The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Who are Macron? :unsure: Mind you, I'd never heard of Hummel before either...
Original post by hogso
I'm another who had a very good day yesterday. Rented an apartment for the night with 3 others, so had a night in Bristol aswell, cracking stuff. Most people at the game seemed more interesting in singing and generally having a good time than watching the match :biggrin: I didn't even realise their goal had gone in until the chap next to me said 'did you see that?'. The banter with the posh seats was quality - 'we love villa more than you' :colondollar: hahahah. And any of you guys programme buffs? Theirs was ****ing excellent. Such a top quality production, given their a league 2 side. Read it practically all the way back on the train earlier, some great articles in it.

Where you stood :biggrin: I was at the front by the corner flag.
Reply 1062
What happened to our supposed link with Butterfield?
Reply 1063
Original post by Rock Fan
Where you stood :biggrin: I was at the front by the corner flag.

I intended to get their early so I could be at the front, but got held up in town and then our taxi driver insisted on taking us the long way round, as it would be quicker due to traffic. I kind of suspest he was ripping us off though. Ended up about 3/4 steps up on the terrace, smack bang in line with the penalty spot. Not a bad spot really
Original post by hogso
I intended to get their early so I could be at the front, but got held up in town and then our taxi driver insisted on taking us the long way round, as it would be quicker due to traffic. I kind of suspest he was ripping us off though. Ended up about 3/4 steps up on the terrace, smack bang in line with the penalty spot. Not a bad spot really

Ah he ripped you off, I caught the bus from the city centre. You got a good spot though.
Did you guys like the ground? I love terraces, and it was fine because I was stood right at the front, so it being packed wasn't really a problem.
I read yesterday that Mcleish believes Keane at Villa can be what Henry is for Arsenal.

No. Just no. :colonhash:
Reply 1067
Henry in the MLS was just a poor man's Juan Pablo Angel anyway. :love: Bring him back on loan and everyone will instantly forget that they hate McLeish, at least for a couple of weeks.
Angel and Keane could easily have been a strike force many years ago, as we've been linked with Keane every transfer window for about 10 years...
Reply 1069
QIA takeover at Villa? Everything adds up but it sounds to good to be true... :beard:

http://avillafan.com/site/2012/01/07/mystery_deal_to_buy_villa/
If only :moon:
Reply 1071
*gets down on knees and prays*
And to think I was very happy when Lerner took over as I thought we'd go the way of Chelsea...
Reply 1073
I'm not sure how I would feel about enough cash to start buying whoever we wanted. I mean it would be fun at first, but I'm really not sure my interest would last in continuing to support them. The main draw for me has always been seeing people like Gabby, Albrighton and Clark in Villa colours rather than wanting them to win at all costs, and I'm not sure I'd trade that for a significantly better team. The work Agbonlahor has done for Acorns makes me proud to have him in our team. Would I want Drogba in place of him? Certainly not.

I certainly don't want us to be crap for the sake of it, but if we went through such a huge change of identity to the extent that Man City have I'm not sure what would be left for me to support.
Reply 1074
Original post by Phalanges
I'm not sure how I would feel about enough cash to start buying whoever we wanted. I mean it would be fun at first, but I'm really not sure my interest would last in continuing to support them. The main draw for me has always been seeing people like Gabby, Albrighton and Clark in Villa colours rather than wanting them to win at all costs, and I'm not sure I'd trade that for a significantly better team. The work Agbonlahor has done for Acorns makes me proud to have him in our team. Would I want Drogba in place of him? Certainly not.

I certainly don't want us to be crap for the sake of it, but if we went through such a huge change of identity to the extent that Man City have I'm not sure what would be left for me to support.

I can't stress enough how much I agree but I think adding a couple of stars to our squad would be great. Hey, why not give our good players a pay rise and set up an even better youth system?

So far I don't think PSG has had a total overhall and I think (hope) they would work the same way.

At least we could finally get rid of Heskey and get a better RB than Hutton.:colondollar:
PSB signs i see
Apparently the takeover is a load of rubbish, it ain't happening.
Reply 1077
Original post by Rock Fan
Apparently the takeover is a load of rubbish, it ain't happening.

:frown:

Source?

Latest