The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kidioteque
Table does not make the pleasant reading after today's results. Starting to become very worried

The lads are up to it. We'll get three points from Everton on the weekend.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hogree

I really hope you're right, but I'm so worried that the manner of today's loss will knock the lads' confidence.
Original post by Wilfred Little
I can't believe that.

Took him clean out as he was about to roll it in, should have been a red card, a pen and probably three points.

Then they go up the other end and score.

Felt a bit sick.

I was thinking the same, tbh I thought the whistle was actually for the keeper fouling and he was going to be given a red. I didn't see offside at all and on the reply you clearly see onside.

Neutral here but honestly I felt kind of worked up for Villa then, really unfair, should have gotten 3 points out of that (as Man City corner goal may not have occurred), one minimum.
Your away kit is just...genius :love: It's so beautiful.

And damn you guys man, gee. You had one job. Coulda won it 3-2.
Original post by hogree

If Everton don't win tomorrow then it makes your job a lot harder imo when you play them next.
Sherwood went in on the Sky Sports presenters, and told MOTD's interviewer 'relegated? You're having a laugh!'.

You can see his frustration. You were so good today, and desperately unlucky not to be playing against ten men. Villa deserved something out of the game for making a game of it rather than parking the bus.

God City were **** today. I can't believe they'll finish above us.
Relax guys we will beat one of Everton west ham burnley in the near future and probably pick up a minimum of a draw aswell. Just think we aged brilliantly today and the first team in six years to have more possession at the etihad than man city. If it wasn't for guzans f up and that tackle by Sanchez we would be coming away with the 3 points. At least Sanchez atoned for his error somewhat. I reckon it will be hull qpr and burnley to go down have you seen hulls run in?
Original post by neal95
I reckon it will be hull qpr and burnley to go down have you seen hulls run in?

Hull have a tough run in, but so do Sunderland. Can't see the latter staying up given the Johnson fiasco and Advocaat's PL inexperience.
Original post by Mackay
Hull have a tough run in, but so do Sunderland. Can't see the latter staying up given the Johnson fiasco and Advocaat's PL inexperience.

Yeah IMO one of then 2 seem likely to relegate. By all accounts they did well against Stoke today though. For some reason recently they seem to just abou make it over the line despite being handed a few spankings this season. I think hull have the better squad but they will regret selling Shane long in the end. Bruce isn't exactly the most positive of mangers either lol
Original post by neal95
Yeah IMO one of then 2 seem likely to relegate. By all accounts they did well against Stoke today though. For some reason recently they seem to just abou make it over the line despite being handed a few spankings this season. I think hull have the better squad but they will regret selling Shane long in the end. Bruce isn't exactly the most positive of mangers either lol

Hull have a far superior squad to Sunderland, but their run in isn't one I'd be envious of. They should get a result at home against us (Liverpool) given we're now on our holidays and they have a decent record at the KC against us anyway, though.
Original post by Mackay
Hull have a far superior squad to Sunderland, but their run in isn't one I'd be envious of. They should get a result at home against us (Liverpool) given we're now on our holidays and they have a decent record at the KC against us anyway, though.

thing is most of their goalscorers are injured ie jelavix Hernandez although ndoye seems to be scoring recently. I think if you guys are to get a result against them (which I hope) then you need to stop elmohamady as he is their main threat on the wing. I don't rate Livermore but I suppose huddlestone can be dangerous occasionally with his range of passing and from free kicks
You know when a team gets relegated and the cameras zoom in on a grown man crying his eyes out in the stands, and you think "what a saddo, it's only football". I feel like I'm gonna be that weeping man this year.
Original post by Kidioteque
You know when a team gets relegated and the cameras zoom in on a grown man crying his eyes out in the stands, and you think "what a saddo, it's only football". I feel like I'm gonna be that weeping man this year.

:biggrin:

You're absolutely gutted aren't you.

I'm taking it well. I'm over it now. We lost, at the end of the day we were 2-0 down and managed to put in a superb performance.

I thought we were excellent and we go again :rolleyes:
Quick question, is Tim Sherwood the greatest British manager since SAF?
Original post by Manchester United

Greatest is laughable. Top 3 though possibly?

He'll be at Madrid in a few years

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you taking the piss?

It's clearly Brendan Rodgers.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Greatest is laughable. Top 3 though possibly?

He'll be at Madrid in a few years

What :biggrin:
I'm actually being serious. Rodgers is a joke, it's between Allardyce, Pardew and Sherwood.
Definitely Eddie Howe
I'm actually being serious. Rodgers is a joke, it's between Allardyce, Pardew and Sherwood.

So you think Sherwood might have something about him then?

Latest