The Student Room Group

Philosophy and Ethics AS exam - what is most likely to come up for both sections?

Basically, this is my worst subject and i don't have time to revise everything in detail there's just too much, what would you suggest focusing on and revising in depth? Thanks a lot!:frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Chloe-revise
Basically, this is my worst subject and i don't have time to revise everything in detail there's just too much, what would you suggest focusing on and revising in depth? Thanks a lot!:frown:

Ok I'm predicting teleological, cosmological, ontological, plato and aristotle being most likely for Philosophy.

Ethics I think there will be a question on absolutist morality as there was one on relativist morality in january, Natural Law was only ethical theory missed out in Jan so I'd revise that too. Abortion and Euthanasia come up almost every year.

I'm in a similar situation to you with regards to lack of time and as a result I am not revising Utilitarianism or Genetic engineering for Ethics or Moral Argument, Goodness of God and Religion and Science for Philosophy. It's a risk but it's a calculated one based on maximising my potential to do well and what has come up in the past. The worst that could happen is I would be forced to do the 2 questions on the topics I revised if the others came up regardless of how oddly worded or on a niche part of the topic they were. The best that could happen is my calculated risk pays off in the questions that appear :tongue:
Reply 2
Thankyou so much!!!xx

Quick Reply

Latest