Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

potential 2012 optometry applicants

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got my second offer from my first choice- Aston! So happy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed City and put Anglia Ruskin as insurance!

Just a quick question though: say if I put an AS module as pending on my ucas form but I then decide I don't want to resit it anymore is that still possible? Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anglloydo)
    Just got my second offer from my first choice- Aston! So happy
    i am a high school student and i am considering optometry as a profession, so if you dont mind me asking,
    what did you get in your gsces and a levels? :rolleyes:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Just got an email from Cardiff (desired first choice) I don't have an offer after all. They must have sent me my letter by mistake I don't really know what to do. The admissions person was so blunt. She just said 'oh, just looked at your application and were still making a decision' but I had my letter
    Any ideas on what to do about it?
    I was thinking of emailing Richard Earlams directly instead of the general admissions office. Thoughts?

• 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, just spoke to Richard - theres been a blockage with my application in the transition from uni to Ucas
    I do have an offer after all
    it'll be on UCAS within a few days
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahmac4)
    Hy there any Glasgow Caledonian applicants out there . Congrats to ?!master?!mini?! On unconditional so jealous
    I'v applied to Glasgow Caledonian but I'm from up in scotland. Applied to manchester too and got an interview in february. Don't really know what the entry requirements are for scottish students though
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jo-lo)
    I'v applied to Glasgow Caledonian but I'm from up in scotland. Applied to manchester too and got an interview in february. Don't really know what the entry requirements are for scottish students though
    Hy What grades do you have? Have you heard anything yet?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has glasgow replied to anyone??
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodieeee....)
    Hey guys. Just got an email from Cardiff (desired first choice) I don't have an offer after all. They must have sent me my letter by mistake I don't really know what to do. The admissions person was so blunt. She just said 'oh, just looked at your application and were still making a decision' but I had my letter
    Any ideas on what to do about it?
    I was thinking of emailing Richard Earlams directly instead of the general admissions office. Thoughts?

You have NO idea how much seeing this post has scared me this past few days. I was thinkin got myself, i'll give it until wednesday evening, and if track isnt updated, I'm emailing the department

And it JUST came through

Offer is AAA in maths biology and chemistry (they are completely disregarding french, not happy about that, but anyway)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooooo.nisah)
    i am a high school student and i am considering optometry as a profession, so if you dont mind me asking,
    what did you get in your gsces and a levels? :rolleyes:
    Well, I know it isn't me you've asked, but I got A*A*AAAAAAAB at GCSE (A*s and As in sciences, As in humanities, B in French).
    At AS I got BBCC. Predicted ABB for A2. Offer from Anglia, rejected by Manchester. Waiting on Ulster and Caley.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinguuu)
    Has glasgow replied to anyone??
    Not as far as I'm aware.
    They haven't replied to me yet.

I reckon they're waiting until AFTER THE DEADLINE (I keep repeating this but no-one seems to listen) before replying. They're like Ulster in that respect.
    Offers should begin to come in next week.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
    Not as far as I'm aware.
    They haven't replied to me yet.

I reckon they're waiting until AFTER THE DEADLINE (I keep repeating this but no-one seems to listen) before replying. They're like Ulster in that respect.
    Offers should begin to come in next week.
    thanks
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screamingduck)
    You have NO idea how much seeing this post has scared me this past few days. I was thinkin got myself, i'll give it until wednesday evening, and if track isnt updated, I'm emailing the department

And it JUST came through

Offer is AAA in maths biology and chemistry (they are completely disregarding french, not happy about that, but anyway)
    Ahh well done!!!!
    maybe all of ours got blocked so when i said mine was they updated everyones??
    i dno what the hell happened but i think it was the generall admisssions' fault.
    coz as far as the optom dept knew they made me an offer
    If it was anywhere else i probably would have let it go, but this is my first choice so
    Anyway
    my offer is on track now AAA Bio Maths Photography.
    well done again
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just recieved my second offer from Aston - AAA.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got my third offer from Cardiff - AAA

Did anyone else get an offer without an interview? I was under the impression that they always interview for optom
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got offers from city or anglia?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Glad that the Manchester interview is after exams and in the feb half term yay...what did everyone wear to the interview before?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9427S)
    I got an offer same-day from Anglia and I know there's a few other people who do.
    I'm pretty sure there's some city offers floating around too, but I didn't apply there so I don't know.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tina_1517)
    Glad that the Manchester interview is after exams and in the feb half term yay...what did everyone wear to the interview before?
    Shift Dress with Blazer
    People were quite casual though.
    like black skinny jeans with a nice top
    although some in suits.
    just be comfortable really?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9427S)
    I got an offers from Anglia and Aston. Now i'm waiting for City and Plymouth.
    I sent my application just before the christmas hols.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 25, 2013
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.