The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics Unit 4 - 21st June 2011

Hi :h:

I haven't seen any thread made for Edexcel Physics Unit 4, so thought of making one so that can we can discuss our doubts and share important notes/tips here.

Anyways, since the exam is less than a month away. How's everyone's preparation going? :smile:

Personally, I find Unit 5 much better than Unit 4 at the moment. :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

hey i am going to give unit 4
Original post by daughterofaprince

hey i am going to give unit 4

How is your prep going? :smile:
Original post by Vampire-Love4ever
How is your prep going? :smile:

terrible, since i had bio and math exam at first i didn't do anything for this unit yet.
i need suggestions, and help:confused:

terrible, since i had bio and math exam at first i didn't do anything for this unit yet.
i need suggestions, and help:confused:

Hmmm. . . Ok. Print out the syllabus and revise according to that from the textbook. Make flash cards for the really important stuff! And if you have the guide then it'll be of great help! And most importantly, do the past papers! ! !
All the best! :h:
ok i am done revising this unit. so what should we do next to prepare
QP?
book questions?
what?

ok i am done revising this unit. so what should we do next to prepare
QP?
book questions?
what?

*Revision notes, just take a print out of the syllabus and learn everything from the textbook/revision guide according to syllabus-making sure that everything is covered.
*Make flash cards for the really important stuff so that you can go through them a day before exam & before going to your centre to give the exam.
*MOST IMPORTANT: PAST PAPERS. Time yourself while doing the papers and correct yourself and find your area of weakness and put extra effort into that. If you are done with the new syllabus papers then practice the old papers for extra practice.

Good luck! :h:
MOST IMPORTANT: PAST PAPERS. Time yourself while doing the papers and correct yourself and find your area of weakness and put extra effort into that. If you are done with the new syllabus papers then practice the old papers for extra practice.
This! :smile: Remember pre exam food = pastpapers!

Lets make this thread active! :smile:
Original post by inspiringsoul

Original post by inspiringsoul
MOST IMPORTANT: PAST PAPERS. Time yourself while doing the papers and correct yourself and find your area of weakness and put extra effort into that. If you are done with the new syllabus papers then practice the old papers for extra practice.
This! :smile: Remember pre exam food = pastpapers!

Lets make this thread active! :smile:

Sure! :biggrin:
To those who don't have the Edexcel A2 Physics Revision Guide.
You can download them from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fs5q4itt24emrxx

http://www.mediafire.com/?vvhbwhjln4lfh04 (answers)

(all thanks to M-H & saadmannan from SF)

Personally, I find it really helpful and the topics are explained briefly to the point (required according to our syllabus). It also has practice questions which are really good. :h:

*As for the revision notes, just take a print out of the syllabus and learn everything from the textbook/revision guide according to syllabus-making sure that everything is covered.
*Make flash cards for the really important stuff so that you can go through them a day before exam & before going to your centre to give the exam.
*MOST IMPORTANT: PAST PAPERS. Time yourself while doing the papers and correct yourself and find your area of weakness and put extra effort into that. If you are done with the new syllabus papers then practice the old papers for extra practice.

Good luck! :h:
i hate the fields topic! especially magnets!
Few stuff that might be helpful!
*Electric Field

(thanks to Rosie2039)
*Capacitance
Original post by cool_beans1993

Original post by cool_beans1993
i hate the fields topic! especially magnets!

:ditto:
Urgh, I am not enjoying this unit at all.
Reply 19
Me neither. I need to throughly revise the theory and principles behind everything. Recently, all the past papers I've done consists of 60% theory which is annoying.... :frown: I like maths =[

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending