The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Ireland's a big wage-earner too, might be difficult to shift for £5m+
Reply 1001
Original post by iLucien
Bannan's got a super pass on him

Not convinced. He gets it right every now and then, but too many of his hollywood balls go wayward. When he came on against Arsenal he got nothing right at all. He's only a kid though, he'll improve with time.

Or he'll be shipped out to Celtic for 3 of 4 years and we'll want to buy him back ala Steven Davis v___v
So how does Mcleish discipline Ireland for his antics over Christmas? Installs him immediately into the starting lineup :holmes:

Are things really so dire that Mcleish actually thinks players are worse off being out on the pitch embarrassing themselves than sitting in the safety and warmth of the stand? When we sent Agent Ridgewell across the city at least he did some good undercover work before finally sending them down, Alex seems to be taking a far less subtle approach :beard:
N'Zogbia and Ireland combine for a gorgeous little goal.

Sleeping giants awoken, top 4 finish is ours :sogood:
Gary Gardner debut :adore:

Stephen Ireland absolutely magnificent :eek3:

No doubt Mcleish will shake things up next game and completely change shape :facepalm2:
Ireland :lolwut: How?
Reply 1006
Next week's training will probably include mandatory shisha sessions. :p:
Reply 1007
speechless

:biggrin:
Preparation for life after Bent? :holmes:

Wouldn't mind seeing Marc/N'Zogbia rotated on the right with Gabby starting on the left. Bent up top. Then the same central trio as we started with today, at least until Ireland gives up again.
Transfer window opens in just over 30 hours. Good time to put a shift in.
Reply 1010
Ireland was absolutely amazing yesterday; he left me speechless. Now if he continues like that he needs to play behind Bent and Gabby to set them up. No doubt once Heskey is back from injury Big Eck will be playing him in the hole instead. :facepalm:
Reply 1011
4-2-3-1 worked very well yesterday, McLeish was spot on with tactics, e.g. telling Albrighton to man-mark Cole. Ireland's the sort of player we need in the hole.
Reply 1012
1-1 when GG comes on, 3-1 at full time, coincidence?

Of course not. His magical powers to draw the defenders on to him for both Stan and Bent's goals.

IS IT MY IMAG-INA-SHEE-ON
OR IS STEPHEN IRELAND WHAT WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR?
DO-DO DODO-DOOOOOO
WE WERE LOOKING FOR MIDFIELD AK-SHEE-ON
AND WHAT WE GOT WAS SHISHA PIPES AND ALCOHOL
DO-DO DODO-DOOOOOO
Got the tickets for next week, but in the home section. I am right next to the Villa section, so I could just hop over.
I am still on a high after this victory :biggrin: I think Gary Gardner is our answer for Salifou
Reply 1015
Very typical Villa thing to do, that performance today. Change at least 7 of the first XI vs. Bristol and play some kids plz big feck
Unbelievable, they get a great result against Chelsea then they give us that today. Back to the usual, no fight or passion.
Reply 1017
Typical
Didnt see the game or highlights but noticed Ireland was hauled off. Back to usual form already?
Reply 1019
Original post by Colbert
Didnt see the game or highlights but noticed Ireland was hauled off. Back to usual form already?

You would be suprised but he was actually one of the best on the pitch. I think our players were very tired. Albrighton should have been on at the start, with our mid two consisting of Petrov and Ireland. If we played with a diamond with Gabby and Bent upfront we would be quite unstopable. I'm getting really ****ed off with Eck. :facepalm2:

Latest