Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aston Villa FC Society II

Announcements Posted on
The Football forum needs another moderator! 19-04-2014
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Very disappointing considering he pledged to stay at the club a couple of months ago even if we went on to be relegated because we had stuck by him when he was injured and he felt he owed the club in return. I guess talk is cheap.
    I always thought we bought him because Petrov injured him this will be the third season in a row that our best player of the season has left, if he goes. And there's no way that Young will stay whether Downing goes or not. There goes the service to Bent.

All hypothetical though. I have no idea where we'll be in August. But what I do know is that we can't lose both of Young and Downing. We've had quite a few issues this season, what with MON, Houllier, Dunne/Collins, Milner, Young, and now Downing. It never seems to end.

We could be in an excellent position come August, but I really hope the prospect of a decent summer transfer window isn't ruined by Downing leaving as well as Young.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I presume DJ has had a word with Ash and Ash has told him he's definetly off, so DJ reckions he will be better off elsewhere.

Houllier isn't traveling to the Hong Kong Tin Cup thing, been told not to by his doctor, so GMac will continue to deputise. It'll be on Sky too, although we may be playing Jordan Graham and Jack Grealish on the wings at this ****ing rate

Oh yeh one other small snippet of news SALIFOU IS BEING RELEASED :'( On the positive side at least I know who my first free signing on FM12 will be
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Reo :confused:
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joluk)
    Reo :confused:
    :cry:
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    Reo's a shame and probably someone we should now be looking to replace, but the others are no real loss.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah gutted about Nige he's been immense second half of the season. Appatently though he was asking for more than we were prepared to pay on his new contract, so...yeh. Would consider Bradley on a permanent deal on the cheap now, maybe with more time to adjust he can be a decent squad player. Otherwise we've got Bannan, Makoun, Gardner, Delph & Petov in CM anyways so I'm not worried about it in that respect. If only Beye and Warnock's contract were up for renewel aswell so we could see the back of them. Halfhuid gone too, I guess he enjoyed being back home more than beng in England
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh dear all isn't so well down at vile looks like you are losing Downing as well as Young and thats after you already let reo-coker go good luck trying to stay up we will happily replace you in the premier league when you go down next season
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Why did you release NRC :confused:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Disappointing to lose them on frees...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    SOTV, if you knew your club, you'd know that Birminghams financial future was built on the basis of being in the Premier League. Going down to the Championship loses you money rights from deals such as TV broadcasting.

Aston Villa will be fine, they're a massive club. The owner spending £23 million on Bent only shows intent from the owners. So when the summer comes, I suspect Houlier will go?, and Villa get a new manager and new players, they'll be fine. I suspect a total table finish, maybe 7/8th?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has that money-grabbing b****** f***ed off yet? Wouldn't be surprised..

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zionic)
    SOTV, if you knew your club, you'd know that Birminghams financial future was built on the basis of being in the Premier League. Going down to the Championship loses you money rights from deals such as TV broadcasting.

Aston Villa will be fine, they're a massive club. The owner spending £23 million on Bent only shows intent from the owners. So when the summer comes, I suspect Houlier will go?, and Villa get a new manager and new players, they'll be fine. I suspect a total table finish, maybe 7/8th?
    we will be fine carson yeung will back us and spend to get us up, villa are over 100million in debt
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillArmstrong)
    Has that money-grabbing b****** f***ed off yet? Wouldn't be surprised..

what he did to sunderland was so bad i hope sunderland fans kick the crap out of villa fans
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    And this is the result of 606 closing :sigh:

Shame NRC has gone but i suppose over four years he never lived up to the billing. He'll be a great player for a lower premier league side though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seriously though, what are your views on Judas? Pretty shocking what he did
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillArmstrong)
    Seriously though, what are your views on Judas? Pretty shocking what he did
    the high court should have blocked it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think Bannan's good enough to fill NRCs gap, and albrighton is good enough to fill Young/downings place, but our squad isn't exactly massive. Need a few more signings in the summer.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Lots of Utd ITKs saying the fee for Ash is £10m, we should be asking at least £13m
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogso)
    Lots of Utd ITKs saying the fee for Ash is £10m, we should be asking at least £13m
    I hear it's £15m.
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    "In The Knows" are a blatant case of disingenuous titling.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 21, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.