The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh FFS conker you should have had that.
I see you have finally broken your goal-scoring duck. Well done.

However I do think you should go down this season. You're just constantly fighting relegation, going nowhere. Basically a small club who has been in the prem long enough to know all the little tips and tricks to survive each season, thus hogging a premier league spot that somebody with ambition could have.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Scott.M
I see you have finally broken your goal-scoring duck. Well done.

However I do think you should go down this season. You're just constantly fighting relegation, going nowhere. Basically a small club who has been in the prem long enough to know all the little tips and tricks to survive each season, thus hogging a premier league spot that somebody with ambition could have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2wRcNDDbGE

Merson said it best imo.
For such a big club your home support is embarrassing
Original post by KingGoonIan
For such a big club your home support is embarrassing

I dunno why Geordies are coming in giving it loads, shouldn't you be making placards with Pardew Out on them or has it gone quiet now?

We have three clubs in one city.

& yours would be full if you'd lost your last five games without scoring?
Original post by Wilfred Little

He had just dug himself into a hole.

You know you are a small club when you have to go digging into the past to come up with reasons of why you are a big one. Fact is you're perennial relegation battlers with a poor home following, whom most teams see your name on the fixture list and think 'Yes, easy game! :biggrin:'. If the truth hurts you should take it up with your board.
Original post by Scott.M
He had just dug himself into a hole.

You know you are a small club when you have to go digging into the past to come up with reasons of why you are a big one. Fact is you're perennial relegation battlers with a poor home following, whom most teams see your name on the fixture list and think 'Yes, easy game! :biggrin:'. If the truth hurts you should take it up with your board.

I don't think Liverpool see us as an easy game.

There is some truth to it, but basically all of your posts are you trying to get a rise. Posting that in here will obviously get people replying.

And I don't see how Newcastle fair any better than us really. What have you done in the past five years other than get relegated and punch horses?
I don't think Liverpool see us as an easy game.

There is some truth to it, but basically all of your posts are you trying to get a rise. Posting that in here will obviously get people replying.

And I don't see how Newcastle fair any better than us really. What have you done in the past five years other than get relegated and punch horses?

Nah I just have a dislike of Villa seeing as your fans inexplicably took great delight in relegating us, despite no prior bad blood between us.

We aren't a big club, as irregardless of your following you cannot claim to be big unless you challenge for the title. However we aren't merely a medium club either, as we finish top half but also have the following of a big club. So I'd class us as upper-medium/sleeping giant/big club with an unambitious owner.
(edited 9 years ago)
Benteke sent off!
It's all kicking off.
Conker headed **** :rolleyes:

Original post by Scott.M
Nah I just have a dislike of Villa seeing as your fans inexplicably took great delight in relegating us, despite no prior bad blood between us.

We aren't a big club, as irregardless of your following you cannot claim to be big unless you challenge for the title. However we aren't merely a medium club either, as we finish top half but also have the following of a big club. So I'd class us as upper-medium/sleeping giant/big club with an unambitious owner.

So what's the reason for wumming the Liverpool thread and now the Spurs one?
Villa will have more players sent off here.
I dunno why Geordies are coming in giving it loads, shouldn't you be making placards with Pardew Out on them or has it gone quiet now?

We have three clubs in one city.

& yours would be full if you'd lost your last five games without scoring?

I came in to congratulate you on how well you were playing.

Lol yes it would be full and yours was empty at the beginning of the season when you hadn't played a match. I know because I was there.

I came in to congratulate you on how well you were playing.

Why bite then? My post wasn't meant for you.

Lol yes it would be full and yours was empty at the beginning of the season when you hadn't played a match. I know because I was there.

Claims ground is empty.

Posts pic of 90% full stand.
Original post by Scott.M
So I'd class us as upper-medium/sleeping giant/big club with an unambitious owner.

Ha. How long have you been sleeping? You've won **** all for like 60 years.
Why bite then? My post wasn't meant for you.

Claims ground is empty.

Posts pic of 90% full stand.

Sorry but you were belittling my club.

Maybe not empty but only about 70% full stadium at the start of the season is poor for a big club.

Maybe not empty but only about 70% full stadium at the start of the season is poor for a big club.

You do realise though, the Trinity is where all the execs sit.

You could take a similar pic at the Emirates or Wembley.

It wasn't a great turnout. I went to the game and thought the same myself. But tbh it wasn't surprising considering everything that went on over the summer.
Villa have been robbed here. Spurs don't deserve a point from this never mind all 3.
What has gone wrong? Late spurs comeback, plus a Benteke straight red, thus condemning you to another 3 losses. Really not looking good for Villa. Reckon Lambert will be sacked?
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest