The Student Room Group

TSRs Weekly Tongue Twister Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by racaha
:giggle: much better :yep:

Y-you like Southeners better? :cry2:

Our lessons are in 2 and three hour blocks :yes:

:yep: I was thinking that, I want to try and decide where I'm going to apply to with that as early as possible because otherwise I'm so indecisive that I'll leave it til the last minute and be looking at different unis before the January exams and tell myself it's okay instead of revising because it's education related :colondollar:

:console:

Everyone in the midlands would rather be Northern than Southern.
Reply 61
Original post by futuredoc77
:mmm:

:sad: Only their accents and the way they speak :puppyeyes:

Oh that's cool... for movies; you'd get bored in a long lesson normally though, no? :dontknow:

Oh yeah, good idea. Do it over the summer. If you apply early, you might get offers early too and you won't have to worry about UCAS for the rest of the year :nah:

Any ideas what course you're going for? :ninja:

:cry: DAMMIT DOC! :cry:

I thought that when we first started but I prefer it to the hour blocks because we get breaks in between and once we leave the lesson, it only feels like I've had one because I've been in one place so the day in general goes quicker :yep:

I think I might do, so there's less to worry about :yep: Ooh do they not send them all out at once?

Erm, I was thinking law but it all depends on how I do this year so I'm worried about starting to look before I actually know what I've got :dontknow:

Original post by Potiron
:console:

Everyone in the midlands would rather be Northern than Southern.

:lovehug: Hoooooray!
Reply 62
wow, this is the best thread to get my ultimate embarrassment. :holmes:
Original post by racaha
:cry: DAMMIT DOC! :cry:

I thought that when we first started but I prefer it to the hour blocks because we get breaks in between and once we leave the lesson, it only feels like I've had one because I've been in one place so the day in general goes quicker :yep:

I think I might do, so there's less to worry about :yep: Ooh do they not send them all out at once?

Erm, I was thinking law but it all depends on how I do this year so I'm worried about starting to look before I actually know what I've got :dontknow:

I'm sorry!! :puppyeyes: But you sound adorable and have nothing to worry about :nah:

Oh yeah, that makes sense. But I think I'm used to having it for an hour only and anything more than that gets too much for my brain to absorb :mmm: and I've never had a problem with school days being slow :dontknow: but that's probably because I'm a geek who has always liked school :emo:

Oh is that how your sixth form does it? I don't know, it depends on where you study. In mine, we had the freedom of sending it off whenever we wanted. It obviously took them a while to finish the reference and all so you would send yours off to the school, and then they'd add their bits and pieces and send it to UCAS in about two weeks :yep:

Yes, that makes sense. But Law :woo: it's awesome :gah:
I hope you get the grades for it :crossedf:
Original post by JunePlum
wow, this is the best thread to get my ultimate embarrassment. :holmes:

Why are you waiting for tomorrow? Why not now? :puppyeyes:
Reply 65
I'm sorry!! :puppyeyes: But you sound adorable and have nothing to worry about :nah:

Oh yeah, that makes sense. But I think I'm used to having it for an hour only and anything more than that gets too much for my brain to absorb :mmm: and I've never had a problem with school days being slow :dontknow: but that's probably because I'm a geek who has always liked school :emo:

Oh is that how your sixth form does it? I don't know, it depends on where you study. In mine, we had the freedom of sending it off whenever we wanted. It obviously took them a while to finish the reference and all so you would send yours off to the school, and then they'd add their bits and pieces and send it to UCAS in about two weeks :yep:

Yes, that makes sense. But Law :woo: it's awesome :gah:
I hope you get the grades for it :crossedf:

:huff:

Yeah, I think it was because I really hated some of my lessons in school so I used to look forward to the ones I liked which made the ones I hated go slower :")

Oh no, they let you send them off whenever but I thought that the unis replied to everybody at the same time :colondollar:

:yep: I don't want to get really excited about doing it and then not do well and end up all :emo:
I know, it looks so good! I really really hope I do too :sad:
What's wrong with southerners? :puppyeyes:
Reply 67
Original post by TwirlGirl
What's wrong with southerners? :puppyeyes:

Nothing at all! It's just that I say stuff like 'that's well good' and doc said southerners didn't and then said she preferred southerners and I got sad :sad:
Original post by racaha
:huff:

Yeah, I think it was because I really hated some of my lessons in school so I used to look forward to the ones I liked which made the ones I hated go slower :&quot:wink:

Oh no, they let you send them off whenever but I thought that the unis replied to everybody at the same time :colondollar:

:yep: I don't want to get really excited about doing it and then not do well and end up all :emo:
I know, it looks so good! I really really hope I do too :sad:

:console: :hugs:

Oh, that makes sense. I can see how it will drag the lessons for you. Which is why it's better to have them for one hour only :fyi:
Oh unis, no no they get back to you whenever they like. Some do prefer replying to everyone at the same time, but most wouldn't wait for all the applications to go in before they starts sending interviews and offers :yep:

You hopefully won't :nah: your exams went great right? :awesome:
Reply 69
Original post by racaha
Well the southerners are all daft YES I'M TALKING TO ALL YOU SOUTHERNERS IF ANY OF YOU READ THIS WHICH YOU PROBABLY WON'T! :yep:

Im a westerner :ahee:
Original post by racaha
Nothing at all! It's just that I say stuff like 'that's well good' and doc said southerners didn't and then said she preferred southerners and I got sad :sad:

Its ok :jumphug: they are just jealous of us northerners :smug:

Oh, that makes sense. I can see how it will drag the lessons for you. Which is why it's better to have them for one hour only :fyi:
Oh unis, no no they get back to you whenever they like. Some do prefer replying to everyone at the same time, but most wouldn't wait for all the applications to go in before they starts sending interviews and offers :yep:

:yep: so true
Reply 71

But I like all my lessons now so I like having them in bigger blocks :awesome:

Ah right! Shows how much I need to do before I find which ones I want to go to!

Erm... :sad:

Original post by Ich Dien
Im a westerner :ahee:

:five: Yay for the west! :ahee:

Original post by Griffin23
Its ok :jumphug: they are just jealous of us northerners :smug:

:yep: so true

:ahee: definitely :smug:
Original post by racaha
But I like all my lessons now so I like having them in bigger blocks :awesome:

Ah right! Shows how much I need to do before I find which ones I want to go to!

Erm... :sad:

Oh, that's fair enough then :yep:

Don't worry, when the right time comes you'll know all there is about Law schools :pierre:

:console: It's hard to tell how well you've done :dontknow: don't worry, you'll be just fine :yep:
Reply 73
Oh, that's fair enough then :yep:

Don't worry, when the right time comes you'll know all there is about Law schools :pierre:

:console: It's hard to tell how well you've done :dontknow: don't worry, you'll be just fine :yep:

Hehe I will be knowledgeable about it all one day!

:sadnod: I'm hoping that it will work out better than I think, although I actually have no idea about how I did, I can only remember the mistakes.
Original post by racaha

:sadnod: I'm hoping that it will work out better than I think, although I actually have no idea about how I did, I can only remember the mistakes.

Of course it will :hugs: you put yourself down too much, you will do great:biggrin:
Original post by racaha

You will, I assure you :yep:

That's normal, we all feel that way :rolleyes: there's not much that could be done now, so just forget about it and enjoy your summer :yep:
Reply 76
Original post by Griffin23
Of course it will :hugs: you put yourself down too much, you will do great:biggrin:

:crossedf: :^_^:

You will, I assure you :yep:

That's normal, we all feel that way :rolleyes: there's not much that could be done now, so just forget about it and enjoy your summer :yep:

:yep: I was the same after my GCSE's. Oh I will :awesome:
Original post by racaha

:yep: I was the same after my GCSE's. Oh I will :awesome:

And how were your GCSE's? :ninja:
Reply 78
And how were your GCSE's? :ninja:

7 A*'s, 2 A's and a distinction :yes:
Original post by racaha
7 A*'s, 2 A's and a distinction :yes:

Smarty pants :huff:

:ahee: