The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chriswuk
I know its only half time but... :smile:

:biggrin:
Reply 2061
Well bloody done :biggrin:
I did say this was the best chance we had to beat Man Utd in a long time.

I'm going to delete the part where I predicted us to lose though.
Well I'm very happy :yep:
From the worst game of the season to the best in less than a week. I love NUFC.
Original post by Chriswuk
Brilliant game, put me in a fantastic mood. More of ryan taylor on the wing please.

Eh? No, Ryan Taylor is not a winger. Had a decent game, helped out Simpson a lot and all, but going forward he was pretty bad.
Reply 2066
Impressed with Alan Pardew.
This is the best match we played in today. Seriously played well, although Ameobi basically slowed us down tremendously. Thoughts on players:

- Tiote is obviously back to full fitness. Played well today (although some mistakes) yet he seems back to form (and hopefully stays that way).

-What can I say, Ba is the best striker we've had since Shearer. Not an exaggeration, seriously great.

- Cabaye, is the same as Ba, absolutely great

- R Taylor, just shows that he deserves a role in Mid, as he has a good balance between defence and attack, not in defense

- Santon showed potential for the first time

- Krul was great and proved a worthy successor to Given.

- Shola, I love ya but as soon as you retire then we'd be a lot better. Shouldn't have been playing.

Overall a good performance although Pards subs were odd (Perch? Really?) but overall potential which made me happy. Best performance so far I would say.
Reply 2068
Just got back from the match.
What an unbelievable result, the best game I've been to since 4-4.
Atmosphere was incredible like seriously just heart-pounding in the second half.
Cabaye's free-kick :sogood: :love:
The Man U fans brought a large travelling support with some great chants at each other, didn't hear a peep from them when we scored the first :teehee:

Spoiler

Tiote was amazing for the first time this season.
Collo is pure class, his audacious flicks at the end- my mind could not comprehend such majesty.
Simpson made it up to us with his clearence as well - good lad.

Demba Ba is the best striker we've had since Shearer, dynamite.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Karma Charger
Eh? No, Ryan Taylor is not a winger. Had a decent game, helped out Simpson a lot and all, but going forward he was pretty bad.

Disagree completely with you there. His best position is in right mid. He may not be able to take players on but his delivery is first class which more than makes up for it. His workrate is much better than Obertan's as well.
Thanks guys. I love you.
Reply 2071
Original post by Christien
Thanks guys. I love you.

Destroy them on the weekend as well, they will be almost suicidal.

Talk of them wanting to get rid of Fergie.

Such an incredible crumble :sogood:
Reply 2072
Congrats guys, fully deserved. You have 3 or 4 exceptional players right up your spine who'd contribute to pretty much every squad in the league.

Great work rate from you as well. Whenever our wingers tried to get a cross in you'd always have 2 defenders out there to disrupt them, Jonas and Taylor were excellent as defensive wingers and really disrupted the quality of our delivery. Seemed like you did your homework, stopping our wide players goes a long way to stopping us, and Ameobi was a good selection given the lack of Vidic and therefore lack of a CB who can play against target men style strikers.
Reply 2073
What a game, put a smile on my face after a pretty rubbish week so far :smile:
Original post by TM94
Destroy them on the weekend as well, they will be almost suicidal.

Talk of them wanting to get rid of Fergie.

Such an incredible crumble :sogood:

I hope so, but I suspect they'll be somewhat invigorated by the derby.

And such talk is obviously moronic, but I suspect that lot are a minority. With that squad (and, let's be fair, injury list), any other manager in this league would be out of contention for top spot already. Ferguson is the difference between barely qualifying for the CL and mounting a credible title challenge.
(edited 12 years ago)
Well done guise, just to echo what Louis said. I rated you guys before the game, if you have a gander at the match thread, Demba Ba and Cabaye are quality players and Tiote, Krul and Collicini are pretty good on their day. When you're anywhere near full strength, with that home crowd, you can give any team in the league a good game. Fully deserved win, no complaints.
Absolutely unbelievable... :sogood:
Original post by TM94
Just got back from the match.
What an unbelievable result, the best game I've been to since 4-4.
Atmosphere was incredible like seriously just heart-pounding in the second half.
Cabaye's free-kick :sogood: :love:
The Man U fans brought a large travelling support with some great chants at each other, didn't hear a peep from them when we scored the first :teehee:

Spoiler

Tiote was amazing for the first time this season.
Collo is pure class, his audacious flicks at the end- my mind could not comprehend such majesty.
Simpson made it up to us with his clearence as well - good lad.

Demba Ba is the best striker we've had since Shearer, dynamite.

Am so jealous of yous.

I didn't go because it cost too much... I wish I'd gone now.

I didn't even watch it live ffs I went to the cinema! I woulda loved to hear that atmosphere musta been immense!

I've heard everyone sung:

"Colleen is a slapper, she wears a wonder bra... And when she's shaggin' Rooney she thinks of Demba Ba!"

:sexface:

Haha I love this guy... the accent is charming too!