The Student Room Group

aqa gcse english lit paper 24/05/11

hey guys how was it personally i found it alright but i am not sure if there was sonnet in the box in question 22....can someone help me? i did death of a naturalist and storm on the island and affliction of margaret and sonnet.....because it didnt say choose one heaney and 1 clarke have i doneit right?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did two heaneys as well (even though i usually hate heaney's poetry and prefer clarkes!). Sonnet was in the box, although I chose On my first Sonne instead.
Reply 2
I did the Duffy/Armitage section, found the question on Love easy, and quite enjoyable to write about!

Did anyone else do Catcher in the Rye?
Reply 3
Original post by Sherlock2172
I did the Duffy/Armitage section, found the question on Love easy, and quite enjoyable to write about!

Did anyone else do Catcher in the Rye?

Yeah...

Did you choose Sonnet 130? Shakespeare FTW.

Oh and LOTF- The ''Darkness of man's heart''.

Easy.
Reply 4
I did Storm on the Island, The field mouse, On my first sonne and the song of the old mother. for anyone who did to kill a mockingbird- which question did you pick???
Reply 5
Original post by MSI_10
Yeah...

Easy.

Darkness of man's heart question - <3.

For Heaney and Clarke I did the question about 'places' and used Sonnet, Patrolling Barnegat, The Field Mouse and Death of the Naturalist.
Original post by bambi_eyes
I did Storm on the Island, The field mouse, On my first sonne and the song of the old mother. for anyone who did to kill a mockingbird- which question did you pick???

I did the question about learning, didn't really have much to say about minor characters as it was one of the questions i was begging didnt come up! haha.
Good job I had quite a lot to write about learning though, so that was alright.
Which did you do?
Reply 7
Did really well on Lord of the Flies, I think, but truly buggered up the poetry.
Reply 8
Did anyone else do the short stories?

I compared 'Your Shoes' to 'Superman and Paula Brown's New Snowsuit' with the question about how parents are presented in these stories, and I think I did pretty well on it, although probably not as good as I wanted.

For the poetry I did the love question and compared 'Sonnet 130' to 'Anne Hathaway' and then 'On My First Sonne' to 'Mother, any distance', and then I did a final big comparison at the end. I hadn't done a paper before and again, I think it went well but could have done better!
The question on my paper was how effective are the ending of 'CATRIN' and i choose 'DIGGING' ! WHO DONE THIS ASWELL??

AND

How effective are the openings of 'PATROLLING BARGENAT' and i choose 'THE EAGLE'!!

WHO DONE 4 OF MICE AND MEN >> How is DAMAGE presented?
Original post by Mocking_bird
I did the question about learning, didn't really have much to say about minor characters as it was one of the questions i was begging didnt come up! haha.
Good job I had quite a lot to write about learning though, so that was alright.
Which did you do?

i did the learning one as well, the minor characters one was just weird...:confused:
Reply 11
Best possible questions for To Kill a Mockingbird!
For Duffy and Armitage I did the Love question and chose:
Anne Hathaway
My Last Duchess
Sonnet 130
and decided to risk it and went for Homecoming

I hope my gamble paid off
Reply 12
It was alright. Went better than expected but for the short stories question. Found it somewhat hard to refer too.
Reply 13
Original post by MSI_10
Yeah...

Easy.

I choose Sonnet 130, Anne Hathaway, the Laboratory and Mother any Distance. Thought I aced the poetry, novel I wasn't to great on.
Original post by Tim Kelly
Best possible questions for To Kill a Mockingbird!
For Duffy and Armitage I did the Love question and chose:
Anne Hathaway
My Last Duchess
Sonnet 130
and decided to risk it and went for Homecoming

I hope my gamble paid off

Which TKAM qu. did you do?
I did Homecoming too for a different question, I'm seriously hoping that they accept any sort of interpretation of it
Original post by Michelle_Ching24
The question on my paper was how effective are the ending of 'CATRIN' and i choose 'DIGGING' ! WHO DONE THIS ASWELL??

AND

How effective are the openings of 'PATROLLING BARGENAT' and i choose 'THE EAGLE'!!

WHO DONE 4 OF MICE AND MEN >> How is DAMAGE presented?

Meeeeeeeeee! :biggrin:
Reply 16
if i got a mid a in coursework, can i still get a*?
Reply 17
Did anyone else do heroes?
I sucked on the of mice and men bit about damaged lives. I got really confused on what to put! :frown: What did you guys write about?
Reply 19
Did anybody do the heroic question to Lord Of The Flies?
who do you consider to be a hero in the novel
i did para 1 - picking fruit off the trees for littleuns contrast to jack "they're batty", i put why golding used him: to show few inherent good people in the world, to emphasise the savage ways of the other boys in contrast to him and the fact that he is a christ like figure
para2 - realising that the beast is inside, no one listens to him, foreshadoes his death with the parachutist coming down
para 3 - his death similar to jesus, he died a hero, silver imagery and imagery of a halo

does that seem like an okay plan? A lot of people did ralph for the hero

and then i did the love question:
Anne Hathaway, Sonnet130, Mother Any Distance and On my first Sonne

i actually didnt find it that bad considering i had only 2 hours sleep last night as i was ill

sorry for the spelling mistakes, silly phone for you!

Quick Reply

Latest