The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I should be packing, but haven't started yet
I'm leaving on Saturday. I haven't even thought about packing yet, although I have washed nearly all my clothes. I will probably pack all my books and documents and stuff in my suitcase tomorrow, then chuck all my clothes on the floor. On Saturday when my dad brings me another suitcase, I'll just shove the clothes in it. Apart from that, I don't think I need to take anything home. I don't have to vacate my room in the holidays, so I can leave all my cooking stuff, all my bathroom stuff......anything I want really!
Reply 3
Nope still have to do an essay first
Reply 4
Why do you need topack up your entire stuff? Are you not coming back to the same rooms after Christmas?
Some halls only have a 30 week let. I know my ex at Warwick had to pack up absolutely everything in the holidays because they used his halls for conferences and things. I have a 38 week let, so I could stay here every day until the end of June if I wanted. I used to think I'd like halls with a 30 week let because you pay 8 weeks less rent, but my halls are costing about the same for a 38 week let as his did for a 30 week let, and they're about the same standard. And I don't have all the hassle of moving my stuff in and out all the time. :smile:
is this just packing during the xmas break? why? :confused:
i just pack myself 3 weeks of clothes, xmas prezzies and my laptop, and tidy my room so that it's presentable for when my olds come and pick me up
Reply 7
qwerty_st/n
is this just packing during the xmas break? why? :confused:
i just pack myself 3 weeks of clothes, xmas prezzies and my laptop, and tidy my room so that it's presentable for when my olds come and pick me up

Its taken me all day to get my room presentable..! It was a bit of a tip. Just need to pack up some clothes and all for when I leave on sat.

(thank god I dont have to vacate my room.)
Reply 8
I hate packing.

I have to completely vacate my room - it's really annoying. Going home tomorrow though, i'm really excited to see everyone again. xx
Reply 9
i came back here the other day, my packing involved throwing clothes in bin bags that was that. :smile:
Hanzing
Its taken me all day to get my room presentable..! It was a bit of a tip. Just need to pack up some clothes and all for when I leave on sat.

(thank god I dont have to vacate my room.)

all day? good grief! i havent tidied my room in about 3 months :redface: i havent started cleaning yet either and they're coming tomorrow evening :eek:

**i would just like to add, though, it's not cos i'm lazy or owt!!**
How much did you pay for your hall? And how big were you're rooms/dorms/chambers/bat caves?
Reply 12
How long are holidays :biggrin: !
Reply 13
susiemakemeblue
I'm leaving on Saturday. I haven't even thought about packing yet, although I have washed nearly all my clothes. I will probably pack all my books and documents and stuff in my suitcase tomorrow, then chuck all my clothes on the floor. On Saturday when my dad brings me another suitcase, I'll just shove the clothes in it. Apart from that, I don't think I need to take anything home. I don't have to vacate my room in the holidays, so I can leave all my cooking stuff, all my bathroom stuff......anything I want really!

why dont you get them washed at home?! saves money!
sm0273
why dont you get them washed at home?! saves money!

True, but I don't want to take a suitcase full of dirty clothes home for my mum to see, and I needed something to wear out tonight.

Speaking of which, I should get off TSR and into the shower...
Reply 15
I thought it was a hassle moving out every term at the start if my frist year, but looking back it wasn't that bad. It meant that my room got a good clean, and prevented lots of junk building up, I collected so much crap when in a house, just cos I wasn't getting rid each term, it was just pushed/shoved/thrown in to a cupboard/corner.

Only took about 30mins this time to pack, all i needed to pack was my laptop and washing and footie tickets (don't have to completely empty room).
Reply 16
Hey Nat, I havnt started packing yet. Will do in a minute I suppose when I find to room to open my suitcase somewhere lol. Need to give my bathroom floor a good clean - its eugh! x
I finished term last friday. I've been so bored all week though because all my other mates don't finish until tomorrow or this weekend anyway. It's very annoying!
Is this...erm..an ONLY GIRL thread? :biggrin:
Reply 19
SynopticEnd
Is this...erm..an ONLY GIRL thread? :biggrin:

YES! Lol j/k. Is it only girls who have replied? x

Latest

Trending

Trending