The Student Room Group

potential 2012 optometry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Hi, What are the guys wearing for tomorrows Manchester interview?
Should i wear a full suit?
Reply 401
Original post by Alisha.S
Hey, i've also got an interview tomo, long trip from london...was wondering if anyone has any idea of the type of questions that might come up other than the standard ones 'Why optom' etc ... :smile:

Your from London too?? How you getting there tomorrow?? I'm getting national express from Victoria at 00:30.. That journey is mission.. lol

Appearantly they ask you stuff about your personal statement.. :s-smilie:
Reply 402
Original post by one2three
Hi, What are the guys wearing for tomorrows Manchester interview?
Should i wear a full suit?

I'm wearing a full suit most probably, with an overcoat.. And i'm sure you can't give a wrong impression with that.. :wink:
Reply 403
Who else is coming from London for the Manchester Interview tommorow??
You never know, i could meet some of you in the coach.. :P
Reply 404
im going by train tomoro morning 7.20 ish but leave there at around 5pm going to have to wait around for a while...woah! you have a long trip ahead!
Reply 405
im going by train tomoro morning 7.20 ish but leave there at around 5pm going to have to wait around for a while...woah! you have a long trip ahead!

Ohh your going by train! Lucky!! I'd have gone by train too, then I realised my train ticket was gonna be £90 when i was gonna book it. I ain't paying that just for an interview! lol how much was your ticket?

lol I'm gonna arrive at Manchester by the time you leave.. *sigh* lol
Reply 406
Hey have any of you covered anything on the eyes at sixth form/college? :smile:
Reply 407
It was around £42 still pretty expensive!...are you going straight to the uni when u arrive?
Hey have any of you covered anything on the eyes at sixth form/college? :smile:

Not yet, but we do a little bit about the eyes in biology might be a few monta before we do though.

Can't speak for any other subjects; I only do maths and economics, not a lot to study there! (although I hear physics does lenses?)
Reply 409
Yeah same here...Im hoping they dont ask too much technical stuff lol
Reply 410
It was around £42 still pretty expensive!...are you going straight to the uni when u arrive?

What the hell!! That's cheap when i was looking for prices..! Lol i'd have gone with train for that.. Oh well..
I have no idea what i'm gonna do.. Probably gonna go McDonalds or any local library and read through some optom stuff and maybe practice etc.. So Lonely lol

Erhm, i haven't covered the Eye yet in bio.. doing that in my last module, which is in june.. :/ you? I doubt they will ask you those questions.. THey're more interested in your work experience and why you applied here etc..
Reply 411
Lool ahh gonna be a lengthy wait...yeah its alright - virgin Trains :smile: ...Same its in my last module
Reply 412
Lool ahh gonna be a lengthy wait...yeah its alright - virgin Trains :smile: ...Same its in my last module

You preparing for your interview..?
Reply 413
Original post by Fardip
You preparing for your interview..?

HIIIII. can you put all the choices as optometry? all 5 choices?
Reply 414
yeahh...ahh soo unpredictable what they gonna ask...havent been to any interviews yet tomo is my first...wbu?...

Yeah i have put all 5 choices as Optom
Reply 415
yes i have done exactly that
Reply 416
Can a high street optician prescribe drugs or does the patient get reffered to a hospital...i.e. patient with glaucoma?
Reply 417
Can a high street optician prescribe drugs or does the patient get reffered to a hospital...i.e. patient with glaucoma?

I knoww!! i'm looking at the Optom 2011 thread and looked what they said.. They got given maths questions like what's sin45... I just hope i know the questions.. lol They will put you under pressure though..

What subjects you doing btw?

Yeah you can put all 5 as optometry, not like medicine where you put 4.. And i applied all 5.. :smile:
Reply 418
lool if they ask me that im going to have to ask them for a calculator haha!!
Reply 419

Optometrist can prescribe drugs, Optician only fit glasses. A patient who is diagnosed with glaucoma by an optometrist can be referred to a hospital if needed.. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest