The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

the_sand_man
i can cook most of my flat mates

:biggrin: Teehee.
Poica read my signture it tell you there i find it diffical to write in pargaths sorry
Reply 22
the_sand_man
Poica read my signture it tell you there i find it diffical to write in pargaths sorry

I think if you were just to press Enter twice where you do have paragraphs, that would make it easier to read :smile:

Like I do :smile:

Personally (on TSR), I press Enter after most sentences, unless I'm writing an essay.
Reply 23
There's drink, there's drugs, there's sex, there's cheap shopping, there's an over-indulgence in caffeine (that's all of the stereotypes I can think of for now). Whether you choose to participate in one, some, many or all of these is absolutely your choice.
I think this topic can be best sumed up in the sense, students of all ages at uni must remember they are there for one main point. That point being to learn and forward ones self into the world of work. But hey on the way, the is life outside learning. That being on the way enjoy the freedom ,the fun, cause heck people the is tons of it from being at Uni. Which in its own way will also help students learn and work harder.
Reply 25
bluejeansdave
Which in its own way will also help students learn and work harder.

Hopefully. :wink:

You have to find a balance which suits you, and enforce it upon yourself.
Reply 26
the_sand_man

I wasn't aware that dyslexia made it so that punctuation is completely disregarded, but perhaps I am showing my ignorance here.
Or is it that you make so many mistakes, you choose to leave it out altogether rather than misuse it?
Reply 27
Poica
I wasn't aware that dyslexia made it so that punctuation is completely disregarded, but perhaps I am showing my ignorance here.
Or is it that you make so many mistakes, you choose to leave it out altogether rather than misuse it?

You're being very unfair here. He hasn't misused punctuation - that which is there is correctly used, as far as I can see. I think the only problem he may have (and I'm presuming here!), is stopping mental flow for long enough to form shorter sentences.

Which may or may not be related to his dyslexia. It's probably more indicative of the way he thinks - if everything is interconnected, where exactly do the full stops go?

I do see things as interconnected myself, but when a child, I learnt to draw distinctions between logical or dependant connections (mostly need a comma) or purely conceptual connections (mostly need a new sentence).

But then, I'm not dyslexic, so I can't say anything for sure.

Plus, we've just hijacked a post to discuss something realy quite trivial :rolleyes:
Reply 29
Poica
Jesus man, don't you ever breathe? Do you speak paragraphs in one long go?

:rofl: :dito:
------
He has dyslexia? Sorry :frown:
Reply 30
Not necessarily, no. I for one would prefer to stay in and watch films (and, occasionally, drink) with a select few individuals.
Reply 31
the_sand_man

Every respect, honey, and I apologise for any offence, but is it not possible to use any punctuation? It's just I can't really read something that is completely without it...
Oh, and remember the "Walk of Shame" - fire alarms in halls, and waiting to see who comes out of whose rooms. Oooohhhh!!!
so is it safe to assume that you won't get picked on if you can't afford to drink and couldn't get a pull to save your life? :p:
Summary: if you want to have a brash and clichéd experience, just like the brochure promises, it is very much possible to do so. But it's not mandatory.
Reply 35
gianthead
so is it safe to assume that you won't get picked on if you can't afford to drink and couldn't get a pull to save your life? :p:

I've found people are generally less judgemental and more respecting of your decisions at university, so probably not.
In the first few weeks of uni me and my housemates were drinking and getting drunk everyday. We didn't go out to the clubs but we would get alcohol in the house and invite friends and randomers in for a party.

I definatly drink more. I don't necessarily get wasted all the time but I do drink more regularly e.g I will have 2 pints at the pub quiz. I go out much more to clubs than I did at home. At home I would go into town and to a club once every couple of months and now I'll probably go to a club once a fortnight. That is nothing compared to some of my fellow students but it is enough for me.

I have only slept with one guy while I have been at university and he was a friend of one of my housemates. I don't go out necessarily looking for a guy to bring home but I have done sometimes. I don't think everyone sleeps with everyone at university though I do know of a couple of people who have been extremely promisuous since coming to university. Everyone is different and like others have said, you time at uni is what you make of it.
hi Cheeseybeans, I seem to recognise you, which uni are you at?
I go to Chester. How do you recognise me?
CheesyBeans
I go to Chester. How do you recognise me?
just your name seemed familiar. I must've seen you on the Chester section of the forum. Chester is where I'm going next year :smile: looking foward!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending