The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Atrocious decision from the referee there

Posted from TSR Mobile
I completely forgot this game was on now :lol:

Sherwood seems to have solved your goal drought at least. Very good chance of making the final now, if we can't win it I want Villa to do it.
Get in Sherwood!! :biggrin: oh and yeah well done to you guys.
Original post by Mackay
Decent interview with Sherwood via Football Focus today. He still strikes me as Finchy from The Office, though.

Brilliant observation, knew I recognised him from somewhere.
Celebrating a QF win as if you've won the cup.
Apparently Delph was bitten by a Villa fan...
Reply 6847
Massive win, fair play to Sherwood he's given our players a bit of spark.

Disappointed in the fans who ran on at the end - embarrassing.

Hope this doesn't overshadow an excellent result by the team and the great at support shown by the majority of sensible fans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Get in Delph, beautiful finish. Great bit of skill from Sinclair. Classic pitch invasion in stoppage time...only in Birmingham. Quite embarrassing for the club.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6849
Original post by little_wizard123
Apparently Delph was bitten by a Villa fan...

Honestly the club needs to come down hard on this...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait I thought the pitch invasion was because they scored two goals in one game?
Deflated. And I shouldn't be. Best I've seen Villa play for ages in that second half. The way Sanchez looked forward instead of backward was insane. And every attacking set-piece turned into a chance.

Glad that most of the fans stayed off, but ashamed at the scenes at the end... It's just not needed. I'd be scared too.
Both reds harsh imo. Great win for Villa that, though. Be careful the FA Cup doesn't hamper your league form.
Won't somebody think of the children :frown:

How many times has the Giggs goal with pitch invasion been replayed?
Hardly shameful.

It's a derby tbf.
I dont think anyone can condone the behaviour of the fans before the final whistle, but villa have had nothing to celebrate in recent years; i dont think neutrals and pundits understand what its like watching us constantly. Back to back wins at home warrants a pitch invasion, regardless of the cup.

But in all seriousness, even though i dont understand playing cnz ahead of gil fair play to sherwood for making it work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nicking stuff and biting players is not on but pitch invasions are what happen when emotions are high and you win.

Is there a source for the Delph thing?
Why the **** would someone come on to the pitch and bite one of the players they've been cheering on for 90 minutes? You can understand pitch invasions (i've taken part in a couple and I didn't even support the club I was watching) but that's just disturbing.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Nicking stuff and biting players is not on but pitch invasions are what happen when emotions are high and you win.

Is there a source for the Delph thing?

19:39 BBC live updates.

Latest