The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society II

It took us almost 5 years to get there, but we finally managed to fill up a thread (and a dupe of dumbdumb managed to get the 10,000th post, ironically enough).

Over the course of the society's existence we have seen the sacking of O'Leary and the deconstruction of his good team of honest lads, the rise and fall of O'Neill, and the recent times under O'Houllier. After a failed season on all accounts we still managed a fairly respectable 9th place, which many would have taken in a heartbeat a few months ago. This is a place for discussing anything and everything Villa related.

Previous thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=257946

:king2: Rock Fan - 1,217
:king3: Colbert - 1,145
good mermington - 803
tropical-twist3 - 417
Tobydch - 328
RobbieC - 286
one2three_abc - 255
V1NY - 252
Ascient - 221

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:party2:

Ah man not in the top posters. I was sure at least half my posts were in that thread since I joined.

End of season stats (Prem only) :h:

Goals scored
Bent - 9
Downing - 7
Ashley Young - 7
Albrighton - 5
Agbonlahor - 3
Heskey - 3
Clark - 3
Collins - 3
Delfouneso - 1
Petrov - 1
Luke Young - 1
Walker - 1

Assists
Young - 11
Downing - 9
Albrighton - 7
Walker - 3
Petrov - 2
Warnock - 2
Agbonlahor - 1
Bent - 1
Heskey - 1
Bannan - 1
Reo-Coker - 1
Cuellar - 1
Dunne - 1
Luke Young - 1

Yellow cards
Clark - 9
Warnock - 8
Ashley Young - 8
Petrov - 6
Collins - 5
Reo-Coker - 5
Dunne - 4
Walker - 3
Albrighton - 3
Makoun - 3
Heskey - 3
Agbonlahor - 3
Cuellar - 2
Friedel - 2
Luke Young - 1
Bannan - 1
Delph - 1

Red cards
Makoun - 1
Heskey - 1

Minutes played
Friedel - 3420 (38 full games)
Downing - 3385
Ashley Young - 3050
Collins - 2854
Dunne - 2717
Reo-Coker - 2071
Luke Young - 2070 (23 full games)
Petrov - 2065
Albrighton - 1800 (20 full games)
Warnock - 1710 (19 full games)
Agbonlahor - 1603
Clark - 1569
Bent - 1398
Walker - 1341
Cuellar - 894
Heskey - 892
Bannan - 640
Makoun - 551
Carew - 538
Ireland - 504
Delph - 414
Delfouneso - 398
Pires - 254
Baker - 247
Beye - 182
Herd - 110
Bradley - 31

Own goals
Dunne - 1

Its not complete though, for exampe Milner isn't on there, nor is Hogg, Lichaj, Weimann...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by hogso

Original post by hogso
:party2:

Ah man not in the top posters. I was sure at least half my posts were in that thread since I joined.

End of season stats (Prem only) :h:

Its not complete though, for exampe Milner isn't on there, nor is Hogg, Lichaj, Weimann...

Are there any stats on penalties given away? :teeth:

You only had 162 posts. :sad:
Reply 3
Ay now theres a thought. I shall make enquiries.
Reply 4
*Subscribes*
Reply 5
Subbing.

I reckon you'll be comfortably a top half side next year providing Bent stays fit and the summer window isn't disastrous. Excluding any potential player sales how much cash do you think you'll be able to spend?
Reply 6
Maybe Houllier will splash out for the new Zidane :awesome:
Reply 7
Original post by Louis.

Original post by Louis.
I reckon you'll be comfortably a top half side next year providing Bent stays fit and the summer window isn't disastrous. Excluding any potential player sales how much cash do you think you'll be able to spend?

I don't think we'll have x amount, it will probably be specific to any players the manager wants that seem reasonable. So depending on who's available it could be enough to get a couple of top rate players, a handful of squad members, or even no-one. Although if we get a quick sale from Young I'd imagine that all of that money will be available.
Reply 8
What's happening with Houllier btw, he's not gonna be staying is he? :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Without Bent, you'd of been in real trouble.

Great signing.
If we start next season with Houllier knowing he could drop at any moment whilst Ancelotti and Benitez are both looking to stay in England I'd be furious :colonhash:

A Darren Bent standard 20 goal season should see us end up 8th next year. Looking forward to it already.

Oh and MON has the cheek to show is face again. Crumble away Martin :wavey:
Reply 11
Original post by Mess.
Maybe Houllier will splash out for the new Zidane :awesome:

You didn't know? We already have him. Signed him a few years back, his name is Salifou
Original post by hogso
You didn't know? We already have him. Signed him a few years back, his name is Salifou

What was Berson then? The new Vieira?
Sad news regarding Downing. :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by Kidioteque

Sad news regarding Downing. :frown:

Very disappointing considering he pledged to stay at the club a couple of months ago even if we went on to be relegated because we had stuck by him when he was injured and he felt he owed the club in return. I guess talk is cheap.
Original post by Phalanges
Very disappointing considering he pledged to stay at the club a couple of months ago even if we went on to be relegated because we had stuck by him when he was injured and he felt he owed the club in return. I guess talk is cheap.

My thoughts exactly. He's gone from hero-to-zero in my eyes; I thought he was different to the likes of Barry/Milner but perhaps not. Anyway, only time will tell.
Reply 16

My thoughts exactly. He's gone from hero-to-zero in my eyes; I thought he was different to the likes of Barry/Milner but perhaps not. Anyway, only time will tell.

Well, let's not blow it too far out of proportion until it's confirmed/further down the line. It might amount to nothing, but but on face value it's disappointing.
Downing said something similar whilst at 'Boro.

Talk is indeed cheap.
Original post by Phalanges
Well, let's not blow it too far out of proportion until it's confirmed/further down the line. It might amount to nothing, but but on face value it's disappointing.

Yeah, I know what you mean but equally, even if he doesn't leave, the fact that he's publicly contradicted himself on the matter within the space of weeks frustrates me. :hmmm:
Reply 19

Yeah, I know what you mean but equally, even if he doesn't leave, the fact that he's publicly contradicted himself on the matter within the space of weeks frustrates me. :hmmm:

With footballers I don't think you ever really know how much is just bull**** made up by bored journalists or agents putting words in their mouths.

Latest