The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Original post by hogso
There's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that he should be first choice CB with Dunne.

It should be a Cuellar-Clark partnership. :ninja:
First Villa game in over a month, we desperately need 3 points today
Looks like you are the only one who turned up tbf. Stadium is practically empty.
Reply 1263
Finally got a win. Goal set up by Bannan, Gardner and Weinmann. Why they're not playing all the time I'll never know...
Original post by Colbert
Looks like you are the only one who turned up tbf. Stadium is practically empty.

Big Eck driving the fans away?

I think you could not gain another point the rest of the season and stay up the bottom 3 are that bad.
Original post by original_username
Big Eck driving the fans away?

I think you could not gain another point the rest of the season and stay up the bottom 3 are that bad.

We're 6 points off Liverpool...
Original post by little_wizard123
We're 6 points off Liverpool...

That amount of points has taken you 6 games to amass. Look at your next 6 fixtures :wink:
That amount of points has taken you 6 games to amass. Look at your next 6 fixtures :wink:

We'll beat Bolton, we should've won the in the cup at Arsenal and we beat Chelsea earlier in the season, and tend to beat them at home. We'll then overtake Liverpool when we go to Anfield.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. :holmes:
boring boring aston villaaa
Back for more, Sir? :gah:
We'll beat Bolton, we should've won the in the cup at Arsenal and we beat Chelsea earlier in the season, and tend to beat them at home. We'll then overtake Liverpool when we go to Anfield.

A valid one :wink:
It's all well and good saying 'only' 6 points when you only win 1 in 4 games.
A valid one :wink:
It's all well and good saying 'only' 6 points when you only win 1 in 4 games.

Yet they're only 6 points ahead of us :wink:
buzzing after today, about time we scored a last minute winner rather than the opposition. I admit though I was one of the ones who booed when they took off N'Zogbia for Weimann
Reply 1273
I was suprised that is was Charlie who was taken off. Herd didn't do much for me today and I thought we could have done without him and a second striker on much earlier!
Reply 1274

I wish I had your confidence. :p:
Original post by Phalanges
I wish I had your confidence. :p:

We're closer to Liverpool in 7th than we are to Blackburn (two positions below us). Considering we've played abysmally and have had some shocking results, we're safe with 10 games to go.

I'm not confident at all but at least I can hope that we start to try and play with a bit more freedom now that we're safe. Instead I'm sure that fans will still be on the manager's back, maybe we should be doing better but meh. We were awful defensively (well, all over the pitch) last season and still came 9th.

Today's win is a massive relief tbh. No idea where we're going to go from here, but not having to worry about relegation is pretty nice.
We were never really in danger of going down, not because we don't deserve to but simply because there is some absolute dross down there this time out.

We've got a reasonable set of home games to come so if we can get a couple of wins from those and pick up a few odd points here and there we might not be completely embarrassed. The only problem then is that Mcleish might still be in the job :afraid:

Not long until MON makes his great return to VP :gah:
Reply 1277
We're closer to Liverpool in 7th than we are to Blackburn (two positions below us). Considering we've played abysmally and have had some shocking results, we're safe with 10 games to go.

I'm not confident at all but at least I can hope that we start to try and play with a bit more freedom now that we're safe. Instead I'm sure that fans will still be on the manager's back, maybe we should be doing better but meh. We were awful defensively (well, all over the pitch) last season and still came 9th.

Today's win is a massive relief tbh. No idea where we're going to go from here, but not having to worry about relegation is pretty nice.

Oh no, I share your confidence in that we're not going to get relegated. It's the 9 points from Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea I'm a bit more shaky on. :p:
What a strike from Weimann :sogood::dice::sogood::coma::sexface:

:party:
Reply 1279
Original post by Phalanges
Oh no, I share your confidence in that we're not going to get relegated. It's the 9 points from Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea I'm a bit more shaky on. :p:

I'm not bothered about Liverpool or Chelsea. I think we could get four points off of them. Arsenal on the other hand, will tear us a new one if RVP stays fit.

Latest