The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I really wanted to get that big free blue bag at the exhibition

The medlink bag? Don't worry, it rips in less than two seconds.
Reply 41
itz_ant
The medlink bag? Don't worry, it rips in less than two seconds.

hehe! i got the medlink bag, but at the exibition. this uni was giving away free stuff and i wanted the bag!
Reply 42
I went to Medlink last year. Was a laugh outside of the lectures, quite tiring though having lectures til like 10 at night. Made me decide that I didn't want to do medicine - I'm not committed enough to it. Still, was a laugh and met some cool people, but I was in a big group of people from college, so didn't really get the chance to mingle as much as I would have done had I gone alone lol.
Reply 43
did anybody who was on this last year see the wierd group? who were already coming out of their first lecture when all the other groups were going to the first big morning meeting? i think it was the green group, might be wrong though...
Reply 44
there were loads of weird people this year! Some just came for a laugh
Reply 45
TSR Princess
Some just came for a laugh

Which, of course, made it much more fun for the rest of us :tongue:.
I went to Medlink this year - found it useful and Garry Craven made me laugh :smile: ... although I didn't really get him at first!! I enjoyed both the practicals and the lectures, although some were a bit boring. :rolleyes:

I hated the halls!! I stayed at Cavendish, I was lucky to get an en-suite, but people were coming in at 3am and setting off stick bombs and fire extinguishers so I didn't get much sleep! Sooo exhausted at the end of the 4 days but thought it was a worthwhile experience.

Will be applying to Medicine, but not at Nottingham. :smile:
Reply 47
Was Garry Craven the hilarious man that made us all get up and give each other back massages? Well anyway, he was the ONE good thing about medlink.

I hated it. Complete and utter rubbish.

One thing I learned is that I WON'T be going to campus university and won't be applying anywhere outside London.

How I missed London.
Reply 48
Craven was mad - a bit overenthusiastic IMO. However in his final speech we all gave him a standing ovation! :p:

Nottingham was really nice, except some of the halls were reportedly terrible. However, I'll only be applying to London medical schools as well. I didn't get an en suite bathroom but I shared a bathroom with a friend so it was alright.

I stayed in Ancaster but found I was spending most of my time in Cavendish since.. well, we ate there, and its a long walk back to Ancaster :rolleyes:
Reply 49
Rosalily
I went to Medlink this year - found it useful and Garry Craven made me laugh :smile: ... although I didn't really get him at first!! I enjoyed both the practicals and the lectures, although some were a bit boring. :rolleyes:

he's an actor, not a doctor BTW
Reply 50
Craven is a fraud.
Reply 51
visesh
Craven is a fraud.

Yep, pretty much.
A long walk to ancaster but not to cavendish?!?! haha!
Miles

I knew he was a bit of an arse, but not an actor :eek: How can they get away with such blatant lies?!
Miles

:eek: Really?! I never knew someone could be so enthalled with medicine, but not actually want to do it!

I thought he was funny, but didn't realise he wasn't a doctor.
What about Medsim ppl? Anyone going/been and would like to share their views on it? I'm undecided right now :s-smilie:
Reply 56
I thought Gary Craven was a motivational speaker and not an antor... not that it makes any difference.
He also does other courses like medlink, some not even related to medicine.
eg: He also does the law equivalent to medlink.
Reply 57
OMG Garry Craven isn't a doctor!! He's an actor??? Are you being serious!
Reply 58
You've got understand all these courses aren't quite as selfless as they seem. Basically a bunch of big wigs have realised that there are an awful lot of people very keen to do medicine and are taking advantage of this to make bags of money. Serious BAGS of money. Think about how much profit they must make! And ok the guys on these courses may be really enthusiastic and keen to help you but in reality they're just after something to stick on their CV as well, so they stand out when seeking that first placement. Medlink can be good fun and useful to an extent but just approach it with a healthy degree of cynicism. Yes I have been, and did enjoy it ... but is it really worth what was paid?
Reply 59
nope.

Latest

Trending

Trending