Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sore breasts, brown vaginal discharge?

Announcements Posted on

Background details:

I've been on the pill for about 3 years now (Cerazette) and I haven't missed a single one and I take them at the same time every day. I've also not had a period since starting them.
    My boyfriend and I are sexually active, but tend to also use condoms.
    When I did have periods, I never really got cramps or sore breasts.

About 2 weeks ago I had really sore breasts, especially nipples. My breasts swelled up to about a cup size bigger than what they normally are and my nipples seemed to be perpetually hard, and very sore and uncomfortable to touch. It stopped after about a week or so.

3 or 4 days ago I noticed a brown gloopy like substance when I wiped my 'area' after going to the toilet. It's quite a dark brown and has persisted since, although there's not much there.

I've taken a pregnancy test which came back negative. Any ideas of what's going on?
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    :doctor:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This happens to all women at some point in their life. At least you now have it out of the way. Basically, it only lasts for a short while, usually no more than a couple months, but you have an infection. What has started to happen as a result of that infection, is that you are beginning to create faeces in your uterus. Notice that it is quite dark, and there usually isn't much, so it's not quite the same poo that comes out of your bottom, but it is still the same thing.

As long as you clean regularly it will go away.
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a very light period or the onset of a period which will get heavier. I never used to get sore breasts either but it randomly developed and I get it every month now... it could just be something that happens, afterall we are constantly changing as we grow older.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Brown vaginal discharge could be old blood?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealDarthVader)
    This happens to all women at some point in their life. At least you now have it out of the way. Basically, it only lasts for a short while, usually no more than a couple months, but you have an infection. What has started to happen as a result of that infection, is that you are beginning to create faeces in your uterus. Notice that it is quite dark, and there usually isn't much, so it's not quite the same poo that comes out of your bottom, but it is still the same thing.

As long as you clean regularly it will go away.
    :rofl: 10/10
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go to the doctor. It could just be you reacting to the pill. I know how I reacted to it changed after 8 months and it could be that you're symptoms are just appearing late
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Keep these things to yourself in future.

Thanks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Remote Part)

Thanks.
    What do you think a health and relationships forum is for?
    Moron.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Remote Part)

Thanks.
    What an utterly idiotic post.

If you are too small to take it, just move on.

OP, it sounds like nothing serious and I've heard of similar situations to this before, but go see your GP. Only your GP will tell you be able to give you proper advice.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Happened to me too when I went on the pill. It's a side effect, though I don't know why it didn't happen sooner.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    This happens to me on the onset of a period, I'd wait a week just to see what happens and then if it's still there, go see a doctor . It probably is just a side effect of the pill.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    why am I aroused by this?:stupid:
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Like everyone else said, seeing a doctor is probably a good idea.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Background details:

I've been on the pill for about 3 years now (Cerazette) and I haven't missed a single one and I take them at the same time every day. I've also not had a period since starting them.
    My boyfriend and I are sexually active, but tend to also use condoms.
    When I did have periods, I never really got cramps or sore breasts.

About 2 weeks ago I had really sore breasts, especially nipples. My breasts swelled up to about a cup size bigger than what they normally are and my nipples seemed to be perpetually hard, and very sore and uncomfortable to touch. It stopped after about a week or so.

3 or 4 days ago I noticed a brown gloopy like substance when I wiped my 'area' after going to the toilet. It's quite a dark brown and has persisted since, although there's not much there.

I've taken a pregnancy test which came back negative. Any ideas of what's going on?
    Go to your GP, it sounds like you need a break from your pill or change it because your body is going to give you a period, your breasts were sore due to hormones and its very common around ovulation. I don't think you have anything to worry about, but see your doctor because like I said before, you may have to change the pill you are on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you are about to have a period but GP see your GP to be sure.

This happened to me on implanon and my periods just disappeared altogether.

Thanks everyone for replying! From the sounds of it, it's nothing too serious but I'll go to my doctor. Obviously it's quite a sensitive issue so I wanted to see if anyone else experienced this before going.

(Original post by HEJ92)
    Go to your GP, it sounds like you need a break from your pill or change it because your body is going to give you a period, your breasts were sore due to hormones and its very common around ovulation. I don't think you have anything to worry about, but see your doctor because like I said before, you may have to change the pill you are on
    Thanks for your reply. I hope I won't have to change pill because I'm so happy on this one and I don't get periods which I'm exceedingly pleased about. I'll try to find out what is going on though. Thanks again!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am 29 years. I'm having a lot of vaginal discharge, and it has a strange odor. Should I be worried?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks everyone for replying! From the sounds of it, it's nothing too serious but I'll go to my doctor. Obviously it's quite a sensitive issue so I wanted to see if anyone else experienced this before going.

Thanks for your reply. I hope I won't have to change pill because I'm so happy on this one and I don't get periods which I'm exceedingly pleased about. I'll try to find out what is going on though. Thanks again!
    Hi there OP,

I just wonder if you could give me an update on your situation? I'm currently experiencing this now (also been on the same pill for three years!)... Slightly concerned about it all and I don't want to go to the doctors until I absolutely have to.

If you could let me know what happen, then I would greatly appreciate it!

X

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 14, 2011
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.