The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well we better beat Everton today, if we lose today at home it will equal our worst run which was set back in 1963.
Disappointing tbf :colonhash:
Well worked draw today guys!
Reply 1083
Shouldve won it, pretty amatuerish stuff from Marc for their goal (which everyone around me was convinced was offside, we're bang in line with where it was - I'm not so sure), and Warnock was woeful again. His girlfriend mustve dumped him or something man, practically his whole game has gone to pot. I say practically as he put in a pretty good cross for Bent in the first half. Who was better today. Ireland was MOTM, him and Gabby, and probably Given the best players for us. Ireland needs the rest of the midfield to work with him though, if that means dropping Marc and Clark in favour of Zog and well, whoever, then so be it. If we don't build on his improving game, I'm fearful he'll fade
Ireland can only play if he has zero responsibiliy to track back, which is why it's worked so well with Clark and Petrov mopping up behind him. He's basically the same as VDV for Spurs, and should be on the teamsheet as a forward rather than in the midfield.
Reply 1085
Original post by hogso

Original post by hogso
Shouldve won it

Having only read the match reports I'm amazed we came away with a draw. How many times have we dropped points in the final few minutes? In this match it actually sounded like we prevented that.
Reply 1086
Selling Luke Young and buying Hutton :angry:
Reply 1087
Young hasn't looked that great at QPR to be honest. If anything we should be playing Clark at RB.
Cuellar at right back, not Clark he is too important elsewhere.
I agree, I hate seeing players out of position and Clark is a future first choice CB or holding midfielder for us. Although I suppose Cuellar is a centre back as well...

However, anybody but Hutton at right back should be the priority right now.
Reply 1090
Original post by little_wizard123
I agree, I hate seeing players out of position and Clark is a future first choice CB or holding midfielder for us. Although I suppose Cuellar is a centre back as well...

However, anybody but Hutton at right back should be the priority right now.

Clark is better at going forward. If we are going to play people out of position it might as well be Clark so he gets the games.
Original post by Aust1n
Clark is better at going forward. If we are going to play people out of position it might as well be Clark so he gets the games.

Who replaces him at centre mid?
Reply 1092
Original post by Colbert
Who replaces him at centre mid?

We have Petrov, Gardner, Ireland, Bannan, and a few others who can play there. IMO we should only be playing with two CMs, two wide men and two strikers. None of this lone man bull.
Original post by Aust1n
We have Petrov, Gardner, Ireland, Bannan, and a few others who can play there. IMO we should only be playing with two CMs, two wide men and two strikers. None of this lone man bull.

Tactics are a little more sophisticated than that, it's 4-5-1 or nothing nowadays.
Reply 1094
Big Eck's tactics are not sophisticated. :u:
Reply 1095
Original post by Phalanges
Having only read the match reports I'm amazed we came away with a draw. How many times have we dropped points in the final few minutes? In this match it actually sounded like we prevented that.

We were in total control in 2nd half, went a goal up, and pressed for the second goal, which nearly came on a couple of occasions. For that reason I say we shouldve won it, but once they equalised we lost all confidence again. QPR is a must win!

Anyone else going to the next Gen game? Hoping for a good attendance, I've got my (free) ticket.

Also it's been confirmed that the screen in the corner of the North and Doug will be back next year, hoorayyyyyy :colondollar:
We just can't hold onto leads, it will come back to haunt us.
Reply 1097
Free coaches for the Arsenal match! :party2:
The maximum allocation for us is 9000, which we might well have taken if it werent moved to a Sunday and been put on TV. Rumour is we've just taken the initial allocation of ~5500
Would it be easier to get a ticket then if they are not anticipating a big away crowd?
I'll probably watch it on TV

Latest