Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aston Villa FC Society II

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I still have no idea why you appointed McLeish. Don't rate him at all as a manager.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    I still have no idea why you appointed McLeish. Don't rate him at all as a manager.
    Nor do we. :confused:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aust1n)
    Nor do we. :confused:
    Mind you, I said the same about Pardew but I'm not complaining that much now ;D
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    Mind you, I said the same about Pardew but I'm not complaining that much now ;D
    I was doing all sorts of LOLs when I found out you had Pardew, now I am just jealous. Ba too, what a striker for free!!
    • 12 followers

I thought Ireland was better than most of them, Bent was ****ing useless and ask for Warnock he needs to be sold, time and time again he costs us.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I thought Ireland was better than most of them, Bent was ****ing useless and ask for Warnock he needs to be sold, time and time again he costs us.
    Enda Stevens officially signed today -- hopefully he can replace Warnock soon. He's absolutely ****.

As for Bent, I'd happily sell him if it meant we could fund a move for a player like Defoe, who scores goals AND contributes to the team.

There's also a lot of talk on Twitter that James Collins is gonna be off to either QPR or Sunderland soon.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Enda Stevens officially signed today -- hopefully he can replace Warnock soon. He's absolutely ****.

As for Bent, I'd happily sell him if it meant we could fund a move for a player like Defoe, who scores goals AND contributes to the team.

There's also a lot of talk on Twitter that James Collins is gonna be off to either QPR or Sunderland soon.
    I'm looking forward to seeing Enda, hopefully he gets a shot on Saturday.

Bent, he is fine when he has support, for example; Gabby and Alien Head, but rubbish when it is hoof football.

Collin's better not go, we really need him. However, if our midfield gets fit again I am more than happy with Clark back at CB.

It's our manager that is causing the problems, not the players.
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    Enda has been so hyped up by this thread. I don't know if I can face another disappointment after Salifou and Gary Gardner, so he better be good.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Enda has been so hyped up by this thread. I don't know if I can face another disappointment after Salifou and Gary Gardner, so he better be good.
    Gary Gardner? Since when did he disappoint? Give the lad a chance!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is Stephen Ireland a nailed on starter now? *shameless fantasy foootball question*
    • 36 followers

So it seems Robbie Keane might finally get to play for the club he supported so fervently as a child, after it emerged Aston Villa are interested in him. :holmes:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    Is Stephen Ireland a nailed on starter now? *shameless fantasy foootball question*
    If he starts against Bristol and impresses again I would say more than likely.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    So it seems Robbie Keane might finally get to play for the club he supported so fervently as a child, after it emerged Aston Villa are interested in him. :holmes:
    He's said that about every club he's ever moved to! haha
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aust1n)
    Collin's better not go, we really need him. However, if our midfield gets fit again I am more than happy with Clark back at CB.

If somebody comes in offering £5million+ for Collins then it'd be impossible to refuse, i'd bite their hand off. I'd much rather play Cuellar or Clark.

(Original post by Kidioteque)
    Gary Gardner? Since when did he disappoint? Give the lad a chance!
    Gary Gardeners a great player! The sooner he's worked into the starting line-up the better!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    If somebody comes in offering £5million+ for Collins then it'd be impossible to refuse, i'd bite their hand off. I'd much rather play Cuellar or Clark.

Gary Gardeners a great player! The sooner he's worked into the starting line-up the better!

I would quite like Clark to play more, he is a great player. I love hearing Dunne shout "Clarky! Clarky!" at him every five minutes too when he is being told to get into position. :ahah:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I really wonder what some of you lot are on about in this thread sometimes

Collins should not be in our first XI, and shouldn't have been for a very long time. I have fond memories of his first season with us, but since then he has been a liability. Dunne seems so much more comfortable with Cuellar next to him it's untrue. I genuinely believe we have a top CB in Dunne, but his perfomances are often times dragged down due him having to cover for Collins. Any offer, ANY, should be accepted.

Haven't seen enough of Edna (sic) to get excited about him, and what little I did see of him in the Europa games he didn't seem up to much. Only a kid though, and on the cheap, so you can't expect too much from him. If he gets in to the first team EVER then well done him and we have made a bargain signing. If he doesnt, oh well. Think the reason we made the signing was that we don't have any really decent FB prospects, but we do have some good CBs, CMs, and wingers.

Gary Gardner will come good, one way or another. What I mean by that is, whether be it for us or someone else, time will tell. We've let talent slip through the net on numerous occasions before and are bound to do it again...
    • 12 followers

I'd take a few million for Collins, there is some dead wood that needs to be cleared out of Villa Park.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I'd take a few million for Collins, there is some dead wood that needs to be cleared out of Villa Park.
    Beye and the H Bomb :facepalm2:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Onuoha looks like he's getting a move, could be a good replacement for Collins if you need one, depending on what City want for him.

Or bring back your favourite secret agent, he still wants a move :ahee:
    • 12 followers

Gods no not Liam Ridgewell please stay at Blues

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 19, 2014
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.