The Student Room Group

potential 2012 optometry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
**** you cardiff. At least have the decency to reply to my email after you reject me :angry:

I knowwwwwww!!! What the frick is wrong with them?!! Have they even got a reason to reject us.. Kmt.. I emailed the same email 3 times and still haven't heard anything since 2 weeks.. -.-
Reply 381
this manchester interview has drawn exam revision to a halt! can't wait till it's over -.-
who else is going there on wednesday? :smile:
Reply 382
Original post by ravsingh
this manchester interview has drawn exam revision to a halt! can't wait till it's over -.-
who else is going there on wednesday? :smile:

mee! do we have to stay til 3 or can we leave before then? :smile: 2 1/2 hour drive so cba with rush hour traffic
Reply 383
hellooo everyone :smile:
just hoping if someone could give me some advice..
I'm an international applicant who is like planning to go for optometry next year..
Is optometry very competitive for international students and if i have taken bio,chem & maths in A level, will i be disadvantaged ?
Reply 384
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Sorry I've been gone; busy. Nice to see everyone's offers.

Just got an email to check track - wondered if it would be GC, but nope. It was Manchester rejecting me. Knew it would happen; my grades aren't good enough anyway.

Sorry to hear that.
What are your stats ?
Reply 385
Original post by Salmaa!
mee! do we have to stay til 3 or can we leave before then? :smile: 2 1/2 hour drive so cba with rush hour traffic

The e-mail just said that the day finishes at half 3 so i haven't got a clue tbh :redface: some people from my school that went for pharmacy interviews there last week said that they give you a tour of the uni first then they do interviews afterwards so if that's the case I'm guessing it will be near enough 3 depending on what time u get for the interview! where are you driving down from then? :smile:
Original post by aqua05
Sorry to hear that.
What are your stats ?

Not sure. The school don't tell us invade we start pleading with the teachers or blame them if we don't get any offers.
But on parents evening they seemed to be A(maths)BB(economics and biology). I also have a few days work experience at both an optometrist's and with an orthoptist in a hospital, so I reckon that strengthens my application a bit...
Reply 387
The e-mail just said that the day finishes at half 3 so i haven't got a clue tbh :redface: some people from my school that went for pharmacy interviews there last week said that they give you a tour of the uni first then they do interviews afterwards so if that's the case I'm guessing it will be near enough 3 depending on what time u get for the interview! where are you driving down from then? :smile:

aw dammit! ah well, and middlesbrough, gonna be in the car for longer than i'm in the uni :tongue:
Reply 388
Original post by Salmaa!
aw dammit! ah well, and middlesbrough, gonna be in the car for longer than i'm in the uni :tongue:

oh blimey! you think that's bad but you'll be home before I even leave manchester :frown: megabus leaves at half 5 FML :/ 2 hours to get home as well *sigh* not looking forward to wednesday at all!
Reply 389
Hey guys, just wondering what you all thought of Bradford? Is it a nice city in general? Expensive? Heard some pretty bad reviews! And what is the uni like for Optom? :smile:

I live outside of England (still in the UK) so am a bit unsure as to whether Bradford is a good choice or not..
Reply 390
hello!
my application was processed by ucas on the 2nd november, so far ive had 3 offers:
London City-A*AA, (what is up with them?!)
Cardiff -AAA
Aston-AAA
I've also had a letter inviting me to Bradford for an applicant open day for a chance to meet me as an applicant on the 1st Feb, interview??!
waiting to hear from Plymouth as this was going to be my insurance choice behind Cardiff as my first.. just wondering how many other people have had offers from plymouth and what they are?
Reply 391
oh blimey! you think that's bad but you'll be home before I even leave manchester :frown: megabus leaves at half 5 FML :/ 2 hours to get home as well *sigh* not looking forward to wednesday at all!

ah well, that makes me feel better.. sucks for u though :wink: and i know right, spent more time on preparing for the interview than i have for revising for exams, can't wait for it to be over!
Reply 392
Original post by rw1994

Original post by rw1994
hello!
my application was processed by ucas on the 2nd november, so far ive had 3 offers:
London City-A*AA, (what is up with them?!)
Cardiff -AAA
Aston-AAA
I've also had a letter inviting me to Bradford for an applicant open day for a chance to meet me as an applicant on the 1st Feb, interview??!
waiting to hear from Plymouth as this was going to be my insurance choice behind Cardiff as my first.. just wondering how many other people have had offers from plymouth and what they are?

Hey :smile:
I sent my application off on oct 10th and i still havnt heard form cardiff (weird)! I havnt heard from plymouth either, i was also thinking cardiff then possibly plymouth not that i have been to see plymouth.
I went to the first bradford visit day/inteview (23rd nov) and its nothing to really worry about just a chat rather than an inteview, and show you round the dept.
well done for your other offers! :smile:
Reply 393
Quite nervous for this interview on wednesday! Haven't prepared anything yet and have to fly over tomorrow evening so sort of leaving it last minute haha What sort of things are the girls wearing to this interview day?!
Reply 394
Original post by hpsauce07
Hey :smile:
I sent my application off on oct 10th and i still havnt heard form cardiff (weird)! I havnt heard from plymouth either, i was also thinking cardiff then possibly plymouth not that i have been to see plymouth.
I went to the first bradford visit day/inteview (23rd nov) and its nothing to really worry about just a chat rather than an inteview, and show you round the dept.
well done for your other offers! :smile:

oh thanks, thats good to know, nothing to get nervous about then? they didnt make it clear! so did you get an offer after this? and if so what is it conditional on?:smile:
Reply 395
Original post by rw1994

Original post by rw1994
oh thanks, thats good to know, nothing to get nervous about then? they didnt make it clear! so did you get an offer after this? and if so what is it conditional on?:smile:

Yea i got a conditional offer, AB in further maths and biology, i already have an A in Maths so bassically AAB offer :smile:
Reply 396
Original post by Salmaa!
ah well, that makes me feel better.. sucks for u though :wink: and i know right, spent more time on preparing for the interview than i have for revising for exams, can't wait for it to be over!

yup it's gonna be a sucky day, but hopefully interview goes well :smile: arr yeah same story here! Is this the last place you're waiting on? it is for me so after this, it's just getting the grades :redface: do u know if it's going to be a panel interview or just like a one on one? panels are scary :rolleyes:
Reply 397
yup it's gonna be a sucky day, but hopefully interview goes well :smile: arr yeah same story here! Is this the last place you're waiting on? it is for me so after this, it's just getting the grades :redface: do u know if it's going to be a panel interview or just like a one on one? panels are scary :rolleyes:

Ah man, tell me about it.. My coach leaves at 00:30 from London and arrives at manchester at 7:30.. -.- I'm gonna get the worst sleep tonight..

And btw, it's a one to one interview.. So it's not that bad.. And there is a high success rate.. :smile:
Reply 398
Original post by Fardip
Ah man, tell me about it.. My coach leaves at 00:30 from London and arrives at manchester at 7:30.. -.- I'm gonna get the worst sleep tonight..

And btw, it's a one to one interview.. So it's not that bad.. And there is a high success rate.. :smile:

oh wow :/ takes 7 hours from london? maybe I was wrong thinking that I had it bad! aha and thanks for that! much less nerve racking when there's only one person :smile: yeah I just re-read the letter and it says about high success rate but still that makes it even worse when/if I get rejected :redface: would be quite embarrasing!
Reply 399
Hey, i've also got an interview tomo, long trip from london...was wondering if anyone has any idea of the type of questions that might come up other than the standard ones 'Why optom' etc ... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest