The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reckon we can get at qpr and get the 3 points there that will be 3 points. That might be all we pick up out of the next 3 but you never know I mean we got a point against United earlier in the season and benteke looked good against spurs last time out. United in current form are a force though
Original post by Nvmthename
Man U, qpr and spurs are our next 3.
I think dropping a point against swansea will have an effect on the momentum.
Hopefully we can beat qpr and pick up a point elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't really matter at this stage, because Leicester and QPR are down and it's probably a straight shoot-out between Sunderland and Burnley for the final position. I can't see you getting anything at Man United or Spurs, but QPR should be a comfortable three points if you reach your potential.
Original post by Mackay
It doesn't really matter at this stage, because Leicester and QPR are down and it's probably a straight shoot-out between Sunderland and Burnley for the final position. I can't see you getting anything at Man United or Spurs, but QPR should be a comfortable three points if you reach your potential.

Possibly, but football is a fickle game, you never know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nvmthename
Possibly, but football is a fickle game, you never know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anything which keeps Sherwood on my TV is good enough for me. I hope you stay up purely for that reason.
I think we will get at least a point from one of MU or Spurs.

I want to see Gil back in the team as well.
Original post by Wilfred Little
I think we will get at least a point from one of MU or Spurs.

I want to see Gil back in the team as well.

I hope its not from us. Are you guys on form?.. any key players out on suspension/long term injury?
Original post by drewBusby
I hope its not from us. Are you guys on form?.. any key players out on suspension/long term injury?

Clev- oh wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drewBusby

Just Vlaar really but we are more than covered there.

We've won three of our last five matches so for us yeah doing quite well. We should start with quite a strong team.

Under Lambert I'd have a good idea of how we'd set ourselves up for this, ten men behind the ball, defend like beavers then just look to counter attack or pump balls up to Benteke and ultimately lose but Sherwood will probably look to attack more and he won there with Spurs you never know.
Rumours of Lerner being willing to sell for £150m!

That's a steal for any shrewd businessman. Fair enough, you aren't in London, but you're the biggest and most respected club within the country's second city. You have history, you have the infrastructure with the training ground and Villa Park. I can see plenty of savvy businessmen willing to invest.
Original post by Mackay
Rumours of Lerner being willing to sell for £150m!

That's a steal for any shrewd businessman. Fair enough, you aren't in London, but you're the biggest and most respected club within the country's second city. You have history, you have the infrastructure with the training ground and Villa Park. I can see plenty of savvy businessmen willing to invest.

Great post.

UK based buyers as well apparently.
:biggrin:
Great post.

UK based buyers as well apparently.

Great news all around for the club really. Lerner's seemed unwilling to invest properly for some time, and it will be great if an owner can come in and match the ambition of the fans and the atmosphere of the club. Villa's a great club - a big club - but you won't be challenging for CL/Europa anytime soon. If an owner can come in and say "we want a really good cup run" they will see how much money and interest those sorts of things can generate, and it gives you a platform to build towards a top-half finish. I'm unsure whether Sherwood's the man for that - he's a bit of a short-term gain imo.
I reckon we can do a Swansea and be around about 8-10th with the aim of challenging for Europe in the next 2-3 years if invested in right. Some of the players we were scouting were good and if lambo had some investment we might have got sissokho of Newcastle and continho although that one sounds a bit of long shot as I remember Liverpool were interested in him when we were
I expect Delph to start against Italy. He was solid against Lithuania
Original post by TornadoGR4
I expect Delph to start against Italy. He was solid against Lithuania

Has barely put a foot wrong in the four games he's played for England since getting his first call-up. Love the energy him and Henderson bring to the midfield.
yeah he looks good in the england set up, recently hes been quite good for villa aswell scored a couple important goals hope he keeps it up.
Original post by neal95
yeah he looks good in the england set up, recently hes been quite good for villa aswell scored a couple important goals hope he keeps it up.

One vs West Brom what was the other?
One vs West Brom what was the other?

I meant overall in the relegation run in, like Southampton 2013 Chelsea at home and west brom this season. Don't get me wrong I am not his biggest fan but he does get important goals and has been playing reasonably well in the international set up.
Wow you're ****ed if you don't win on Tuesday

Spurs (A)
City (A)
Everton (H)
West Ham (H)
Southampton (A)

Really hope that you beat QPR, i'll be gutted if Villa go down and dross like them stay up :sad:

Latest