The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A thing I noticed as well, in the 2nd half it looked like we were playing a 4-5-1 as Best was on the left wing. By the time we switched back it was 3-1...
Reply 2501
It wasn't even in the box

arrrrrrrghggggggggggggghgggggggggggggsfgdhnb
Right having calmed down from that pathetic drubbing a couple of thoughts.

1) Shola shouldn't be in the first squad. Ever.

2) We need to play a 4-5-1 with Best up front as he is now our third best striker. (that's whilst the Senegal duo are gone obviously)

3) We do need some signing in the vain of at least two wingers and two defenders (although that's hopeful thinking so one in each would be alright).

4) If Pards dares to drop Ben Arfa AGAIN, he hasn't got a ****ing clue about who his best players are (not saying he's bad, he's pretty good, but I don't think he is making anywhere near the best decisions when it comes to starting and so on)

5) At least Liverpool and most of the teams surrounding us lost. All that matters to me is making sure we get ahead of Liverpool at any costs so that we can shove it in Enrique and Carroll's face as well as sending a message to our own players that Liverpool can **** off because we're the club with ambition not those Scouse *****.
Original post by Karma Charger
Went to the game. Still fuming at the implosion, Colo aside the other 3 were shocking, even Krul was poor. Ameobi is so ****ing useless, Cabaye had a poor game- he was poor last week as well. Guthrie was excellent, tidy performance. Ben Arfa needs to stop trying to dribble the entire pitch as well

whats wrong with ben arfa? its not like every time he got the ball he ran with it.... he was passing it about.... and then when he doesn't run people like you say why the f*** did he not dribble enough. I think that was a poor poor performance, 1st half we were all over them....... ameobi is useless, better off having the young ones have a go. does vukic play upfront?
Reply 2504
People were getting way way ahead of themselves.

If we qualify for the Europa League IMO it would be an astonishing achievement with our squad.
Some good news... Senegal lost against Zambia. I watched some of it and they looked diabolical so could be an early bath for Ba and Cissé, at the very least we can hope they qualify second and face Ivory coast (if they win their group) in the next round.
Original post by Chriswuk
Some good news... Senegal lost against Zambia. I watched some of it and they looked diabolical so could be an early bath for Ba and Cissé, at the very least we can hope they qualify second and face Ivory coast (if they win their group) in the next round.

so if they finish last in their group which is unlikely, senegal will be out? yayyy, we need ba and cisse badly.
Original post by James A
whats wrong with ben arfa? its not like every time he got the ball he ran with it.... he was passing it about.... and then when he doesn't run people like you say why the f*** did he not dribble enough. I think that was a poor poor performance, 1st half we were all over them....... ameobi is useless, better off having the young ones have a go. does vukic play upfront?

People like me? Please you are one of the most fickle people on here. There's one thing dribbling in your opponents half trying to score, then there's another picking the ball up near the half way line and trying to dribble the entire pitch. At times he would pick the ball up near our area and try and run his way to the other end.

Anyway moving on from the idiots- pretty angry about that match still but it's a freak result, happens every now and again, we've had an excellent season so far and once we get back our ACON players we will be a force to be reckoned with
I agree HBA still hasn't learned when to pass.
Reply 2509
Ben Arfa makes some bad decisions, but he's also quality. Let's not forget that and expect him to play like Messi every game...
HBA has improved a HELL of a lot since he came back from injury.
Original post by MrPhil
Ben Arfa makes some bad decisions, but he's also quality. Let's not forget that and expect him to play like Messi every game...

HBA has improved a HELL of a lot since he came back from injury.

Yea no denying how much talent he has just wish he didn't over do it so much.
shall i rip up my newcastle top 4 bet now?
People like me? Please you are one of the most fickle people on here. There's one thing dribbling in your opponents half trying to score, then there's another picking the ball up near the half way line and trying to dribble the entire pitch. At times he would pick the ball up near our area and try and run his way to the other end.

Anyway moving on from the idiots- pretty angry about that match still but it's a freak result, happens every now and again, we've had an excellent season so far and once we get back our ACON players we will be a force to be reckoned with

yeah it was, HBA needs to play more games from the starting line up and he will eventually learn when to pass etc. but the goal he scored yesterday was nice.

yeah our full strength team will be goooood.

cisse, ba, HBA, R Taylor, Guttiriez, cabaye, guthrie, simpson, santon (he had a poor game yesterday) , captain Colo, and Krul
Original post by James A
yeah it was, HBA needs to play more games from the starting line up and he will eventually learn when to pass etc. but the goal he scored yesterday was nice.

yeah our full strength team will be goooood.

cisse, ba, HBA, R Taylor, Guttiriez, cabaye, guthrie, simpson, santon (he had a poor game yesterday) , captain Colo, and Krul

So you think our best formation is a 3-5-2? :tongue:
Yes, Fulham, rawr.
So you think our best formation is a 3-5-2? :tongue:

why not 4-4-2?

can't guthrie play in defence? williamson wasn't toooo bad yesterday, he helped out tremendously with the win over man united
Original post by James A
why not 4-4-2?

can't guthrie play in defence? williamson wasn't toooo bad yesterday, he helped out tremendously with the win over man united

Guthrie in defence? :lolwut:
Guthrie in defence? :lolwut:

do you know when S taylor will be back?
Original post by James A
do you know when S taylor will be back?

Probably out for the season. Usual recovey time for his type of injury is 6 months