The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manchesterunited15
As long as him or Grealish come on it's all good :tongue:

You watching? Gabby has just missed a ridiculous sitter. **** me.
Were getting 4-5 players in the box every attack, this is like watching a different team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nvmthename
Were getting 4-5 players in the box every attack, this is like watching a different team.

The passing though mate, we still can't pass for ****.

I love Gabby but watching him these days is just infuriating. Bent would have scored that ffs.

I would say more of the same for the second half and if we are still at 0-0, take Gabby off and get young Jack on.

Oh and what a signing Aly Cissokho looks. Just think we can add Benteke, Okore and Sanchez to this team :cool:.

There's one more still to sign as well.
Weimann smashed that one in :cool:

1-0 Villa. Oh man.
Grealish makes his entrance, 20 mins to go good luck Jack :cool:
Well done boys :cool:

A clean sheet as well :cool:
This thread actually exists O_o
Original post by AR_95
This thread actually exists O_o

Why wouldn't it? :confused:
Making the trip to Villa Park again this Saturday. Gonna drive down and was thinking of parking on a street road I know of in Birmingham then catching a train from New Street to Aston Station. Any of yous gonna be at the match? How do you think you will fair against us this time? I am hoping it is not as scrappy as last time.
Original post by KingGoonIan
Making the trip to Villa Park again this Saturday. Gonna drive down and was thinking of parking on a street road I know of in Birmingham then catching a train from New Street to Aston Station. Any of yous gonna be at the match? How do you think you will fair against us this time? I am hoping it is not as scrappy as last time.

Win hopefully, I'll cry if we lose, should be going with my dad will know closer to the game. If you can drive out of the city centre there are plenty of roads to park on around the ground, or park at the One Stop shopping centre and just walk over from there past the uni, takes like 2 mins. Train is good too though just if you're driving...

Have you seen Aston Hall before?
Original post by Wilfred Little
Win hopefully, I'll cry if we lose, should be going with my dad will know closer to the game. If you can drive out of the city centre there are plenty of roads to park on around the ground, or park at the One Stop shopping centre and just walk over from there past the uni, takes like 2 mins. Train is good too though just if you're driving...

Have you seen Aston Hall before?

Im sure he could probably park anywhere around the perry bar area tbh, the halls and sports centre will be empty

Posted from TSR Mobile
x

Original post by Nvmthename
x

Well thanks I might well park in that One Stop car park. Otherwise I could just park where I know the area which is in holt street near Aston Uni. I used to work at BCH.

But how do you think you guys played in your first game? We lost but we showed a lot of promise and I feel the scoreline didn't reflect the true game.
Off topic a bit but has anyone seen the prices for aston tavern! Just under £4 a pint and theres a £3 entry fee! Jokes! Roll on newcastle! UTV!
Original post by Vinnieeee
Off topic a bit but has anyone seen the prices for aston tavern! Just under £4 a pint and theres a £3 entry fee! Jokes! Roll on newcastle! UTV!

Heard it was £2 entry fee but yeah. Doubt I'll go in but rather that than another beautiful building go unused. And it does look very decent - http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/news/regional-affairs/aston-tavern-owners-want-new-look-7643554

£3.75 a Carling is taking the piss however.
Yeah probably was 2 quid, im going by memory, but yeah, they just care about the matchday wallet lol
Yeah probably was 2 quid, im going by memory, but yeah, they just care about the matchday wallet lol

Can't see how this is going to be profitable tbh, will probably be busy enough on match days but other than that who is going to pay that sort of money?

Welcome to the thread anyway mate could do with more Villans on here.
Can't see how this is going to be profitable tbh, will probably be busy enough on match days but other than that who is going to pay that sort of money?

Welcome to the thread anyway mate could do with more Villans on here.

Thanks mate, an i dunno, some people might be desperate in some case? I hope people dont drink there though tbh!
Original post by KingGoonIan
Well thanks I might well park in that One Stop car park. Otherwise I could just park where I know the area which is in holt street near Aston Uni. I used to work at BCH.

But how do you think you guys played in your first game? We lost but we showed a lot of promise and I feel the scoreline didn't reflect the true game.

Should have won by more than one definitely. Gabby and Bacuna missed sitters and we were pretty comfortable really. Senderos, Hutton, Cissokho were all superb. If we had more firepower going forward we would have swatted Stoke like flies.

I watched the u21 highlights vs Stoke yesterday and Grealish was excellent again, gliding around the pitch so effortlessly :cool:. I think Sanchez is a way off match fitness so doubt he will start and Jores looked good as well as usual.

Home form is piss poor as you know. I'm thinking a 1-1 draw to be honest. If we actually won this I'd be delighted.

Thanks mate, an i dunno, some people might be desperate in some case? I hope people dont drink there though tbh!

What you think for the Newcastle game mate?
I reckon if we play how we did second half stoke we will win, our defence looks solid for a change! Cant wait to be back in the holte!
Well I'm hoping for an open game and you're defence is gonna need to be fairly solid what with Cabella on the loose.

The Witton Arms is friendly to away supporters right? Thats where me mates are gan.
x

x

Latest