The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9420
I'm so saddened by the current situation we're in. :frown:

It's killing me to see the club and its history just completely fall. Nobody remembers the good, when it comes to it, this season will be in the history forever and will be remembered. This is the club's downfall.
Why are we doing so awfully this season :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Also if everyone took his suggestion we would simply go massively into the red

Posted from TSR Mobile

doubt it, ticket sales are insignificant in revenue terms. dont believe the shite that fox and co come out with its laughable. we dont have to be good consumers and say how high when they ask us to jump!
Original post by neal95
doubt it, ticket sales are insignificant in revenue terms. dont believe the shite that fox and co come out with its laughable. we dont have to be good consumers and say how high when they ask us to jump!

Not very significant in the premiership.

We won't be in the premiership in 3 months

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AB200
I'm so saddened by the current situation we're in. :frown:

It's killing me to see the club and its history just completely fall. Nobody remembers the good, when it comes to it, this season will be in the history forever and will be remembered. This is the club's downfall.

Original post by isabellacappio
Why are we doing so awfully this season :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is such a horrible feeling seeing us where we are now but it is mostly the boards fault plus having players who just do not seem to care for the club. If only we had a few players like this legend

[video="youtube;TpUG3COlzuk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpUG3COlzuk[/video]
read a very riveting and moving article in The Times about us today- sad to see the writer mourning the loss of a premier league institution.
Original post by neal95
read a very riveting and moving article in The Times about us today- sad to see the writer mourning the loss of a premier league institution.

Link? Copy & Paste?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Link? Copy & Paste?

Posted from TSR Mobile

behind a paywall and i was reading print edition courtesy of the university
Here's another one from when the point it started to decline for us http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-aston-villa-became-spent-10901206
Original post by Rock Fan
Here's another one from when the point it started to decline for us http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-aston-villa-became-spent-10901206

The decline happened in the early 2000's under Ellis.

We never pushed the envelope to be a big club when we had the chance so when Lerner brought the club we spent a load of cash to put us to 6th place with the 6th highest spend.

But, because we weren't a big club we were losing money we simply didn't generate commercially the revenue to keep that up.

All the post mon stuff has simply been bad buys and Lerner mistake appointments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cow.jpg Sums it up this
cant believe that season when we didnt win one of the final 8 games. how do you let a lead like that slip. pathetic and we have never recovered since unfortunately. now the club turns its back on its core support and lerner has the gestapo out for anyone who dare crtiticise. first it was collymore then the brigada now the normal fans.
Original post by neal95
cant believe that season when we didnt win one of the final 8 games. how do you let a lead like that slip. pathetic and we have never recovered since unfortunately. now the club turns its back on its core support and lerner has the gestapo out for anyone who dare crtiticise. first it was collymore then the brigada now the normal fans.

That was our best chance to get Champions League but we completely blew it.
Original post by Rock Fan
Cow.jpg Sums it up this

Not really he's lost loads of money on the club so to say he's milking it is completely false.

Posted from TSR Mobile
look on the first page of this thread and its a depressing read. just look how many goals we had from midfield. contrast that with the current position!
Original post by neal95

Was this the team from the 08/09 season iirc? Was sure you were going to finish top 4 at our expense.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Was this the team from the 08/09 season iirc? Was sure you were going to finish top 4 at our expense.

It was indeed that team.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC

yep i couldnt believe that season! mental and such a capitulation at the end there. made lerner think twice and believe we would never get top 4. i we bought bent instead of heskey it would have been a different story i am sure
Original post by neal95
yep i couldnt believe that season! mental and such a capitulation at the end there. made lerner think twice and believe we would never get top 4. i we bought bent instead of heskey it would have been a different story i am sure

Was the beginning of the end for Villa really. Will be sad to see you go, would much prefer Villa away than a trip to Hull next season. Can't see the team you have atm getting anywhere near promotion next year. Tbh they'll be much nearer the bottom if anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest