The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics- June 6th

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Miss Anonymous
Anything specific about surdes, venn diagrams and histograms? :smile:
I mean like... do you want to know the concepts? or is there any specific questions?

Maybe this?

yep i would be very greatfull if u helped me :smile: would we need to sort out a time if your still willing to help thanx :smile: x
If anyone needs help with any last minute revision, watch this mans tutorials on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/maths247
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 42
Can anyone tell me how much I would have to get in unit 3 to get an A* overall? I got an A in unit 1 (can't remember how many marks exactly but think it was a high A) and in unit 2 I got full marks in both the non calc and calc papers. Thanks.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
Anyone? :smile:
Original post by bad8oy

Original post by bad8oy
yep i would be very greatfull if u helped me :smile: would we need to sort out a time if your still willing to help thanx :smile: x

I'm on TSR quite a lot so just PM me when you are online :smile: and I can help you through Scriblink
or if you are stuck on some questions, PM me the question you are stuck on directly :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by sam.h
Can anyone tell me how much I would have to get in unit 3 to get an A* overall? I got an A in unit 1 (can't remember how many marks exactly but think it was a high A) and in unit 2 I got full marks in both the non calc and calc papers. Thanks.

Can't say for sure without your raw marks for unit 1, but can estimate.
Worst case scenario = 64+120 = 184. you'd need at least 176/200 ums overall for unit 3 for A* overall.
Best case scenario = 71+120 = 191. You'd need at least 169/200 ums overall for unit 3 for A* overall.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
Mathswatch is the best learning guide out there!
Original post by bad8oy
lol nerd

Haha, I wish! 84% is rather pathetic tbh. And IMO it was a fairly easy paper.
Good luck, though!
Reply 48
Original post by cc234
Can't say for sure without your raw marks for unit 1, but can estimate.
Worst case scenario = 64+120 = 184. you'd need at least 176/200 ums overall for unit 3 for A* overall.
Best case scenario = 71+120 = 191. You'd need at least 169/200 ums overall for unit 3 for A* overall.

Thank you!
Reply 49
Original post by ScarletMoon
Haha, I wish! 84% is rather pathetic tbh. And IMO it was a fairly easy paper.
Good luck, though!

lol u 2 :smile: the highest i got was 92% in the mock but some past papers i do crap n get about 68-75 so my marks really vary depending on what topics actually come up
The 2010 exam was quite easy compared to older years so they may make ours harder... I'm so scared D:
Hopefully I will get A* unless there is a major cockup on the day. Got 98% and 96% in calculator and non calculator mocks respectively. I am more worried about Add Maths the following Monday :crossedf:
Reply 52
Original post by i am god ovbz
because if you 57.499999999999999999999999999999999999999999kg that would round down to 57, so to make life easier they just round it to 57.5kg. (this can only happen with continuous variables)

Ohhh ok thankyou I get it now :smile:
Reply 53
I'm on TSR quite a lot so just PM me when you are online :smile: and I can help you through Scriblink
or if you are stuck on some questions, PM me the question you are stuck on directly :smile:

okayy thanx tht would be very helpful:smile:
Reply 54
Can Anyone Send Me The Topics That'll Come Up Or The Specification For This Paper. Unfortuanately I Don't Know Where To Go To Find Previous Past Papers. Can Anyone Send Me A Link To Some Please. It Would Be Very Much Appreciated. Thank You.
anyone know where you can find past papers for these two non calculator and calculator exams?
Reply 56
Original post by sam.h

Original post by sam.h

you'd probably need to get an A* in unit 3 because in unit 1 i got an A* full marks and in unit 2 i got an A and an A* and i still have to get an A* in unit 3 to get an A* overall i think it really depends what your ums was out of 200 because i was only 5 marks into an A* 185/200...hope this helps
Reply 57
Original post by beckyjanem
anyone know where you can find past papers for these two non calculator and calculator exams?

Im Having Trouble As Well! If I Find Any I'll Tell You. =)
Reply 58
You too! :smile:

im doin IGCSE awell...but in everything lol its hard :frown: but i really need help with functions in maths
Original post by bad8oy

Original post by bad8oy
im doin IGCSE awell...but in everything lol its hard :frown: but i really need help with functions in maths

Are there any specific questions you are stuck on? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending