The Student Room Group

potential 2012 optometry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fardip
You got an offer from 3 A's? Or you mean Aston? lol

Anyway, her reason she got rejected is that she did not get predicted AA in 2 sciences. So as long as you get AA in 2 science and decent personal statement etc. You should get an offer..

Yeah true, it's still weird for them to reject people like that, which they shouldn't..

Oh well, I'm afraid that's how it is.. :s-smilie:

Haha 3 A's at aston yeah. Oh yeah I know but I'm the exact same boat. So I'll get rejected. But I haven't heard anything as of yet.
Original post by britchick

Manchester - acknowledgement - no news

What do you mean acknowledgment? As I havent heard anything from Manchester
Original post by Jodieeee....
What do you mean acknowledgment? As I havent heard anything from Manchester

I've had an acknowledgement from them too, they basically send a letter/email (depends if you gave them your email) basically saying, 'Hi, we got your application and we're looking at it now'.
Reply 123
I got an offer for 3 A's at Aston! :biggrin: seems a couple of people here have gotten offers from Aston :smile:
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
I've had an acknowledgement from them too, they basically send a letter/email (depends if you gave them your email) basically saying, 'Hi, we got your application and we're looking at it now'.

Oh god really? I've heard nothing!
I had 2 confirmation emails from cardiff and bradford.
Actually... had a text from bradford as well :tongue:
So I sent my application off in the middle of October.. when did Manchester email you?
Slightly worried that i haven't received anything!!
Original post by ravsingh
I got an offer for 3 A's at Aston! :biggrin: seems a couple of people here have gotten offers from Aston :smile:

Well I knew you would :tongue: sorry I haven't replied yet I haven't been on my computer - tis very hard to do a private mail on your phone!
Well done :biggrin:
Reply 126
Well I knew you would :tongue: sorry I haven't replied yet I haven't been on my computer - tis very hard to do a private mail on your phone!
Well done :biggrin:

I knew you would too! congratulations :smile:
ohh okay I can imagine would be hard on a phone :L
Reply 127
Hey guys,

What's are your choices of Uni's in preference?

And has anyone heard of Manchester yet??

lol I think we kinda need a stalking page for Optom as well.. :biggrin:
Oh god really? I've heard nothing!
I had 2 confirmation emails from cardiff and bradford.
Actually... had a text from bradford as well :tongue:
So I sent my application off in the middle of October.. when did Manchester email you?
Slightly worried that i haven't received anything!!

Approximately the 27th of October? I was able to log into track from the 20th and got the email roughly a week later.
Approximately the 27th of October? I was able to log into track from the 20th and got the email roughly a week later.

Gah how frustrating!
I've checked my junk mail as some say it goes in there and NOTHING!
mmm
what to do ???
Gah how frustrating!
I've checked my junk mail as some say it goes in there and NOTHING!
mmm
what to do ???

Give it a few more weeks. If nothing's come by the end of the month I'd email the admissions department and ask if they recieved your application.
Give it a few more weeks. If nothing's come by the end of the month I'd email the admissions department and ask if they recieved your application.

Yeah thats a good idea
I just didnt wanna come across needy so I suppose leaving it till the end of the month would be good considering i sent it mid October
Yeah thats a good idea
I just didnt wanna come across needy so I suppose leaving it till the end of the month would be good considering i sent it mid October

Yeah. They're bound to be inundated anyway, with all the people applying. Or maybe they sent it to the wrong email. Either way, yeah, leave until the end of the month at least. Don't sound whiney!
I haven't had replies from Anglia or Aston and i sent my ucas off on Friday :frown:
How long did they take to reply back to you guys??
Reply 134
Hey everyone! I have applied for Cardiff Manchester Aston City and Glasgow caledonian! I only sent my UCAS away on the 7th so 2 days ago, how long did it take people with offers to get them?
Original post by Junio
Hey everyone! I have applied for Cardiff Manchester Aston City and Glasgow caledonian! I only sent my UCAS away on the 7th so 2 days ago, how long did it take people with offers to get them?

Original post by Fezzes_Are_Cool
I haven't had replies from Anglia or Aston and i sent my ucas off on Friday :frown:
How long did they take to reply back to you guys??

I recieved an offer from Anglia on the same day.
Then again, I reckon I must've been one of the first to send it off, so eh...

Recieved an acknowledgement from Manchester a week after I sent it; waiting on news about interviews or if I'm even getting one.

Haven't heard from Glasgow or ulster (which is Coleraine for those of you who insist on calling it by the campus name).

And in case you're wondering why I only listed four, my back-up is Liverpool for Orthoptics, which I've also recieved an offer for.
Reply 136
I recieved an offer from Anglia on the same day.
Then again, I reckon I must've been one of the first to send it off, so eh...

Recieved an acknowledgement from Manchester a week after I sent it; waiting on news about interviews or if I'm even getting one.

Haven't heard from Glasgow or ulster (which is Coleraine for those of you who insist on calling it by the campus name).

And in case you're wondering why I only listed four, my back-up is Liverpool for Orthoptics, which I've also recieved an offer for.

Thanks very much :smile: got an acknowledgement from aston manchester and cardiff within a day but nothing else so far. It is so so nerveracking. Constantly refreshing my mail! I've been predicted 3A*s and have 4As at as level so hoping my personal statement doesn't jeoprodise me!! Also do you know if cardiff and manchester ALWAYS do interviews?
Original post by Junio
Thanks very much :smile: got an acknowledgement from aston manchester and cardiff within a day but nothing else so far. It is so so nerveracking. Constantly refreshing my mail! I've been predicted 3A*s and have 4As at as level so hoping my personal statement doesn't jeoprodise me!! Also do you know if cardiff and manchester ALWAYS do interviews?

I don't know about Cardiff, because tbh I don't care about there since I'm not applying, but I've been led to believe than Manch always do interviews.
I don't know about Cardiff, because tbh I don't care about there since I'm not applying, but I've been led to believe than Manch always do interviews.

And I've been told that they seem to do a mini test that is maths related
!
Original post by Junio

Cardiff rarely do, very few people in my year did - I didn't. Manchester always interview.

Quick Reply

Latest