 4 along from there. What is 1+4?

omg i am such an idiot!! thank you!

stupid mistakes like this are my downfall... urgh, i need a slap sometimes!!

Quick Reply

Latest