The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Woke up to Newcastle 3-0 Manchester United at the top of the BBC homepage and nearly fell off my seat. Absolutely fantastic result :biggrin:
Reply 2081
Newcastle United, you irritate me loads for all sorts of reasons, but the thing is, I still love you.
Reply 2082
Just wow. Still buzzing from that performance and atmosphere. Electric inside St James' Park. Funny how the Manc supporters were qiuet as soon as they were losing.

Loved the fact that after the 3rd we were chanting 'we want 4' lol. I had an 850-1 bet on Newcastle winning 4-0 and Ba First goal :angry:

I don't think Man utd played badly, Had a lot of possesion but we just didn't give them any space, and wanted it more than them.

but this result will mean nothing unless we beat Blackburn in the cup on saturday and QPR at home the following week.
Still on a buzz from last nights result despite now being sober.

In transfer news, Onhuoa is available. I would be very disappointed if we don't bring him in.
Reply 2084
Why are we bidding £4 million for Tomkins

Get Onuoha in for £2.5 million instead.

Jheez
Original post by TM94
Why are we bidding £4 million for Tomkins

Get Onuoha in for £2.5 million instead.

Jheez

If theres one thing I have faith in with this club its our scouts. If Tomkins has been favoured to Onuoha its for a good reason.
Original post by I Kant Spall

Haha I love this guy... the accent is charming too!

I may have to sig this... :love:
Demba Ba song :biggrin:

Original post by Vintage
Just wow. Still buzzing from that performance and atmosphere. Electric inside St James' Park. Funny how the Manc supporters were qiuet as soon as they were losing.

Loved the fact that after the 3rd we were chanting 'we want 4' lol. I had an 850-1 bet on Newcastle winning 4-0 and Ba First goal :angry:

I don't think Man utd played badly, Had a lot of possesion but we just didn't give them any space, and wanted it more than them.

but this result will mean nothing unless we beat Blackburn in the cup on saturday and QPR at home the following week.

Ah! Unlucky bud!
Original post by Cookidge
Ah! Unlucky bud!

My best mate put a bet on Newcastle to beat Sunderland 5-0 when we won 5-1. He put it on and then we went to the match. When Bent got the last goal everyone in the stadium cheered sarcastically but he was so gutted.
Reply 2090
Well all the negativity posted before the game was justified :wink:

As soon as I saw the CM pairing of Giggs and Carrick I fancied our chances. Felt like we could always get at them and it proved to be the case. Whenever we won the ball it seemed our players were immediately running at a defender.

Good atmosphere. Great goal by Ba and a special goal from a special player in Cabaye.

Think Pards is owed a couple of apologies, picking Shola proved to be a brilliant decision and bringing best on with 15-20 remaining just meant more of the same with a fresher pair of legs. Jones and Rio just couldn't handle the two big lads.
Original post by -Matty-
Well all the negativity posted before the game was justified :wink:

As soon as I saw the CM pairing of Giggs and Carrick I fancied our chances. Felt like we could always get at them and it proved to be the case. Whenever we won the ball it seemed our players were immediately running at a defender.

Good atmosphere. Great goal by Ba and a special goal from a special player in Cabaye.

Think Pards is owed a couple of apologies, picking Shola proved to be a brilliant decision and bringing best on with 15-20 remaining just meant more of the same with a fresher pair of legs. Jones and Rio just couldn't handle the two big lads.

Erm no. He was slow and couldn't keep the ball, hell he stopped us from attacking and ruined our attack most of the time. It was only Ba that done well.
Reply 2092
Ba's syrup interview is one of the funniest I've ever seen.

Just doesn't give a **** does he?

Ba can do whatever he wants.

:lol:
Reply 2093
Vagner Love avaliable for 10m euros apparently sign up Pardew :teehee:

Spoiler

10m euros for that perpetual out-of-form striker?

Sign 'im up.
Original post by Colonel.
10m euros for that perpetual out-of-form striker?

Sign 'im up.

Even if he was in form Ashley would never sign him up.

P.S. Interesting how you're a Fulham fan because today I registered with Fulham FC supporters in an attempt to get tickets for Fulham Newcastle.

Unfortunately it has completely sold out to non-members.
Original post by KingGoonIan
Even if he was in form Ashley would never sign him up.

P.S. Interesting how you're a Fulham fan because today I registered with Fulham FC supporters in an attempt to get tickets for Fulham Newcastle.

Unfortunately it has completely sold out to non-members.

I can get you some, but only in Fulham seats. I have enough loyalty points.
Original post by Karma Charger
I doubt we'll get anything out of tonight. Ben Arfa's going to come on at the 65 minute mark and be crap in the centre as per. Obertan will do sod all, along with Gutierrez, putting lots of pressure on Cabaye who's going to end up playing some ridiculously ambitious passes forward as he won't have any other option.

Spot on, you know what your talking about.
Original post by TCD23
Sorry but am I going crazy. ****ing Shola Ameobi!!!!! Against the League Champions!!!!!!! Is Pards ****ing mental?

No, it was one of the best decisions he's made this season.
Original post by Karma Charger
Oh god, Manchester United's team is going to crush us

Great optimism.

Latest