The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Could you travel from Preston to Manchester for nights out if at UCLAN Uni...?

I was curious as to whether people travel from preston to manchester to go clubbing or nights out. I am going to UCLAN University this september, and wanted some views from others who may have attended the UNi too.
I am currently at UCLAN and I have not travelled from Preston to Manchester for nights out as Preston already has some good clubs etc but Manchester is not too far away so you could. I know people who have travelled to Liverpool for nights out so I don't see why Manchester would be a problem. Hope this helps :smile:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Coming from the area and knowing someone who attends the uni, I would expect people mostly stick in Preston - I get the impression that there is plenty enough there in terms of restaurants, bars and clubs. Both Blackpool and Manchester are close enough for a foray (though I'm not sure about transport issues in the early hours of the morning in terms of getting back to Preston, I've only ever been out properly in a lovely town somewhere in between two of the three places mentioned!).
Reply 3
The uni puts a bus on to manchester once or twice a year I think. It can be done by train to either Manchester or Liverpool, but I think the earliest train back is around 5-6am.
I haven't done it but it seems a nice change from the stuff in Preston
Reply 4
Its pretty much down the road, easy to get too, same with Liverpool pretty much and Blackpool is like 10 mins away.

Preston is pretty good for a night out anyway, but yeah if you want a change or to see someone its easy travel.
It is possible, return tickets are now £16 without the student card, Preston is apparently a good night though, I guess if you wanted to go to Manchester you could stay in AXM until the morning (AXM normally shuts at around 9am) and just hop on the train back after.
Reply 6
ive been out in manchester a few times while at uclan, although preston is a good night out!!
Reply 7
First train back on a saturday is at 4.15 and considering most clubs are open till at least 3 or 4 it's very do-able.
Reply 8
it's manageable but I think there's clubs in preston too; there are a lot of pubs and apparently a new club is opening on the high street.
Reply 9
I'm probably going to be travelling to Manchester a lot for gigs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending