The Student Room Group

potential 2012 optometry applicants

Scroll to see replies

I'm starting to get that tingly feeling about university.. Anyone else really looking forward to September :smile:
Original post by I<3Gul
I'm starting to get that tingly feeling about university.. Anyone else really looking forward to September :smile:

Yeah... Excited but also scared since I'm in NI right now and I'd most likely be moving to England.

In other news, I liked AR today and am likely to out it as firm/backup once I get offers
Reply 582
offer from plymouth!
Reply 583
Original post by rw1994
offer from plymouth!

congrats!
same! :biggrin:
although mines kinda confusing.
Reply 584
Original post by jo-lo
congrats!
same! :biggrin:
although mines kinda confusing.

why was it confusing?! congrats to you too :smile:
Original post by Master.K
CITY OFFER FINALLY! :woo: :woo: :party: - FIRM! :biggrin:

Congrats !!!

I remember my offer back in November. As soon as it came through I declined my other choices and put it as my firm :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 586
Original post by Jodieeee....
Nopee!!!
Really annoying because I know I wont go there, but because theyre being really picky about offers I want to see if I'll actually get one before rejecting it :P
I emailed them to find out.
That sounds impatient but I worded it well and still havent had a reply from that :s-smilie:

It's so annoying, they're the only ones who haven't replied yet! If I get an offer I'll probably put Plymouth as my insurance choice. Who's your firm/insurance?
Nah it doesn't sound impatient, makes them think you're eager to go there :P let me know when they reply anyways :smile:
Original post by rw1994
offer from plymouth!

SAME!!
Mines lower than the entry requirements so I'm really happy.
They've done it by points too!so they want 340 points but want an A in maths and a B in biology. Really happy about the B in biology! As all my 4 other offers are all A in biology :biggrin:
cardiff firm, Plymouth insurance
Original post by anglloydo
It's so annoying, they're the only ones who haven't replied yet! If I get an offer I'll probably put Plymouth as my insurance choice. Who's your firm/insurance?
Nah it doesn't sound impatient, makes them think you're eager to go there :P let me know when they reply anyways :smile:

They didn't reply in the end. They gave me my offer on Monday! I said bradford would be my insurance unless Plymouth gave me lower. And they did!! They want a B in biology :biggrin: which is what I'm predicted! So its cardiff firm Plymouth insurance. Would hate to stay in Plymouth though its just a safety net. Really really want cardiff! What about you?
Reply 589
SAME!!
Mines lower than the entry requirements so I'm really happy.
They've done it by points too!so they want 340 points but want an A in maths and a B in biology. Really happy about the B in biology! As all my 4 other offers are all A in biology :biggrin:
cardiff firm, Plymouth insurance

yeaah i've been offered 340, which is AAB, isnt it? soo i need to get an A in chem and an A in physics and a B in one of my other two!
Cardiff's my firm and plymouths insurance too! :smile:
Original post by Master.K
Haha that was the last uni I was waiting on, but I withdrew my application as soon as my City offer came through.
I wanted to get an offer from City so baaad! :lol: I firmed them ASAP and Insured ARU. :smile:

What is your first choice?

Ahhhh well it was Cardiff firm and Bradford insurance.
My Cardiff offer messed up and i had to ring up about it because i got the letter but nothing on ucas.
so i used that excuse to email plymouth, saying i was worried it happened again etc etc. well yeah they never replied to me anyway...
I said to myself if they didnt make an offer by today i'd withdraw.
the only reason I was hanging on is just because they could offer lower than bradford (and they did!) in which case i'd choose plymouth.
I live in plymouth, so really dont wanna stay at home... but i'd rather do an optometry course than not get into Uni this year!!
not only that, but it gives me drive to get into cardiff and not plymouth :P

im just about to finalise on ucas.
omg so exciting :biggrin::biggrin:
Cardiff firm
Plymouth insurance.
its all going so fast!! my student finance stuff came in the post today its like ahhh slow down!
Reply 591
Original post by rw1994
why was it confusing?! congrats to you too :smile:

because I'm from up in scotland and they wanted me to gget an A in higher biology but I already have that from last year.
Reply 592
Manchester want AAB.. ( A in bio and maths )... Is it just me or getting an A in bio seems a bit hard.. with just the fact that bio is getting all high tech and a bit more detailed than expected..

:s-smilie:
Original post by Sammy94
Manchester want AAB.. ( A in bio and maths )... Is it just me or getting an A in bio seems a bit hard.. with just the fact that bio is getting all high tech and a bit more detailed than expected..

:s-smilie:

It's difficult, I won't lie.
But you just have to memorise the stuff, frankly...

Anyone going to the Ulster (Coleraine campus) applicant day next Saturday?
Reply 594
They didn't reply in the end. They gave me my offer on Monday! I said bradford would be my insurance unless Plymouth gave me lower. And they did!! They want a B in biology :biggrin: which is what I'm predicted! So its cardiff firm Plymouth insurance. Would hate to stay in Plymouth though its just a safety net. Really really want cardiff! What about you?

Well done on your offer! They rejected me in the end :/ so I emailed them asking why and they said cause I lack relevant work exp. Which I was pretty gutted about cos I don't think that's true since I've been working at Specsavers for quite a while :P it looked like a generic email so they might've said that just to give me some sort of answer or something. Quite annoying since I wanted to put them as my insurance choice but oh well :smile:

Yeah Cardiff is great, but I've lived here my whole life so kinddd of wanna move away :P it is the best place for optom though and since plymouth has rejected me now i'll probably firm them :smile: we're like opposites ha living in Cardiff and Plymouth but wanting to move somewhere else! Did you go to Cardiff open day on the 1st? x
I get the impression lots of people are still waiting on Plymouth (or at least they have certainly taken their time) I really want to accept my firm and insurance but as of yet am holding out because I have heard great things about Plymouth. Otherwise I am now tossing up between Cardiff and Bradford as my firm. (I was staggered at how quickly Bradford sent out a letter saying they were making me an offer after the "interview/informal chat" on Wednesday, however it hasn't yet come through on UCAS...) so looking forward to September... :biggrin:
Reply 596
Hey guys, I have a interview at Bradford for optom coming up soon. Does anybody know what sort of questions they ask? It would be a great help, as i'm very nervous as its my first interview.

Cheers
Just recieved an offer from Ulster.
TOTALLY GOING TO REVISE BIOLOGY NOW KTHXBYE.
I'm still waiting to hear from Ulster - they are the only uni I've applied to so I'm pretty nervous..! TheWorldEndsWithMe; how did you hear, by letter or e-mail/Ucas? Are you attending the open day? :smile:
OMG I just checked Ucas again and I've got a conditional! FIRM!!

Quick Reply

Latest