The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ur going down villa scum
Lmao at blues fans in this forum if I supported blues I would be worried about having Cameron Jerome as your star player next season.
Reply 42
Original post by SOTV
ur going down villa scum

F*ck off Small Heath!

The City is Ours!
Reply 43
Original post by hogso
:party2:

Ah man not in the top posters. I was sure at least half my posts were in that thread since I joined.

End of season stats (Prem only) :h:

Its not complete though, for exampe Milner isn't on there, nor is Hogg, Lichaj, Weimann...

You posted my list mate :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by TRS-T
You posted my list mate :smile:

Yeh I thought I recognised the name - you're the guy on VT who everyone always seems to be having a go at ... ? :colondollar:
Reply 45
Original post by SOTV
ur going down villa scum

Didn't I play you on COD the other day :teehee:, had Birmingham F.C. as location and SOTV as bio. Coincidence? :rofl2:
Original post by TM94
Didn't I play you on COD the other day :teehee:, had Birmingham F.C. as location and SOTV as bio. Coincidence? :rofl2:

I hope you killed the...'person'. Most Birmingham fans have nothing else to go on about except for their hatred of Villa. Kind of sad really.

Speaking of COD, I hate coming across people with microphones who see the 'avfc' in my name and start mouthing off about how crap we are. But football fans in general are clueless and annoy me.
Reply 47
Original post by little_wizard123
I hope you killed the...'person'. Most Birmingham fans have nothing else to go on about except for their hatred of Villa. Kind of sad really.

Speaking of COD, I hate coming across people with microphones who see the 'avfc' in my name and start mouthing off about how crap we are. But football fans in general are clueless and annoy me.

Don't worry I did, the person then called me "black as ****". :rolleyes:
Reply 48
Do you lot really want Moyes over Benitez?

Strange.
Reply 49

Original post by L18

Strange.

I'd be pretty impressed if we managed to get either.
I'd much prefer Moyes, but as Phalanges says, it'd be a shock to get either of them. I see Houllier's expected to be out by tomorrow, though, and I wouldn't have thought Randy would be making it public unless he had a successor already sorted...
Reply 51
Would definitely prefer Moyes, but Benitez would be alright. Please not Maclaren though.

Moyes has consistently done well with Everton for the last few years, despite having almost no money to spend at all.
Original post by Joluk
Would definitely prefer Moyes, but Benitez would be alright. Please not Maclaren though.

Moyes has consistently done well with Everton for the last few years, despite having almost no money to spend at all.

Yeah. Although the fact that he's continually ruled himself out of the running for the job means I can't see it happening. Would love it if he did come to us though. :redface:
Reply 53
If Houli were up to it I'd like to see him sort out that FIFA mob

Original post by L18

Strange.

A million times yes. Benitez isn't very popular with the majority of Villa fans, but I don't think it'd be a far fetched appointment at all. Neither would Ancelotti
Reply 54
Original post by hogso
A million times yes. Benitez isn't very popular with the majority of Villa fans, but I don't think it'd be a far fetched appointment at all. Neither would Ancelotti

I think if you want for him, you'd get Benitez.

It's an ideal project for Rafa, and he won't have to move out of his Wirral house either.
Avram Grant, anyone? :teehee:
Reply 56
David O'Leary doesn't have a job at present.
Lots of sources suggest Mark Hughes is our next manager. He has 24 hours to walk away for free before his contract rolls to another year so it'll be pretty obvious over the next day or so where we are heading. On the topic of underwhelming managers, the mail reports that our five man shortlist also contains mclaren, martinez, moyes and jol. Other than moyes these could actually be worse than houllier. Where on earth are ancelotti and more realistically benitez on our radar? Disappointing.

Also stuart downing whoring himself out to the media is embarrassing for him. Stfu and get on with your job, if a club makes an approach then let that happen rather than just laud yourself out in the open.
Original post by Colbert
Lots of sources suggest Mark Hughes is our next manager. He has 24 hours to walk away for free before his contract rolls to another year so it'll be pretty obvious over the next day or so where we are heading. On the topic of underwhelming managers, the mail reports that our five man shortlist also contains mclaren, martinez, moyes and jol. Other than moyes these could actually be worse than houllier. Where on earth are ancelotti and more realistically benitez on our radar? Disappointing.

I reckon if I was a Villa fan I would want Jol out of that list. Tottenham had been a frustrating team of underachievers for a long period before Jol took over and he made them strong.

On Ancelotti if he isn't in the running then its probably because Chelsea included in the terms of his severance that he couldn't manage another Premiership club, I remember reading in one of the papers something about that.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
I reckon if I was a Villa fan I would want Jol out of that list. Tottenham had been a frustrating team of underachievers for a long period before Jol took over and he made them strong.

On Ancelotti if he isn't in the running then its probably because Chelsea included in the terms of his severance that he couldn't manage another Premiership club, I remember reading in one of the papers something about that.

Yeah i would take Jol tbf, out of work and someone who can push us on. If i remember he seemed to have a pretty decent scout network at spurs so could be an improvement there. Ancelotti hinted he would like to stay in england so not sure what his status is. I assume he would go to roma over us anyway if he had a choice.

Latest