The Student Room Group

Forensic Psychology Work Experience?

I graduate with a BSc Psychology degree this summer with a view to getting myself on a Forensic Psychology masters at some point within the next years or so but I'm not sure where I can get the relevant work experience that would get me onto a course. I currently have no work experience in either psychology or the criminal justice system so if anyone could give me some suggestions as to what work experience would be most beneficial and would make my CV look good I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Start by looking at www.do-it.org.uk to see if there are any relevant voluntary opportunities, such as prison visiting/supporting people on probation etc.
Try www.jobs.nhs.uk for vacancies in secure facilities, as well as your local paper for other related jobs.
Otherwise, get something related that will give you useful skills, such as on a psychiatric ward/with homeless people etc.
Reply 2
bump - good question
hey

I have just graduated in psychology this year aswell. I am going to do my PGC post grad certificate (which is basically 1/3 of a masters) in forensic psychology. I did not have any experience either and want to do so this year as well as study. I did get onto the course without any experience though, so you should go for it anyway. Ive choosen to do PGC this acd year because of money and need work aswell, so taking my time. Im not sure what I plan on doing, I can conti to do whole masters or come out with a PGC in forensic psychology and see what I can get with that. Probz go into doing more experienc at that point.
Reply 4
Hi,

I am looking to gain experience via work in relating to forensic psychology because I would like to carry on with a Masters etc next year. Has anyone found work in that department or does anyone have advice?

Kind Regards,

Konov
Reply 5
Original post by kayelove
Hi,

I am looking to gain experience via work in relating to forensic psychology because I would like to carry on with a Masters etc next year. Has anyone found work in that department or does anyone have advice?
Reply 6
I found a job at a mental hospital which should help me gain experience in forensic psychology. Therefore I shall apply to do my masters.
Hi Kayelove,I am looking at gaining experience before I pursue a masters in forensic psychology. May I ask what sort of job it is you're doing at the hospital? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending