The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
Original post by CrazyPyramid
Yeah it's not like Bellamy scored twice or anything =|

I see what you're saying but he didn't change the game that much and it didn't still change the fact we were hopeless. I'm pretty confident we still would have lost the way we were playing.

Pretty lucky free-kick with Danny Simpson being a ****. Liverpool hardly deserved to be in the lead until Gerrard came on. Even luckier after the goalline clearance from Demba Ba's shot.

We were terrible yes, But i'm just pointing out Liverpool wern't much better.
Reply 2021
Three more stories.

Alan Smith mutually agrees to terminate his contract. Set to join Ipswich Town.

Steve Harper close to joining Hull City either on loan or on a free transfer.

Darlington enter administration. Again. 3rd time in 9 years.
Original post by Zerforax
:eyeball:
We've only really played Suarez and Carroll up front (Bellamy on the left and Kuyt on the right) with Suarez having an 8 game ban, even if we did sign another striker, I highly doubt we would send Carroll on loan.

Me too tbh but what if you bought another striker?
Original post by KingGoonIan
Me too tbh but what if you bought another striker?

Then we'd potentially have a striker who can score, Suarez who will be banned for 8 out of the remaining 19 games, and Carroll who cost us £35mil.

He'll play if we haven't bought someone soon and even if we have bought someone, he'll be rotated/play with the new striker. If he hits form, he'll get more game time till the end of the season, otherwise he'll spend more time on the bench and at the training ground.

Sending a £35mil buy on loan, after a year is basically admitting you've made a massive blunder with the transfer - which the club won't do.
Then we'd potentially have a striker who can score, Suarez who will be banned for 8 out of the remaining 19 games, and Carroll who cost us £35mil.

He'll play if we haven't bought someone soon and even if we have bought someone, he'll be rotated/play with the new striker. If he hits form, he'll get more game time till the end of the season, otherwise he'll spend more time on the bench and at the training ground.

Sending a £35mil buy on loan, after a year is basically admitting you've made a massive blunder with the transfer - which the club won't do.

Ok, I'll stay hopeful though.

Good luck with your transfer window - just as long as you don't try and buy any of our players. :wink:
Original post by KingGoonIan
Ok, I'll stay hopeful though.

Good luck with your transfer window - just as long as you don't try and buy any of our players. :wink:

Nah don't really see it. How many out and out goal scorers are there in the league who are affordable?

Even Bent will cost £20mil+..

I'm sure some may think we'd want Ba but I think we now steer well clear of any player who may have potential injury issues.

Think it will be a striker from abroad.
Original post by Vintage
Pretty lucky free-kick with Danny Simpson being a ****. Liverpool hardly deserved to be in the lead until Gerrard came on. Even luckier after the goalline clearance from Demba Ba's shot.

We were terrible yes, But i'm just pointing out Liverpool wern't much better.

Nah you're right, the whole game was really quite dull to watch. They were better enough though and imo would've been better enough even without Gerrard.
Original post by Vintage
That shows you Liverpool were not that good either, Gerrard changed a game between two under par teams on the night, But Liverpool fans think they can still win the league.

Yeah, adam was pants that game. But Gerrard has been carrying liverpool the day benitez became the manager at the very least so i'm not surprised, it's like van persie with arsenal and rooney with united when tevez left.
Reply 2028
Original post by jam277
Yeah, adam was pants that game. But Gerrard has been carrying liverpool the day benitez became the manager at the very least so i'm not surprised, it's like van persie with arsenal and rooney with united when tevez left.

Shearer with us in the early 2000's!"
Reply 2029
New Year Blues are present for me at the moment.

Man U tomorrow night- Be very surprised if we get anything out of that.

The squad is as thin as a tramp's blanket. Seriously playing Sammy Ameobi against the champions is just pathetic and certainly not one of a team who is supposedly challenging for the Europa League.

The mackems seem to be on a bit of a roll disturbingly, them finishing above us makes me feel a bit sick.

Not a peep of transfer activity so far, sticking to my prediction that we won't sign anyone which is ****ing retarded.

Teams behind us are hitting some form a.k.a. Stoke, West Brom etc.

Concerning
Reply 2030
Original post by TM94
New Year Blues are present for me at the moment.

Man U tomorrow night- Be very surprised if we get anything out of that.

The squad is as thin as a tramp's blanket. Seriously playing Sammy Ameobi against the champions is just pathetic and certainly not one of a team who is supposedly challenging for the Europa League.

The mackems seem to be on a bit of a roll disturbingly, them finishing above us makes me feel a bit sick.

Not a peep of transfer activity so far, sticking to my prediction that we won't sign anyone which is ****ing retarded.

Teams behind us are hitting some form a.k.a. Stoke, West Brom etc.

Concerning

Also no more details about Colaccini signing a new contract have came out. Highest paid player, And will only have a year left after this season. Worrying.
Out of interest:

Who here is a ST holder or attending/thinking of attending a game in the near future?

Also where do you guys sit when you go to matches?

Am going to QPR at home next, followed by Fulham away.
Yeh, I'm not normally negative but I think we're going to be slaughtered tonight. :sigh:

After that though we've got a good run of fixtures to hopefully get some momentum going again.

(H) Blackburn (FA Cup) - could be a bit tricky but has to be a win.
(H) QPR - They're in free fall at present.
(A) Fulham - not the fixture it once was. They've been a bit flaky at home this year.
(A) Blackburn - probably the most favoured fixture in the league at the moment.
(H) Villa - Villa are ****.
Remember this :wink:

What formation did you guys play with Carroll in the side? Was it 2 strikers or was he the loneman?
Rumours suggesting that Virgin Money will replace Northern Rock on our shirts as from tonight.
What formation did you guys play with Carroll in the side? Was it 2 strikers or was he the loneman?

Either a 4-4-2 with Ameobi or a 4-4-1-1 with Nolan behind him
Ryan Taylor or Davide Santon at LB tonight?
Reply 2038
Ben Arfa is pissed off about his lack of games as well.

bubble has burst.

Can Ben Arfa just play on the wing instead of Sammy?
Reply 2039
I'm hearing you guys are linked to Vincenzo Iaquinta on loan. :holmes: He could potentially be great for you guys, imo. (Doubt the rumours are very substantial, though...)

Nah don't really see it. How many out and out goal scorers are there in the league who are affordable?

Even Bent will cost £20mil+..

I'm sure some may think we'd want Ba but I think we now steer well clear of any player who may have potential injury issues.

Think it will be a striker from abroad.

And probably someone who doesn't need to go to the ACoN.

Latest