The Student Room Group

AQA B PSYB2 7th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kishan777
anyone know the 10 mark question that came up on social influence in Jan 11 ?

i cant remember exactly what it was, but its something to do with normative and informational social influence. (:
Okay, so I've been doing some past papers. I didn't actually realise there's a choice of questions to do. Does this mean I technically only need to revise half of the material?!
Reply 22
Original post by AlesanaWill
Okay, so I've been doing some past papers. I didn't actually realise there's a choice of questions to do. Does this mean I technically only need to revise half of the material?!

There isn't a choice of questions :smile:
Original post by missach
There isn't a choice of questions :smile:

That's what it says according to the past papers I've done..? I'm confused now "/

Like, this is the January 2010 paper, it says answer one question from each section: http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-PSYB2-W-QP-JAN10.PDF
(edited 12 years ago)
Sorry to double post, but this has concerned me now. Does anyone have any information on whether the paper has two questions for each section, and you chose one out of the two?
Reply 25
Sorry to double post, but this has concerned me now. Does anyone have any information on whether the paper has two questions for each section, and you chose one out of the two?

You will have only learned ONE topic from each section:

For Social Psych either social cognition OR social influence

For Cognitive Psych either Memory OR Perception

For Indie differences either Anxiety disorders OR Autism.

I hope that clears things up :wink:
Original post by Placebo101
You will have only learned ONE topic from each section:

For Social Psych either social cognition OR social influence

For Cognitive Psych either Memory OR Perception

For Indie differences either Anxiety disorders OR Autism.

I hope that clears things up :wink:

Thanks for the reply. Well that's just brilliant, I've not learned one section, I've learned both sections for both, as that's what I was told to do for my course (I don't have a teacher, I self study). There was no indication in my course I was meant to learn one or the other.

I can't believe it. I've spent the past few weeks revising both sections when I only needed to revise one. FML.
Reply 27
anyone up revising for this atm ?
Reply 28
That's what it says according to the past papers I've done..? I'm confused now "/

Like, this is the January 2010 paper, it says answer one question from each section: http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-PSYB2-W-QP-JAN10.PDF

ohhhh!!! I just figured it out...we're doing the same board, but you're learning Psychology B, and I am learning Psychology A :smile:
Reply 29
anyone up revising for this atm ?

Yup, you?
Reply 30
hell no, im doing ethical/methodological issues with milgram/asch. it's torrturreee.
Reply 31
Original post by MyselfEtAl
Yup, you?

yeh, just going over phobias .. you ready for the exam?
Reply 32
yeh, just going over phobias .. you ready for the exam?

Idk why but the post mucked up above, what time you staying awake till?
Reply 33
hell no, im doing ethical/methodological issues with milgram/asch. it's torrturreee.

there was an essay on that recently so don't think it will come up again , but you never now .. any ideas what might come up ? , also do you know what came up in jan this year for the essays ?
Reply 34
Was there? I was revising it cos i thought it was quite hard (I thought "describe and explain the methodological issues in Asch's study" would come up?) but there's not much to write :-/
Idk about jan 11, but I'm going in to school tomorrow, I'll find out.
Reply 35
Discuss methodological and ethical issues that might arise when studying social
influence. Refer to evidence in your answer, came up in jan 10 .. soo i think the reasearch by asch or milgram will come up , also if you could post up the questions on here from jan when you find out, that would be reallly helpful :smile:
Reply 36
Just checked the AQA website, the essays are as follows:
Jan 10 - Describe and Discuss ethical and methodological issues that might arise when studying social influence. Refer to evidence in your answer.

June 10 - Discuss at least two factors that have been shown by psychologists to affect conformity. Refer to evidence in your answer.

Jan 09 - Discuss Milgram's research into obedience.

Specimen Paper - Discuss Asch's research into conformity.
Reply 37
Discuss methodological and ethical issues that might arise when studying social
influence. Refer to evidence in your answer, came up in jan 10 .. soo i think the reasearch by asch or milgram will come up , also if you could post up the questions on here from jan when you find out, that would be reallly helpful :smile:

Lol will do :smile: - but they had discussing research a couple years ago, are they likely to bring it up again? I think they might do "discuss 2 factors affecting obedience?" or maybe those "story" type ones? Where you have to relate it back? I really dont know :s-smilie: they're so unpredictable.
Reply 38
Lol will do :smile: - but they had discussing research a couple years ago, are they likely to bring it up again? I think they might do "discuss 2 factors affecting obedience?" or maybe those "story" type ones? Where you have to relate it back? I really dont know :s-smilie: they're so unpredictable.

your right i think they are likely to bring up something new like "discuss 2 factors affecting obedience?" sice they have already used factors affecting conformity , they could also put in something like investigation into social facilitation.
Reply 39
your right i think they are likely to bring up something new like "discuss 2 factors affecting obedience?" sice they have already used factors affecting conformity , they could also put in something like investigation into social facilitation.

**** - I'd die if they did that one, but that's quite possible!
*mental note: need to revise that!*

Quick Reply