The Student Room Group

D1 ocr - 26th may 2011

How did everyone find it?

I thought it was pretty hard :cry2:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah safe. Any one get the 8 mark question?
Reply 2
FK ME that was one one the hardest exams ever
Reply 3
fortunee cookie... im chinese too. so like ma last post!NOW
Reply 4
That exam was a joke... the questions were a lot harder than previous years, and I ran out of time, so missed out at least 15 marks! :frown: A definite FML moment... :wink:
Original post by Cheungieee
FK ME that was one one the hardest exams ever

Yeah tell me about it! What was all that x thing. I wish it was just a standard problem. So much easier!

I'm not actually chinese xD Just studying it at univeristy. I'll like your post anyway though :wink:
Original post by bradderst
That exam was a joke... the questions were a lot harder than previous years, and I ran out of time, so missed out at least 15 marks! :frown: A definite FML moment... :wink:

Fingers crossed for low grade boundries :cool:
Reply 7
Easy :Trollface:
Reply 8
last two question were just wtf. Apparently a friend was telling me how to do the 8 mark question after exam, its not your standard question..
Reply 9
fk you toa
Reply 10
January D1 retake anybody? :P
Reply 11
Where was the sorting question :frown:
Yes D1 retake! Haha i didnt actually find it too bad the questions at the start were quite nice and dykstras and simplex were easy just time consuming, i started that 8 mark question but didnt finish it as i left it to the end and ran out of time!
Reply 13
im in a2 year (did s1 last yr)
that paper was so difficult i feel like crying :frown: i lost 19marks that i know of. say 6 more? 25marks never an A? :frown:
Reply 14
Why this exam was ridiculously hard;

1. The 8 mark question was wrong - everyone i know got 7.6 + x which was 1.9 too much to get the answer they wanted, so i dont know how they expected anyone to get it right.
2. All the other questions took ages to complete which meant you had little or no time to check
3. All the questions were f*cking difficult
Reply 15
This exam was an absolute p*ss-take.

That 8-mark question was just impossible, no matter how I tried to solve it it just didn't seem to come out right. I left almost all my answers in terms of x, which I don't think was right. Several times the next part of the question suggested what the answer to the previous part should have been, and never did I actually have that answer. All in all, I'd say that's by far the hardest D1 paper that's ever existed.

PRAYING for low grade boundaries. :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by houseelf
This exam was an absolute p*ss-take.

That 8-mark question was just impossible, no matter how I tried to solve it it just didn't seem to come out right. I left almost all my answers in terms of x, which I don't think was right. Several times the next part of the question suggested what the answer to the previous part should have been, and never did I actually have that answer. All in all, I'd say that's by far the hardest D1 paper that's ever existed.

PRAYING for low grade boundaries. :frown:

seeing as everyone including me on this thread seemed to struggle, low boundaries shall be a definite :tongue:
Reply 17
Despite getting 95-100% on Past papers in under an hour (Losing marks to simple fractional mess ups in simplex tableau) I only managed about 80% of this paper and RAN OUT OF TIME.

I now won't get the A I need for Uni
Sit on it, OCR.

EDIT: What the **** at having to write an essay in a maths exam? (Referring to the nearly whole two pages of "explain why" questions)
Original post by TheBear785
Why this exam was ridiculously hard;

1. The 8 mark question was wrong - everyone i know got 7.6 + x which was 1.9 too much to get the answer they wanted, so i dont know how they expected anyone to get it right.
2. All the other questions took ages to complete which meant you had little or no time to check
3. All the questions were f*cking difficult

Yes I was 1.9 too much as well. In the end I fudged it. I said "but you minus 1.9 because AB was 1 and FG was 0.9". No idea if that was correct but just wanted to put f*cking QED!!!

So annoyed about this....
Reply 19
what do u think the grade boundaries will be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending