The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yet more official confirmation can be found on KCL's website, www.kcl.ac.uk, follow the links to the ugrad prospectus and the Medicine page - they are asking for UKCAT next year.

So glad I'm in this academic year! *prays that she will get grades for entry this time round*.

I don't think this will replace the BMAT yet, notice the BMAT unis aren't taking it up (except Manchester... odd)... though it may do so eventually, in which case we'll probably eventually end up with a universal Medicine entry test a la the MCAT in the US. Not sure what I think about this.

Also Bristol, Birmingham (undergrad), Queen's Belfast and Liverpool don't seem to be doing it, can anyone see anywhere else that isn't? (Or correct me because I've suddenly turned blind?) Anyone willing to bet that their applications go through the roof next year? :wink:
Reply 21
I notice queens arn't using it. I for one think its time they came up with a policy other than grades! Although i did hear they were coming up with their own admissions test....which is cool.
ok perhaps i'm being really dense here. say i get an offer or two for entry to medicine september 2006 but i wasn't sure if i would get my grades. if i missed them i might want to reapply next year. so i wouldn't know whether i needed to take the UKCAT or not until after it was too late to take it. no?
Reply 23
yeah ur right, so u better get those grades!
Reply 24
bright star
ok perhaps i'm being really dense here. say i get an offer or two for entry to medicine september 2006 but i wasn't sure if i would get my grades. if i missed them i might want to reapply next year. so i wouldn't know whether i needed to take the UKCAT or not until after it was too late to take it. no?

Probably. In which case they'd say 'tough', I imagine. Because they hate our year, what with top-up fees being introduced as well! Or you could apply to BMAT or non-UKCAT unis. But yeah, fair point. I wonder how long a delay there will be between sitting the exam and getting results - ie would everyone have to wait til October before finalising their application (seeing as the point of taking it in the summer is so you know before you apply)?
Reply 25
bright star

perhaps you could register and take the test in the summer just in case you dont get the grades?

im sure you'll get the grades you're needing anyway! :smile:
well need an offer as well first......lol

Latest

Trending

Trending