The Student Room Group

Ladies' Black Leather Biker Jackets - High Quality - Where to Buy?

Scroll to see replies

is it actually for use on a motorbike or just for the purpose of looking good??:tongue:
Reply 21

Thanks again, but I can see what's next on the wish-list. Authentic American Levi's jeans and custom made cowboy boots probably. Ha ha. This woman thinks I'm made of money.:rolleyes:
Reply 22
Original post by HonestBob

:eek:I don't like it tbh.
Reply 23
Original post by aarora
:eek:I don't like it tbh.

Tell that to our American cousins. Like i said, you see that particular style of leather jacket on women everywhere over there.
Good point, but I don't think the bulkier PJDeals jacket is really that much heavier. Like we were saying, that style is everywhere in America. I doubt American girls aren't in any way stronger or tougher than our British ladies...Ha ha.:tongue:

Uhm, it will be heavier, it's got armouring in it. (Trust me, I've got motorbike leathers similar to that and just the jacket is quite heavy.)

Why not just ask your girlfriend what kind she'd like, instead of going on and on about "the US fashion". ****'s sake.
Reply 25
I suspect that the good leather-jacketed ladies of the US are walking round wearing biker-style jackets, rather than biker jackets. Unless they are on a bike.

And there's a good reason for that, which quickly becomes apparent when you walk around in a jacket weighing 2.25 kg with extra-wide shoulders and arms you can't bend fully.
If you get her an All Saints biker jacket she's a very, very lucky girl!
Reply 27

My girl is throwing some hints that she'd like a black leather motorcycle style jacket for her birthday.

I know exactly the style of jacket she's looking for.

It's the old 1950s style, chunky, black leather jacket that James Dean wore and motorcyclists still wear. The ladies version is worn by girls all over America, and I'm seeing it more and more over here now. I don't mean the sleak motorcyclist leather jackets we see here, but more of an American biker style.

Anyway, I know my girl, and she only wears top quality merchandise.

Which retailers here in the UK might sell a good quality ladies' leather biker jacket? Any online?

From muubaa
Reply 28
Original post by SHABANA
From muubaa

muubaa?
Reply 30
Reply 31

I hear you. Wow! Nothing makes a woman look sexier than her wearing a leather biker jacket. Pure class.:wink:
My girl is throwing some hints that she'd like a black leather motorcycle style jacket for her birthday.

I know exactly the style of jacket she's looking for.

It's the old 1950s style, chunky, black leather jacket that James Dean wore and motorcyclists still wear. The ladies version is worn by girls all over America, and I'm seeing it more and more over here now. I don't mean the sleak motorcyclist leather jackets we see here, but more of an American biker style.

Anyway, I know my girl, and she only wears top quality merchandise.

Which retailers here in the UK might sell a good quality ladies' leather biker jacket? Any online?

belstaff or diesel
Allsaints, Topshop/RI are ****e.
Thanks again, but I can see what's next on the wish-list. Authentic American Levi's jeans and custom made cowboy boots probably. Ha ha. This woman thinks I'm made of money.:rolleyes:

Levis jeans are hardly pricey
Reply 35
AllSaints do them, but they are very expensive. I got mine from a local leather shop and it is butter-soft. I know Topshop has one right now but it has a black body and taupe/brown sleeves (from memory). I'd suggest a leather shop over somewhere on the high street, definitely.

Edit: Do ensure it's asymmetric at the front - I can almost guarantee that she won't like one with a central zip closure. A belt at the waist is another detail you'll want to look out for.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 36

Is this is the leather jacket that every girl wants this season?
Reply 37
I better watch what I say here because the TSR Moderator fascist ****heel zapped another thread I started recently about ladies leather biker jackets. I used a couple examples from All Saints and wrote how that particular kind of cut was in fashion this season. I even went out of my way to say that any brand will do, it doen't have to be one of the All Saints jackets, but this brainless jerk zapped it, and said I was advertising for All Saints. I wasn't; learn to read jerkoff. By the way, in case you are wondering what cut or style is the one getting the most attention in Europe and America it is SIMMILAR TO BUT DEFINITELY NOT SPECIFICALLY the All Saints Belvedere and the Caledonian model. AGAIN, ANY BRANDS WILL DO. Just look for a similar cut and style as those ones mentioned.
Reply 38
My girl loves the Heston one you posted by All Saints, but I don't see it in this year's catelogue. Got some serious hints from her about how a new leather jacket from AS would be a most welcome gift for her upcoming birthday. Women! They sure are expensive...
Reply 39
Original post by harlar
AllSaints do them, but they are very expensive. I got mine from a local leather shop and it is butter-soft. I know Topshop has one right now but it has a black body and taupe/brown sleeves (from memory). I'd suggest a leather shop over somewhere on the high street, definitely.

Edit: Do ensure it's asymmetric at the front - I can almost guarantee that she won't like one with a central zip closure. A belt at the waist is another detail you'll want to look out for.

Yeah, thanks. A friend in the rag trade tells me ladies' leather biker jackets are selling like mad for this upcoming season. He tells me its the number one selling clothing item in the shops. I think they look great on women, and I'm not just saying that because I got ropped in having to buy one for my girlfriend. Something mysteriously sexy about a girl in a good quality leather biker jacket. Ask any guy, they'll agree.:biggrin:

Quick Reply