The Student Room Group

What healthcare uni course to do??

I originally wanted to study Dentistry however, I doubt I'd get the A in chemistry :frown:
So now, i'm looking for an alternative course.
I know i want to study a course in healthcare but due to the wide choice i'm not sure which course to take.
I took Biology, Psychology, ICT which i'm likely to get As in.
However I'm struggling with chemistry so would like a course that doesnt require it.
I also looked at the possiblity of become a dental hygienest/therapist but you only need Cs, so doesnt seem like a challenge and it doesn't seem too interesting..:s-smilie:
Any suggestions?
Reply 1
Original post by gemstar!
I originally wanted to study Dentistry however, I doubt I'd get the A in chemistry :frown:
So now, i'm looking for an alternative course.
I know i want to study a course in healthcare but due to the wide choice i'm not sure which course to take.
I took Biology, Psychology, ICT which i'm likely to get As in.
However I'm struggling with chemistry so would like a course that doesnt require it.
I also looked at the possiblity of become a dental hygienest/therapist but you only need Cs, so doesnt seem like a challenge and it doesn't seem too interesting..:s-smilie:
Any suggestions?

Are you definetly sure you won't get an A? You mgiht suprise yourself!
There's also the option of the 6 year dentist courses, which basically include a foundation year for those who didn't have the grades/subjects required for the 5 year course. Alternatively you can always re-sit chemistry to get the A you need, IF you don't get the mark you want.
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
There's also the option of the 6 year dentist courses, which basically include a foundation year for those who didn't have the grades/subjects required for the 5 year course. Alternatively you can always re-sit chemistry to get the A you need, IF you don't get the mark you want.

This.

You shouldn't write yourself off too soon OP, especially if you have your heart set on Dentistry.

Quick Reply

Latest